Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A young mother has died after giving birth to twins, amid claims that she had refused a blood transfusion because of her faith. Jehovah's Witness Emma Gough, 22, from Telford, Shropshire, gave birth on 25 October.

The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital said an internal review into the case would take place. Family friend Terry Lovejoy said: "They are going through an immense amount of turmoil and grief." He added: "We follow the Bible and abstain from blood and I've got no reason to believe that Emma didn't share those views." The twins, a boy and a girl, are healthy and being cared for by their father, Anthony Gough, 24.

FULL STORY

This stupid and pathetic excuse for a human being has left two babies motherless. Now, if an old lady in the next bad was suffering from a painful cancer and was obviously in dire need of relief, and begged for death, the same doctors would tell her to do one.

Its about time religion was removed as an excuse from all statute books and banned from the face of this planet. Those poor kids, no mum and all because of the brainwashing of these murderers in frocks.

·
Registered
414 Posts
harsh but uv put ur point across well man, she dies needlessly, its a need for faith in somethin is what religion is, to me, not that I'm religious or follow a religion

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
andycole9 said:
well said RD, religon is the root of all evil
agree.but every single death is sad especially whan it can be stoped.
and yes,religion is a root of all evil-I see that every single day in front of my nose!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Freedom of choice anyone....????

In theory and in an ideal world RD of course is correct in some of his views but sadly religion has corrupted the minds of many people and makes them act in strange ways..

However religion gives billions of people meaning in their life and is where we gain our morals.....It will never be banned.....lmao...

It's a sad case but it happens all the time and far worse crimes are committed by non-religious people.......

The world is a cruel and strange place...

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
That's just plain selfish of her, really. We as a race are too insecure, hence why these people end up brainwashed in all this unbelievably contradicting, unlogical religious beliefs.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
The odd thing is, if she was religious, she would have taken into consideration that her two children would be without a mother. I see no reason why she should have done that. You have the choice to die, or to live and care for your children...

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Grif SA said:
The odd thing is, if she was religious, she would have taken into consideration that her two children would be without a mother. I see no reason why she should have done that. You have the choice to die, or to live and care for your children...
would she have thought of that tho? she would of been like, this is the path god as chosen for me and my children, these religous peeps think there lives are already planned out for them, wierd if you ask me, i've always felt that life is what you make of it. maybe thats coz i'm not tied to any faith

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
As a person who has chosen not to have a religious background, I feel that RD is 100% right.

No offense to anyone, but to needlessly throw your life away for a belief is just stupid. It really angers me how the world has progressed. If you want to have a belief in something, how about a belief in common sense. I realize that this is practically a "dead practice", but hopefully more people can practice and follow it and have it compete at the top where it belongs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts