Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why when we've just made an incredible comeback from 2-0 down to win 5-2 in a crucial game, do people still want to sit around and criticize Berbatov and other players? Have you people nothing better to do with your bitterness than slag players off, even when they've played well?

It's becoming a joke and I truly dread coming into the football forums on matchdays because the amount of crap I have to wade through to find decent posts is ridiculous.

I'd much rather come on here and see lots of praise for our players for a fantastic comeback when many had written us off, but instead there's always certain posters who would rather abuse players than join in the praise.

/rant

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
It's becoming a joke and I truly dread coming into the football forums on matchdays because the amount of crap I have to wade through to find decent posts is ridiculous.
Same. I've found that the Matchday threads have improved though.
None of the idiots post on it anymore.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same. I've found that the Matchday threads have improved though.
None of the idiots post on it anymore.
Disagree completely, the muppets were out in force today. Luckily I watched the match on the TV and was only on here for half time and after the game or I'd have gone mental :p

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,946 Posts
I don't dispute it. He was poor, but as I said earlier, he's a hit and miss player, and on another day he would have played like Lennon did.
Meh, I agree to an extent but I don't like those type of players (Inconsistent). That's always been my problem with Berba who (Although not quite to the extent of Nani) can be terrible for 89 minutes and produce a moment of magic in one.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I agree, after a fantastic result like that, especially coming from 2 goals behind, we should all be celebrating and praising the players and team. Not bickering about who was the worst on the pitch. And yes I was talking about individual players on the matchday thread but only to big them up against the slagging they were getting.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Why when we've just made an incredible comeback from 2-0 down to win 5-2 in a crucial game, do people still want to sit around and criticize Berbatov and other players? Have you people nothing better to do with your bitterness than slag players off, even when they've played well?

I'd much rather come on here and see lots of praise for our players for a fantastic comeback when many had written us off, but instead there's always certain posters who would rather abuse players than join in the praise.

/rant
Great Post.:thumbsup:

And there were loads of muppets on the matchday thread against Everton. The Portsmouth game was ok. Then today there was some other rubbish posted on the matchday thread again.

Lets stop being so negative and start being positive. Get behind the players.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
What I read from people constantly, but on matchdays especially, is how negative and bad certain players are, given what they did/didn't do. Tevez, Berba and Nani are the biggest targets, and it's sad, really, to see the ammount of garbage said about these 3, because people seem to forget that there's a reason why every player is on the squad.

There's people that keep expecting them to be savyors, and I don't get it... Everything they do, they do wrong, either it's missed passes, missed penalties or whatever, everything bad is exagerated beyond messure and all the good is dismissed as fluke.

Last year nani was an important part of the team's victories, this year he's played a lot less, and hasn't shown the same level as last year, and yet people expect him to perform every single time he's on the pitch.

Berba has had to compete for a spot a lot this year as well, there's tremendous pressure on him, seeing it's his 1st year and he cost a ton of cash.

Tevez isn't a United player, he's on loan, and pretty much everything points to United not paying what is asked of him, so naturally, he's also wavering.

Everyone of these players has confidence issues, it's hard to imagine what they hear and read, and how it affects them, yet that doesn't matter, because they're supposed to be robots for the 45 or 90 minutes that they're on the pitch, sometimes beeing boo'd by their own fans. Now that's encouraging to a player...

So keep at it, with the extremely important discussions of "this guy's *****", and "that guy sucks". I'm sure it's gonna matter a lot at the end of the season...

·
Registered
4,358 Posts

/rant

Because their pricks, that don't have a ******* clue. At half time I came on and the whole page was full of - Take off Ronaldo and shit like that. And as for the fans booing him today.... *******

·
Registered
11,207 Posts

/rant
I just avoid the matchday thread till it's over, IF we're losing.

As I said in that thread ALL our attackinf players were involved in our comeback. Ronaldo, Rooney, Berbatov AND Tevez.

All. It was one of the best comeback I've seen in recent years.

It is also probably the first time we've been in 4th gear all season (or at least one of the few times), so we should be looking at the upside.

I have faith our defence can get back to their usual best, so it was nice to see our attacking clicking in the second half.

I guess some people always need to prove their point, even if their point is moot or if they are wounded.

Having said that, sometimes when you criticize a player after a win, it leads to more discussion than if you had started it after a defeat. Critisicm after a defeat tends to be shot down, even if the observation is based on several games.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Probably because they know nothing about the game.

Like that random CROONEY bloke, calls Berbatov shít. I dispair.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
Nani is as inconsistent as Lennon's crossing - every now and again it'll be awesome but usually crap, still doesn't deserve half the stick he gets, plus it's the second season syndrome - so anyway give him one more year and THEN criticize him IF he plays badly all year (still needs a run in the team IMO), Berba played great and linked up well with Tev (SIGN HIM UP - why choose when we can have both!) so the berb defo did not deserve ANY criticism, PRAISE THE REST for 2nd half

1 - 20 of 56 Posts