Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Neville is getting on, and is seemingly more injury prone than ever before, and despite his unquestionable influence and ability, we need to start thinking about who his possible replacement could be. Brown, O Shea? I hope not. They are squad players, at best, and I can't see them being Neville's long-term replacement.
Danny Simpson looks promising, but I'm not too convinced he will become good enough to hold down a regular first team slot. Opinions?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Not Danny Simpson, Don't think he's good enough. We'll need to buy a new one but Brown's doing excellent for now.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Simmo has the potential to make it thats for sure.
Whether he does or not remains to be seen.
Wes is doing a fine job this season in one of Europe's
meanest defences. Neville will be back anyway imo
and will still have much to offer. No one should count our
captain out just yet. Simpson needs to get more games
and experience sooner rather than later so if Wes gets
his contract sorted and Neville comes back into things
then Simpson will have to go on loan I reckon.
If he proves himself and we need him then
he has every chance to become a great full back.
Oh yeah and there are those Brazilian twins as well.....
he has his work cut out thats for sure.
Good luck to him, he seems to be a confident player
with a winning mentality.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
yeh them brizilians are ment to be the buisness . But i think we missed the boat on alex hutten looks the part to me .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Don't think he will !! If you watch closely the team never really trust him with the ball !!! Anyone who went to the Everton game at OT will agree.... Reminds me a bit of Chadwick, different position but the same pattern !!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i want him to
i believe he can as well
but he wont
if he does get sent out on loan i don't see him coming back
and even if he did he wouldn't get the 1st team matches that he wanted

·
Registered
5 Posts
simpson is a team player and hardworking but i think he lacks the talent to become a n exceptionally good full back, tha same as o shea and brown, o shea is quite ordinary and brown seem to leave space behind him, if not of vidic and f5 closing down often, our right defensive slot will be exposed often. Look for some really good right back in the market as that seems to be the weakest position in the squad.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I thought Simpson had a great chance until his shocking display against Everton at OT in December. It really was a dreadful performance - nothing seemed to go right for him and he was rightly taken off at half-time.

Fergie seemed to have a lot of faith in Simpson...but that also seemed to be the case with Bardsley who was given his chance in the 1st team.

In truth, I'm totally undecided as to whether this kid has got what it takes to make it at United.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
i think he's probably the best player to come out of our youth ranks for a good while!!

really like and hope he does make, nice guy too!!

·
23,699 Posts
Thought I saw or sensed something in him that augers well for the future. Unfortunately, had no chance to see him again since....

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Rio Ferdinand is key to Simpsons development.

He is talking to him all the time when Simpson is playing. Giving him the confidence.

Simpson needs to be given games. He has masses of potentional.

He's played a handful of games. He's been written off :rolleyes:

N

·
0 Posts
Fabio is pretty good i heard, at least from football manager, he becomes a "wonderkid" lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
Danny simpson

Danny simpson today joined ipswich town on loan untill the end of the season...
Do you think he has a bright future ahead of him at UNited ??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts