Manchester United Talk banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Moyes suffers midfielder setback as Carvalho won’t join Manchester United in January

Sporting Lisbon have ruled out the possibility of letting any players leave in January in order to help their title charge in Portugal.

For the first time in nine years, Sporting are in first place in the league and they have no intention of letting any players leave unless a ‘ridiculous offer’ is made.

The news will be a blow to David Moyes as he has been sending scouts to watch Carvalho since October and would have been thoroughly impressed by his progression all the way to being one of Sporting’s most highly rated talents.

However, Sporting decided that there will be no sales in January and that they will continue to fight for the title.

“The club is leading the division for the first time in nine years and we are determined to fight for the title.

“Only if a ridiculous offer is put in for a player will it be studied.”

If Sporting had absolutely no intention of selling Carvalho, why would they mention that a ‘ridiculous offer’ would be studied? They want to sell at the best price to help their financial troubles. Bruno de Carvalho’s words sound hollow.

The progress of 21-year-old Carvalho from first team fringe player to a guaranteed starter when fit who has since gone on to make his international debut is phenomenal in such a short space of time, something which has contributed to him being one of the most coveted young talents in Europe.

Whether he will join in January remains to be seen but it unlikely that Bruno de Carvalho’s statement will put Moyes off chasing his man if he wants him.

source: http://thepeoplesperson.com/moyes-suffers-midfielder-setback-as-carvalho-wont-join-manchester-united-in-january/

say goodbye?
I've said it a few times already, our financial situation is not as dire as everyone seems to think. We've cut a lot on our spending, we renegotiated our debt, and we're in a much better position than we were. That means we no longer have to accept bargain, borderline ridiculous offers for our players. It doesn't, however, mean that we can refuse all offers. Nevertheless, the impact that a mid season sale has on a squad that's motivated, winning and starting to come together is very bad.
The January market is very tricky. A lot of clubs want to make adjustments, fix problems, but no one really wants to lose key pieces of their squad. And that's what our president is saying. If you want him now, be prepared to spend money, because we don't want to lose him.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've seen Carvalho a couple of times this season and he's great at breaking up attacks. He is rather slow though. He's big, and he moves around like he's big. If you guys moan about Fellaini's speed, you will complain about Carvalho's speed. He can distribute and I think he plays more forward passes than Fellaini (albeit slightly).

·
Rustling & Hustling
8,029 Posts
Fuck sake don't need a player to break up the play. That's suppose to be Fellaini's job.

Need a workhorse, more a Strootman or Schneiderlin that is in the Fletcher/Jones type mould.

·
The Chosen Juan
4,690 Posts
f**k sake don't need a player to break up the play. That's suppose to be Fellaini's job.

Need a workhorse, more a Strootman or Schneiderlin that is in the Fletcher/Jones type mould.
Fellaini is shit at his job then. As I said in the Guarin thread, we shouldn't be targeting just one midfielder. William doesn't look like a Fletcher or Jones anyway, he reminds me of Capoue. Tall, midfield general who can start attacks from deep...I don't agree with the guy up there who said he's slow like Fellaini either.

This kid is decent, has a lot of potential and as long as his club don't take liberties with the transfer fee we should make a move for him.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts