Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah , what the title says ! They are safe now and are in premiership for another season ! So they have no inspiration...possibly for the last match wid us ! They can lose to us ! Yay ! for Wigan too !

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
This is never going to be easy because when teams play united they play out of there skin we are talking about the biggest scalp in world football to beat united and prevent them winning the league would put wigan on the map.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
marty davidson said:
hopefully they let us win like they have nothing to play for we have the league at stake

they cant do that the league would dock them of points they have to play to win

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
I doubt they're just going to lay down and die! :rolleyes:

We'll win but not whitewash them! :p

If we're 0-0 at 85 minutes, I'd say Fergie will walk up to Brucy and say something like....

"Stevie!.......Remember all the good times we had? Show how much they mean to you now mate! ;)"

:eek:

·
Registered
854 Posts
i am more worried after the result today. valencia is turning into a top player and they are not conceding many goals at all. this will be a tough game.

·
23,699 Posts
Forever_United said:
i reckon we'll have trouble tbh !
They are no pushover and could not even be defeated at Stamford Bridge. So we really do need to raise our game at their home ground if we want to get any result.

And please, no talk about resting players (again)....

P.S. Now that I am not off topic in this post, would you mind uncrossing your arms?! :rolleyes: Just kidding; nice bod. :) If you are so ripped in your shoulders and arms, I would assume you can't be too bad either in those 'unseen areas'.... or have I been mistaken? :D ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
versa said:
They are no pushover and could not even be defeated at Stamford Bridge. So we really do need to raise our game at their home ground if we want to get any result.

And please, no talk about resting players (again)....

P.S. Now that I am not off topic in this post, would you mind uncrossing your arms?! :rolleyes: Just kidding; nice bod. :) If you are so ripped in your shoulders and arms, I would assume you can't be too bad either in those 'unseen areas'.... or have I been mistaken? :D ;)
True , but would you have prefered to play them when they still needed a result to stay up? I've been pondering this one for a while and I don't know. Part of me says that it's better that they are staying up (eg - no fight , players will not be quite so up for it) another part of me worries that they will be more relaxed now and be so relieved because they are in the PL. It might have been better to face a tense Wigan who needed a win? What do you think?

·
23,699 Posts
desmondo said:
True , but would you have prefered to play them when they still needed a result to stay up? I've been pondering this one for a while and I don't know. Part of me says that it's better that they are staying up (eg - no fight , players will not be quite so up for it) another part of me worries that they will be more relaxed now and be so relieved because they are in the PL. It might have been better to face a tense Wigan who needed a win? What do you think?
I would still prefer to play a normal competitive team than to play an ultra competitive team that need a result badly.

Think West Ham game at OT last season. Yes, we may have sealed the title then already but they still gave their all to beat us at home, assuming we do have the pride not wanting to lose in front of our own fans in the final game of the season too.

So unless Chelski lose tomorrow, we still need to get a result at Wigan. And a relieved Wigan can't be worse than an anxious Wigan.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
wigan is a decent side, with good organisation under bruce. there will be no easy games. however, the team will know that they are playing for a win, a win that will bring them a premier league title. play our strongest team, treat the match as a final, we will have no problem coming home with a result.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
we will have trouble...no team wil like to lose in the final game....they would like to leave with a good result.....so they won just sit back and give us the game!!!!
it will be tough....juts hope newcastle takes a little pressure off us by winning agianst chelsea!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
futbol said:
Yeah , what the title says ! They are safe now and are in premiership for another season ! So they have no inspiration...possibly for the last match wid us ! They can lose to us ! Yay ! for Wigan too !

HURRAH!
Three cheers for Wigan!
Now that we know they'll show mercy to us we can sleep well...

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
marty davidson said:
hopefully they let us win like they have nothing to play for we have the league at stake
Yes... thats my point ! They have nothin to play for.... hopefully they will have too much celebration and it will get to them !

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
moondog said:
All I can say is goooooo Newcastle! :D
:p

Wigan won't just let us win.

It will be a very difficult game and we really need to play well.

Steve Bruce's teams are usually hard to beat

Not only that, but they have very good players and will want to end the season on a high :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts