Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think Tottenham will beat Watford tonight therefore Blackburn are our only remaining serious challengers for the trophy. No disrespect to Burnley, Derby and Watford but we really should win it from here.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
What a lurker! You signed up in June and have made 2 posts ;)

Welcome aboard and we'll probably merge this thread at some point, but YES.
There is a very big, realistic chance of winning this trophy this year and we can even afford to start with 2 or 3 youngsters and win it.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I think Watford will struggle to beat Spurs tbh.

Spurs are the holders and are looking good under Redknapp. They'll want to make a good defence of their trophy and Redknapp knows this could be his best chance of winning a trophy this season.

If we beat Blackburn tonight though then a United v Spurs final could well be on the cards and I would love to see that.

·
HODOR!
7,033 Posts
Well it doesn't garuentee it but makes it all the more possibly but you never know with football

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RedForceRising said:
What a lurker! You signed up in June and have made 2 posts ;)

Welcome aboard and we'll probably merge this thread at some point, but YES.
There is a very big, realistic chance of winning this trophy this year and we can even afford to start with 2 or 3 youngsters and win it.
forgot I had this account sorry

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
reddwarf said:
I think Watford will struggle to beat Spurs tbh.

Spurs are the holders and are looking good under Redknapp. They'll want to make a good defence of their trophy and Redknapp knows this could be his best chance of winning a trophy this season.

If we beat Blackburn tonight though then a United v Spurs final could well be on the cards and I would love to see that.
IF we beat Blackburn ,

The Teams for the semis are Derby , Watford/Spurs , Burnley

What if we get Derby or Burnley . Bad draw acc to me

·
Banned
165 Posts
We can surely win the carling cup if our player are moitivated enough to fight all the teams.

We have 53 cups in total and loserpool 59 we need to get over them !

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
i think spurs will reclaim this comp. fergie wont field the first team and i dont think he should either. i mean sure dream of the quad the more the better but to keep this football club the best in the world the highest priority is the concern. so keep fielding the youngers and see how they do

but i honestly think this comp has spurs written all over it. if we do win tonight spurs will do us in the final or the semis

·
Registered
177 Posts
yup..our youngsters are good enough to beat any of those teams except tottenham..this trophy might not be a priority but it's always good to win something for the fans rite?

·
Registered
46 Posts
SAF was bemoaning to the press this week that because "unfortunately" Utd were still in the Carling Cup he hadnt been able to use the spare midweek slot to fit in the game in hand v Fulham.

Knowing we will have further congestion to catch up with after the trip to Tokyo makes me wonder how seriously SAF will take the game tonight, especially as getting to the semi will mean a 2 legged affair!

That said, I hope he does go for it, and then march on in 2009 with the quadrupple in sights. What a way for him to bow out that would be!!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
It aint over till the fat lady sings.
My thoughts entirely.

I think if we get past Blackburn, we'll have a great chance. But nothing is for sure, and we could easily get put out of the comp by an upset. But tbh, this is the least important trophy we'll be playing in, and I wouldn't exactly cry myself to sleep if we didn't win it.

But couldn't we just talk about this after the Blackburn game if we get through? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
we do have a good chance of winning this ifspurs lose....hopefully they will and if we win against b'burn then we can field a weaker side against the likes of burnley/derby/watford....

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Spurs are our main worries here, they have a big squad so they can send out Campbell, Gunter, O Hara and Co. and that is their so called weakend side but it still will be enough to see off Watford!
And Spurs wont give up their Crown to easy either so i will be shocked to see anybody but a Manc V Spurs final.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
Spurs are our main worries here, they have a big squad so they can send out Campbell, Gunter, O Hara and Co. and that is their so called weakend side but it still will be enough to see off Watford!
And Spurs wont give up their Crown to easy either so i will be shocked to see anybody but a Manc V Spurs final.

It would be a shame for campbell if we went all the way and got spurs in the final as he wont be able to play . That said I hope spurs are beaten so it doesnt happen.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts