Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many fans have been wondering will fergie be able to keep all his star happy with the squad rotation . Players like park and fletcher seeing little action this season add to that pique and saha will fergie decide to cash in in the summer lets hear your opinions on the squad and where it may change in the future .

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Saha probably will if anyone wants him. Depends if we can get in replacements.

Pique is still young.

O'Shea knows he is a squad player and accepts it.

Same with Park.

May see one or two changes if there is a lot of money involved. Not like Gill and his bumchums from the US of A will turn down money, eh?

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stephen said:
Saha probably will if anyone wants him. Depends if we can get in replacements.

Pique is still young.

O'Shea knows he is a squad player and accepts it.

Same with Park.

May see one or two changes if there is a lot of money involved. Not like Gill and his bumchums from the US of A will turn down money, eh?
fair enough have your opinion mate but when have they ever excepted any money for a player yet they aint i dont like em but they have give us money and brought in some good players with there cash

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
to keep a team successful you need to offload a few fringe players or players whose performances have dipped every season in my opinion.this keeps everybody on their toes you obviously add some quality aswell to keep the pot boiling,about 3 or 4 seasons ago this never happened and the team looked poor this coincided with chelsea's dominance.
possible leavers - saha {injury prone},dong {not good enough},brown {not sign contract},park,fletcher,o shea{want more games},scholes,giggs{age has caught up with the great men}. i think 4 of this bunch will go in the summer.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
fletcher, park if they need regular football
brown if he does not sign the contract till summer
saha if fergie runs out of patience with him
simpson, evans, pique, campell, eagles if fergie cannot convince them that they are part of the future

i am only listing out the possibilities, so dun start shooting me for pointing out so many candidates

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
yangch0000 said:
fletcher, park if they need regular football
brown if he does not sign the contract till summer
saha if fergie runs out of patience with him
simpson, evans, pique, campell, eagles if fergie cannot convince them that they are part of the future

i am only listing out the possibilities, so dun start shooting me for pointing out so many candidates
Simpson, Pique, Evans, Campbell all are young players who will be given chances from Fergie. Need to impress him though.

Fletcher was heavily linked with re-joining up with Mcleish at Birmingham in January, so I wouldn't be suprised if that got resurfaced.

Park will stay just for selling shirts tbh. Good squad player to have.

I only shot down the last guy because he was suggesting that Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes should be f***ed out of United for being too old.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Stephen said:
Scholes, Giggs?

Are you mad?
my thoughts also. giggs has at least 2 more seasons in him. scholes maybe one but both experience cant do without

Stephen said:
Simpson, Pique, Evans, Campbell all are young players who will be given chances from Fergie. Need to impress him though.

Fletcher was heavily linked with re-joining up with Mcleish at Birmingham in January, so I wouldn't be suprised if that got resurfaced.

Park will stay just for selling shirts tbh. Good squad player to have.

I only shot down the last guy because he was suggesting that Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes should be f***ed out of United for being too old.
park........sell shirts????? wtf

·
Registered
488 Posts
sweet fa said:
to keep a team successful you need to offload a few fringe players or players whose performances have dipped every season in my opinion.this keeps everybody on their toes you obviously add some quality aswell to keep the pot boiling,about 3 or 4 seasons ago this never happened and the team looked poor this coincided with chelsea's dominance.
possible leavers - saha {injury prone},dong {not good enough},brown {not sign contract},park,fletcher,o shea{want more games},scholes,giggs{age has caught up with the great men}. i think 4 of this bunch will go in the summer.
Selling these players probably is only enough for a world class player, which will minimise the squad... And also by doing this, it may lead to little rotation for SAF to rest players for key matches... So in my case I see 2 out and 1 in... Probably Saha, Mr Injury Prone and Fletcher or Brown, many clubs are looking forward to sign them... Dong and Park if anyone wants them?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i think saha and park may go....but pique,fletcher and o'shea may not...
pique is still young........fletcher unless we get a good offer wont be sold IMO
and o'shea,as stephen told is a squad player....

·
Registered
248 Posts
antdevil78 said:
All the koreans buy em, there's hundreds of em at games! lol.

I think nevilles a possibility, because we already know fergie's looking for a right back.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Neville will never leave United, until he retires. Same with Ryan Giggs.

Paul Scholes will go to Oldham in a few seasons.

antdevil78 said:
my thoughts also. giggs has at least 2 more seasons in him. scholes maybe one but both experience cant do without

Giggs doesn't have any full seasons left in him to be fair to the legend. He's better coming off the bench. He's just a squad player now. 1 or 2 sesons then he'll retire, or go into coaching.

Scholes has another 5 years in him. However, he has revealed when he feels he has given his all for United and can't do anymore, he wants to move to Oldham Athletic.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Fletcher has a decision to make this summer. There is a lot of competition in midfield and he has not had many 1st team opportunities this season but I think Fergie will want to keep hold of him.

Saha has to go surely? He's barely played for the last season and a half. I don't think we'll get that much for him but I think we'll be bringing in a striker in the summer anyway and hopefully Manucho will settle in quickly.

Apart from Brown, who could leave for free, the only other players I can see leaving are the youth and reserve team players who Fergie doesn't believe have a future at the club.

·
23,699 Posts
Ronaldo7 said:
All the koreans buy em, there's hundreds of em at games! lol.

I think nevilles a possibility, because we already know fergie's looking for a right back.
Ditto. A Korean friend, who is NOT a football fan at all, surprised me by asking me about Park the other day. Apparently, Koreans are very nationalistic and show great interest in any of their nationals plying their trade overseas and doing the nation proud; even if they are not a fan of that particular sport. Thus, commercially at least, it is indeed viable and lucrative.

Although I am abstaining from speculating on who will be leaving, I do know one manager will always be in line for any of our players put up for sale by Fergie. It has to be none other than our former irreplaceable captain who took our Richardson off our books plus many former United players. :D ;)

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Fletcher
Saha- I like the guy, but he iss injured all the dammed time. We need some1 reliable
Dong- He's not done anything worthy of playing for us.
We've got Manucho coming in the summer, and we'll sign a new striker on top of that we've got youngsters like Danny Wellbeck coming up who is more deserving.
Brown- If he doesn't sign, he can go

The thing with Pique is, he said he is willing to wait, but with all the rumours that clubs like Juventus are going to make an offer for him, if that does happen, he'd probably want to go.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Sorry, but who would take neville after the year he's had? Besides, one of the main reasons I am so proud of United and SAF is the loyalty (unless you cross him!)...so giggs, scholes and neville are here to the end...unless they decide they want to go.

Saha's gone, even if SAF has to give him away...

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its looking increasingly like j s park may move on he doesnt seem to be gettin any action and i cant see him being happy not even het sub appernces .

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
My guessing is Saha and maybe Carrick since there's been so many rumours around him with him going to Newcastle.
We may lose out on Wes as well but wont get anything for him.
We dont know yet if we got any Rossi, Smith or Henize left in the squad who wants to go to play elsewhere after winning a 2nd title in a row.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts