Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - I'm gonna make a little conffesion that I've already made to some members over pm's and I would like also to ask you a question hoping that someone will provide me with the right answer...

Now , the last couple of weeks I've been playing a little game in order to see how people would react , just to see how there are obviously double standards on here. First to make something clear - I DON'T THINK BERBATOV'S CRAP, I DON'T HATE HIM AND I DON'T THINK HE'S A FLOP.

I think he hasn't shown his class yet , and I'm not sure if he would ever do that in our system but I'm not gettin' into this cos this is not another Berbatov thread.

What I'd like to know is how come if someone insults a player who was an integral part of our last season's success and how he was until the arrival of Berbatov a fans' favourite even on here, how come no one reacts to that in the same way people reacted at me when I was bashing the newcomer who is yet to prove he's worth all the money paid for his services?

How come when people call Tevez "crap,shit,headless chicken", no one jumps to his defense so aggressively like they do in Berbatov's case. Sure I was more aggressive in bashing Berbatov but only cos I was in a minority doing it (on here ) and I wanted to cause some reaction just to compare it to reaction that people who slate Tevez got. But if you take a close look you'd see I wasn't calling him any worse that Tevez has been called .

How come in that period of time I was called an idiot, a football ignorant and most importantly I was told that I have some problems with Bulgarians from a mod :eek:

for example - Tevez scored 4 goals in a single match and yet all the praise comes to "sign him he's good", and Berbatov makes a nice assist and there we have a new thread called "Berba's assist :eek:" where people threat him as if he's a good. Tevez scores 2 brilliant goals against Fulham and all he gets is -"he was good but Rooney was class" type of comments ( not literarly but you know...) - and if Berbatov scored those goals we'd still be hearing about it ...

I don't uderstand what has Tevez done wrong that makes people call him shit, overrated,headless chicken and get away with it , and what has Berba done to prove he deserves to be here, and that he deserves to be defended more than Tevez (forget about his spurs career - don't just tell me that people defend him cos he was good at spurs cos some might think that those are Berbatov's fans more than United fans then )...

That's why I was so aggressive in glorifiying Tevez and bashing Berbatov cos I think the things needs to be evened out a bit. Neither Berbatov is flop now he's been great, neither Tevez is crap or overrated

THANKS

I'm done for Berba subject for now

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
I was trying to make the things clear - not getting into another debate - I've already said how I was way exaggerating about Berbatov
Hmmm... maybe it has to do something with the fact that we have Rooney who is similar to Tevez and is also superior to the Argentine. Whereas Berbatov brings something different to he table.

Also, Berbatov is a United player. Tevez is not a United player yet. And his performances this season, along with the fact that we have Wayne Rooney doesn't help Tevez's situation either. The money being touted by the media is too much. I think most people here won't have a problem if we can get for around 10 million.

Okay, Berbatov's performances doesn't justify his price tag either, but the difference is that we've already bought him. There's nothing much you can do except hope that he'll start showing his undeniable class sooner rather than later. Whereas we haven't bought Tevez, so we have an option. We can let him go. Like I said before, the presence of a similar player and the amount of money required is against the Apache.

Edit: About the thread about Berba's assist, even you have to agree that the skill Berba showed was out of this world. You wont be seeing skills like that too often, it was magical. Although Tevez palyed brilliantly in the game he scored four goals, none of the goals were breathtaking.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm... maybe it has to do something with the fact that we have Rooney who is similar to Tevez and is also superior to the Argentine. Whereas Berbatov brings something different to he table.

Also, Berbatov is a United player. Tevez is not a United player yet. And his performances this season, along with the fact that we have Wayne Rooney doesn't help Tevez's situation either. The money being touted by the media is too much. I think most people here won't have a problem if we can get for around 10 million.

Okay, Berbatov's performances doesn't justify his price tag either, but the difference is that we've already bought him. There's nothing much you can do except hope that he'll start showing his undeniable class sooner rather than later. Whereas we haven't bought Tevez, so we have an option. We can let him go. Like I said before, the presence of a similar player and the amount of money required is against the Apache.

Edit: About the thread about Berba's assist, even you have to agree that the skill Berba showed was out of this world. You wont be seeing skills like that too often, it was magical. Although Tevez palyed brilliantly in the game he scored four goals, none of the goals were breathtaking.

hmmm...

interesting - but that doesn't describe why saying that Tevez is shit is okay to say on here . sure legaly he isn't united player but he is here now and he was hoping to stay up until recently

btw - only the fact that he scored 4 goals is "breathatking" , and the goal against Fulham was breathtaking too

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
The fact is that while Berbatov hasn't been what he was at
Spurs we all saw who he was and refuse to accept that he's
lost so much quality. Tevez hasn't showcased enough talent
to remain on the other hand.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Okay, Berbatov's performances doesn't justify his price tag either, but the difference is that we've already bought him. There's nothing much you can do except hope that he'll start showing his undeniable class sooner rather than later.
That says it all doesnt it ? Just because Tevez isnt a United player yet , everyone wants him out. But since we paid loads and lloads of cash for Berba its better to hope for the better ? So you ignore all of Berbas mistakes and errors since we've paid loads of money ? Rubbish.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
hmmm...

interesting - but doesn't respond why saying that Tevez is shit is nothing strange on here

btw - only the fact that he scored 4 goals is "breathatking" , and the goal against Fulham was breathtaking too
No Tevez isn't shit. But he isn't good for us either, due to the reasons I mentioned earlier. Perhaps he will do good in the La Liga.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Scoring 4 goals... deserves appreciation but what Tevez gets is .... not bad... etc etc and about the fulham game where tevez scored 2 superb goals.... all i heard was Rooney was better etc etc.... tevez is hardly appreciated and people are always on his back. Where as if berba makes a mistake it ignored ? Berba is selected and the reason is ... if youve paid 30 million for a striker you just have to play him?

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
That says it all doesnt it ? Just because Tevez isnt a United player yet , everyone wants him out. But since we paid loads and lloads of cash for Berba its better to hope for the better ? So you ignore all of Berbas mistakes and errors since we've paid loads of money ? Rubbish.
I never wanted Berbatov at United, especially for that price.

I didn't want him then and don't want him now but we can't
go back in time and not buy him.

Tevez isn't worth £30mil. either and I don't want us to spend
that kind of money for him either.

It's not like overpay for one player let's overpay for a second
player.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
No Tevez isn't shit. But he isn't good for us either, due to the reasons I mentioned earlier. Perhaps he will do good in the La Liga.
How could you make that conclusion ? He isnt good for us ? We need him. Linkup with rooney is excellent. Look - you put Tevez in any team he fits in and drags the team alongwith but Berba needs the whole team to adapt to him for his style of sulky play.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
There's no need to hope he will become a good player. We all know his class and we all know what he is capable of. We just have to wait.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I never wanted Berbatov at United, especially for that price.

I didn't want him then and don't want him now but we can't
go back in time and not buy him.

Tevez isn't worth £30mil. either and I don't want us to spend
that kind of money for him either.

It's not like overpay for one player let's overpay for a second
player.
Right.

Berba isnt worth 30 mil - no way and certainly Tevez also isnt.

But the 30 mil for tevez shown in papers is divided un to loan money etc etc,, i think and i read somewhere that it isnt 30 mil exactll. Maybe 15-17.

Overspending on players is never good.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Okay, Berbatov's performances doesn't justify his price tag either, but the difference is that we've already bought him. There's nothing much you can do except hope that he'll start showing his undeniable class sooner rather than later. Whereas we haven't bought Tevez, so we have an option.
There's no need to hope he will become a good player. We all know his class and we all know what he is capable of. We just have to wait.
:rtfm:

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Right.

Berba isnt worth 30 mil - no way and certainly Tevez also isnt.

But the 30 mil for tevez shown in papers is divided un to loan money etc etc,, i think and i read somewhere that it isnt 30 mil exactll. Maybe 15-17.

Overspending on players is never good.
It's said to be £20-24 mil. which is still too much.

What people keep on saying is "we spent £30mil. for Berba so
let's do so for Tevez", it's rubbish.

Also, Tevez is said to be going back to Boca Juniors while still
"in his prime".

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
:rtfm:

And stop half quoting me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.