Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing that there's a thread on whether Anderson will open his accounts for United by this season, does anybody here thinks that Vida is due another goal too? Compared to last season where he netted 3 times'; albeit crucial strikes in our cruise to the title, he has only a single goal to his name this campaign. I could actually see him adding another one against Barca, considering that they aren't great at defending set-pieces and I think it's far more likely that the match will be won by a set-piece move rather than from open play. Your thoughts? :cool:

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i missed his goals this season..i always stressed that vidic was the one who contributes a lot and i was disapointed when he didnt score at all (i didnt knw he had scored!! :eek: )
he was always good at set pieces and i hope he gets his goalscoring head on target now onwards ;)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
i think set pieces against barcelona in the first leg would be quite important. without puyol in the middle, we might well take advantage of it, and vidic would sure be a major threat. i wont bet against him scoring.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Yeah he could score anytime really...I hope he does...he and any defender can score from a set piece any game so yeah

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
red_devils4life said:
Seeing that there's a thread on whether Anderson will open his accounts for United by this season, does anybody here thinks that Vida is due another goal too? Compared to last season where he netted 3 times'; albeit crucial strikes in our cruise to the title, he has only a single goal to his name this campaign. I could actually see him adding another one against Barca, considering that they aren't great at defending set-pieces and I think it's far more likely that the match will be won by a set-piece move rather than from open play. Your thoughts? :cool:
last season \he scored 4 ;)
and he will score cuz evrey match he shoot a good header
and he is better goalscorer than ferdin and ferdinand scored 3 times so i bet that vida will score:)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
we'll be involved in tight games from now till the end of the season, there wont be many chances, and the likes of Wayne and Ronaldo are gonna be marked tightly. I always fancy Vidic for a header at a set piece! lets hope its one of the big games!!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
abojodeh said:
last season \he scored 4 ;)
and he will score cuz evrey match he shoot a good header
and he is better goalscorer than ferdin and ferdinand scored 3 times so i bet that vida will score:)
Yeah, thanks for corrections abo. :) And here's a compilation of all Vida's goal in his whole career as a United player:

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Im looking into my magic carlsberg can vidic will score at a ground in a city that begins with the letter 'M' i wonder where that will be

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I think he'll score at least another one.

But the goals from defence have dried up a bit this season. With the quality of Rio and, especially, Vidic in the air, Not forgetting Evras quality runs forward, I would expect more. Pique has a couple mind you.

And I totally agree. Set-pieces are not one of Barcelona's strengths, and especially with Puyol missing they'll be even weaker. So I would think set-pieces could be vitally important.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'm suprised that Vida has only managed one this season so far. With his dominance in the air you would have thought he could be netting a fair few each season.

Don't quote me on this one but at one of his former clubs, it may have been the one before he joined United, he was averaging a goal every 7 games, which would be great if he could manage something like that at United.

When I look at Lescott with 9 this season, and players like Gallas and Scharner finding the net quite often, I often wonder why Vida isn't scoring as many as they do. Bit of a strange one that.

Although in Vida's defence, our corners at times can be shocking :mad:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
I'm surprised Vidic has only scored one - but it was a vital goal away at Goodison. Perhaps it says more about our quality of delivery from set pieces than it does about Vidic?

Does anyone have the figures on how many goals we've scored from corners this season?

I can only remember a few.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts