Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a one game final, it is often how relaxed players are that can make the difference.

There will be a virtual mountain of pressure on United heading into Moscow, being one win away from a trophy that SAF covets so much. Chelski however, having never one a European title, may have even more.

Going in to the final with the EPL trophy already in the case would significantly
reduce the pressure on United, at the same time increasing Chelski's - who would be looking at a trophy-less campaign.

As a result, winning the next two PL games will be critical to position us for Moscow with confidence and free us to play the kind of football that we all love.

Football with which Chelski will not be able to cope. :D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
we cant afford to throw away the league title now, and winning the champions league is the only way to erase the painful memories of the losses to citeh, especially the home loss....it still hurts mentioning it.....
the pressure will always be on....

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
hmmm chelski will face pressure from abramovich. he's russian, and of course he would want chelsea to win their first ever CL in his homeland. if united does win the PL, they will be psychological ahead, since we pipped chelsea to the title. well, abramovich would not want to end the season trophyless. remember, chelsea still won the fa cup last season. if they lost the CL final, he would be pissed. losing at the carling cup final and CL final. grant would also face lots of pressure, he knows he have to win a trophy to keep his job, and when he gets nervous, he would make all the wroing substituitions again. :D

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
On MUTV last night Ray Wilkins said that he thinks Man United will win the Premier League and Chelsea will win the Champions League.

Last season winning the Premier League didn't help us win the FA Cup Final and in the Champions League Final the stakes are even higher.

We have a better squad and have already beaten Chelsea once this season. The game at Stamford Bridge was close and showed that mistakes will be punished (Carvalho and Carrick will surely agree) but we were not at full strength.

I honestly believe that our top 18 players are slightly better than Chelsea's but it will take 90 minutes of concentration and perhaps a bit of luck to win it.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Great chance to put the pressure on chelski early saturday morning , by the time they play the geordies hope the pressure has really intensified

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
moondog said:
In a one game final, it is often how relaxed players are that can make the difference.

There will be a virtual mountain of pressure on United heading into Moscow, being one win away from a trophy that SAF covets so much. Chelski however, having never one a European title, may have even more.

Going in to the final with the EPL trophy already in the case would significantly
reduce the pressure on United, at the same time increasing Chelski's - who would be looking at a trophy-less campaign.

As a result, winning the next two PL games will be critical to position us for Moscow with confidence and free us to play the kind of football that we all love.

Football with which Chelski will not be able to cope. :D
I agree 100% with that statement. I'm not going to post anymore! ;)

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
when you have one in the bag already the pressure lessens , when you have lost one the pressure doubles to make amends

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
stretty said:
when you have one in the bag already the pressure lessens , when you have lost one the pressure doubles to make amends
I suppose.

I forgot that Chelsea already had the League Cup in the bag last season so even if they'd lost the FA Cup Final they wouldn't have ended the season like Liverpool - potless :D

This season it could be all or nothing :eek:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
its more important to win the league in my opinion and whoever wins the league will have a big advantage going to moscow , you saw what happened in 95 when blackburn pipped us to the title then everton beat us in the fa cup final.
lets get this league won then leave chelsea to worry about moscow and a possible potless season.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts