Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The money that Man City have now is "obscence" & they ain't the only club in the English Premier league with a vast sums available to them.
My question is why are these rich Arabs, Russians & Americans interested in English clubs & not top foriegn clubs such as Juve, Bayern Munich etc.. when they would have atleast a decent return.
I can't see how Man City will be able to pay back anything near to what's being invested in them.

Why the EPL.??

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Cappy said:
Because it is the biggest most popular league at the moment.
Yep, I saw at stat a while back that it is, by far, the most watched sports league in the world - any sport. There may be some history involved in it as well...

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Simple because it is the best, most popular League atm.

Discounting Man City here as they don't need anymore, but also because of the above reason, the TV money is massive.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Plus, most Italian and Spanish clubs are not really available for purchase... You can only go after clubs that have stocks, where you can buy your way in. Plus, the visibility, and the fact that there's others already there, make it for interesting competition.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
yeah the exposure the EPL gets around the world is HUGE. More so than La Liga or Serie A for instance. Currently have some of the best clubs in the world too, that helps.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Some good points were raised above and in addition to that I also believe that the EPL is more popular as its in "English" which can be broadcasted and followed by people in English speaking countries such as Africa, Australia, US etc plus most people are learning English as it is becoming the mainsream global language. That is one of the key reasons why the Serie A and La Liga isn't really popular here as most magazines, websites and coverage are usually in Italian or Spanish, hence poeple leaning towards the EPL more. I guess that is also a reason why the Americans like the EPL lol

·
Banned
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sparkic said:
Some good points were raised above and in addition to that I also believe that the EPL is more popular as its in "English" which can be broadcasted and followed by people in English speaking countries such as Africa, Australia, US etc plus most people are learning English as it is becoming the mainsream global language. That is one of the key reasons why the Serie A and La Liga isn't really popular here as most magazines, websites and coverage are usually in Italian or Spanish, hence poeple leaning towards the EPL more. I guess that is also a reason why the Americans like the EPL lol

That's well put..!!

The money that's being thrown about in the EPL now must have Platini spitting feathers & you know he's been on the phone to Kaka' telling him to turn this deal down for the sake of football.?! :p

I hate Platini..!:mad:

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Believe it or not but the Russian league has as much Rich club owners now as The english premiership but they cant get the talent over there.

I believe Zenit payed well over 20 million for Dani and CSKA are very rich aswell.

·
Banned
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
red dave said:
Believe it or not but the Russian league has as much Rich club owners now as The english premiership but they cant get the talent over there.

I believe Zenit payed well over 20 million for Dani and CSKA are very rich aswell.

Yes that is very true, i think Dani is on around £85K a week at Zenit.

Who would wanna play in the Russian league where it's freezing cold all the time & it starts & finishes mid-way through everyone else's league.?? (i would for £85K each week)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts