Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Important game for the scousers. I hope pressure gets to them and they don't win again and Wigan plays a memorable game against them. So good luck Latics. For everyone that wants to watch this game it's on www.zulu.mk/live/a1 19 45

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
This game is a 100% home win. I don't see scousers even getting a point. Wigan are a strong team and they are playing are home. Liverpool are under pressure and they made so many wrong steps so far against team like Wigan and even weaker.

My prediction: Wigan 3-1 Liverpool

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
This could be a good game. Wigan were unlucky to lose 3-2 at Anfield and Liverpool have been inconsistent recently. When the Scousers put 5 past Newcastle at St James' Park the cries of 'this is our year' became louder but since then they've only beaten Preston and drawn against Stoke and Everton (twice).

Without Heskey and Palacios Wigan aren't the same team and it'll be interesting to see how they cope without them. Pairing the 2 Egyptians (Mido & Zaki) up front could have been a masterstroke by Bruce though. We'll see.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Obviously I hope Wigan come away with at least a point, but TBH, I don't really care - I think we can look after ourselves for the rest of the season - good luck Wigan though, they are having a really good season, and then the cherry pickers come along and take all their best players - handsome profit though !!!!!!

COME ON BRUCEY !!!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Steve Bruce 90's rock for United with Pallister and he will have his team firing on all 4 tonite and after the match he'll be waiting
for the text from fergie post match to congratulate him. lol

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Pali getting us a good draw in the cup and bruce sticking it to the scousers. has a nice ring to it. but i think liverpool will up their game for this one

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think this is another draw for the scouse pressure is on after united's result last night and as usual they'll cave under pressure, chelsea will beat them at anfield the weekend, liverpoo are in a false position all season how can they expect to win a league title with benayoun lucas arbeloa aurelio skrtel keane and the rest of the flops there

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
reddwarf said:
...Without Heskey and Palacios Wigan aren't the same team and it'll be interesting to see how they cope without them...
Yeah, would have been nice to have them for this one. I still smell a draw tho...

·
Registered
31 Posts
All you need to do when you play against Liverpool is the following:
Mark Jail-bird & Torres out the game and it's a cert liverpool wont win.

I will ask a more serious question about 2night's game tho, How many times will Jamie "hoof" Carragher hoof the ball up the park 2night to Torres? I will predict 26!!

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
I'm just going to assume the bin dippers win, that way if anything else happens it will be all that bit better.

Don't forget Chelsea play aswell.

But i'll watch the Scousers i think.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I can see Wigan getting something. But I can also see Liverpool getting a late goal to equalise/win it, but hopefully the first happens.

Any points Wigan take off the Poo will be a massive bonus for us.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Confirmed Team.

Reina, Arbeloa, Carragher, Skrtel, Aurelio, Benayoun, Lucas, Mascherano, Babel, Gerrard, Torres.

Subs: Cavalieri, Dossena, Agger, Keane, Alonso, Riera, Kuyt.

Wigan mostly unchanged but draft in Di Ridder for Palacios and Mido for Heskey.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Line ups

Wigan: Pollitt, Melchiot, Boyce, Scharner, Figueroa, Re Ridder, Brown, Cattermole, Taylor, Zaki, Mido {Subs} Kingson, Edman, Watson, Koumas, Rodallega, Kapo, Camara

Liverpool: Reina, Arbeloa, Skrtel, Carragher, Aurelio, Benayoun, Lucas, Maschernao, Babel, Gerrard, Torres {Subs} Cavalieri, Dossena, Agger, Keane, Riera, Kuyt, Alonso

1 - 20 of 127 Posts