Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at the 85th minute, the score is still tied at stamford bridge. are you happy with a draw or you will still go for the win, risking the prospect of a loss?

remember we still have one game in hand, a draw might not be the worst result.

i just want to know what you guys think. be rational....

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
If we get to the 80th minute and we're level, I say take what we've got...before
though, we must go for it TBH.

I'd take the point now though...

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
nobdy an win at stramford biridge
the last one tried was tottenham in 2006/2007 they banged two goals then chilski got the score back :|

even if we score seven goals before chelsea they will get a draw :p

i will be very happy with a draw

·
Registered
162 Posts
Surely weve got to go for the win though. The loss to Liverpool broke my heart enough. Lets be positive and go for the win. 1-0 to us. Thats reasonable dont you think?

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
We are the greatest team in the world, we must show them that even in the last 10 second left we are dangerous and we are fighting for a win or a goal.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Oh no... one of those questions where you have to decide whether to use the heart or your head.

Heart says go for the win. Head says take the draw. We didn't have a good start so a win against Chelsea would give us a boost..... then again ahem ... it would show the players they can beat the top teams and might slump again when playing the lesser teams, so i'd take the draw.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Playing for a draw is always dangerous imo, once you settle into that frame of mind its hard to come back if the worst happens and the other team score..... and its about time we put an end to this myth that nobody can go to Chelsea and win.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Go for the jugular!! :) If we're level after 85 then i wouldn't change anyway we're
playin. If we've been attacking then i say we stay attacking. The worst thing we
can do is to sit back protecting a draw and invite chelsea on to us. That wil spell
disaster IMO. So i'd say no mindset of taking a draw, stay going for the win till the
end!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
generally we should be goin for a win but if we are level with a few minutes to go just gotta keep things steady n tight at the back n hold on for the draw...if you get a golden chance come up in the lat few mins gotta still go for it though.....united have NEVER been a team (even in the 70's n 80's) who turn up anywhere and just go for the draw!!

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
A draw is a magnificent result at the bridge.

Anyone expecting a win there hasn't got a clue.

I expect to get beaten tbh. Chelsea playing well, us playing crap. Chelsea should outplay us.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Stephen said:
A draw is a magnificent result at the bridge.

Anyone expecting a win there hasn't got a clue.

I expect to get beaten tbh. Chelsea playing well, us playing crap. Chelsea should outplay us.
Id tend to agree here.Id take a draw now if it was offered.
Ive a feeling it wil be 1-1 or 2-1 to Chelsea :(

Regarding the thread's question...it all depends on how the first 80 mins have gone.
If Chelsea have battered us for the whole game and its still 0-0 after 85 mins then
we should try to hold out for the draw.
If we have been on top and Chelsea look to be struggling, then we should go on
and try and win it, without leaving too many gaos at the back and going all kamikaze on it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts