Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure you've all heard of the pattern that has developed over the last eight years between the Premiership and La Liga. When Madrid win, we win. When Barca win, Chelsea win. When Valencia win, Arsenal win. Weird huh?

Well it looks like it's going to be broken. We're 6 points clear with 4 games to play and Barca are now 7 points clear with 4 games to play.

2008/2009 Manchester United/Barcelona?
2007/2008 Manchester United/Real Madrid
2006/2007 Manchester United/Real Madrid
2005/2006 Chelsea/Barcelona
2004/2005 Chelsea/Barcelona
2003/2004 Arsenal/Valencia
2002/2003 Manchester United/Real Madrid
2001/2002 Arsenal/Valencia
2000/2001 Manchester United/Real Madrid

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Yeah was thinking about this i think a couple of years ago it was the same with the German league im not sure which team won but whoever won it was the same year after year like that pattern!kinda weird but yeah its going to be broken but the pattern of us winning the Champions league and Premiership is just begging ;):p

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
on full time my cousin looked at me today and said "chelsea are gonna win the league" and i remembered hearing something to this tune, but after today's win i'm pretty sure i can say it will be broken.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
on full time my cousin looked at me today and said "chelsea are gonna win the league" and i remembered hearing something to this tune, but after today's win i'm pretty sure i can say it will be broken.
? :confused:

Is there a joke in this post I'm not getting?

Seriously...either this is totally going over my head or your cousin is having a laugh. United are a draw and a win from knocking Chelsea out of the race...

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Wow thanks for posting that Zuco I hadn't considered that before.

I think more than anything is shows the way cycles of power change in football at the top at a similar rate.

I do think it will be broken this season though, quite obviously, and it will be good for football that the teams that play the most pleasing football for the fans are dominating.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I ******* hate Barcelona. I really wish Real could have pulled it out. Oh well.

"Piazza, how can you hope Real Madrid win?!?! :fyou:"

That's simple imaginary person who refers to me in 3rd person, they aren't guilty of anything that we aren't guilty of. The only difference is, we got our man. That, and **** Barca.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Yeah it's always being an interesting Stat, that when we win the League, Real Madrid also win.

But i'm nearly sure that pattern will be broken this season.

It looks like United and Barca for the League Titles.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I ******* hate Barcelona. I really wish Real could have pulled it out. Oh well.

"Piazza, how can you hope Real Madrid win?!?! :fyou:"

That's simple imaginary person who refers to me in 3rd person, they aren't guilty of anything that we aren't guilty of. The only difference is, we got our man. That, and **** Barca.
We don't publically tap up players, right infront of the media. We don't get pictures of the player we want and stick it on a Madrid shirt and pretend its the real thing. We don't make up false strories about players. We don't get our players to get involved in the tapping up process.

Every big club taps up, however Madrid are the only ones who are arrogant enough to do it right infront of the media. They cross the line.

We don't match fix. We have never sold players on loan for just 1 game to our rivals opponents. We have never had opposing players beaten up just before they play us. We have never sent death threats to referees.

**** Franco FC.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
We don't publically tap up players, right infront of the media. We don't get pictures of the player we want and stick it on a Madrid shirt and pretend its the real thing. We don't make up false strories about players. We don't get our players to get involved in the tapping up process.

Every big club taps up, however Madrid are the only ones who are arrogant enough to do it right infront of the media. They cross the line.

We don't match fix. We have never sold players on loan for just 1 game to our rivals opponents. We have never had opposing players beaten up just before they play us. We have never sent death threats to referees.

**** Franco FC.
We do tap up players. We've publically courted Hargreaves for an entire season before he joined us.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.