Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've probably said these same things a few times but I think it's worthy of its own thread.

I don't see why people rate players like Park and Tevez so highly just because they run around like lunatics for 90 minutes. Of course it's nice to see that passion and commitment in players, but it's no substitute for real quality.

I'd take a fully fit and in form Rooney and Nani over Tevez and Park any day of the week. Rooney does everything Tevez does, only twice as good. And the same can be said about Nani over Park, except Nani is very inconsistent.

While Park will run his socks off for the entire game, his crossing, shooting and passing are poor. Nani, while inconsistent, has shown that his crossing and shooting are very good, but his passing /decision making needs improvement.

Park has contributed just two goals and three assists this season. Nani has six goals and four assists despite playing half the amount of football that Park has. As a winger for Manchester United I expect more from Park. Commitment to the cause isn't enough, commitment won't unlock a defense or score a goal from 30 yards, only talent and skill does that. I just wish people would stop over-rating players because of 'workrate'.

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
I've probably said these same things a few times but I think it's worthy of its own thread.

I don't see why people rate players like Park and Tevez so highly just because they run around like lunatics for 90 minutes. Of course it's nice to see that passion and commitment in players, but it's no substitute for real quality.

I'd take a fully fit and in form Rooney and Nani over Tevez and Park any day of the week. Rooney does everything Tevez does, only twice as good. And the same can be said about Nani over Park, except Nani is very inconsistent.

While Park will run his socks off for the entire game, his crossing, shooting and passing are poor. Nani, while inconsistent, has shown that his crossing and shooting are very good, but his passing /decision making needs improvement.

Park has contributed just two goals and three assists this season. Nani has six goals and four assists despite playing half the amount of football that Park has. As a winger for Manchester United I expect more from Park. Commitment to the cause isn't enough, commitment won't unlock a defense or score a goal from 30 yards, only talent and skill does that. I just wish people would stop over-rating players because of 'workrate'.
Your spot on with park regarding his crossing/shooting but your wrong about tevez, tell me what's bad about Tevez ability, imo he is quick, agile and as skilful as rooney as well as being a work horse.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
i agree with the tevez vs rooney thing. but then again rooney too is a bit of a worker...

but i dont get why park is so under-rated. park has no quality ? thats an odd statement to say the least.

nani scored his goals with second league teams, why does fergie plays with park instead of nani in the big games ? because he is better. the cover he provides for evra is vital ( especially whit evra's form lately). that cant be over-rated.
nani is inconsistent ? to be like that you have to play good every now and then. when was nani's last good game ( except the nice goals, having a good shot from 25-30 meters is not enough to make nani a good player) ?

as i said someone has to work in this team. having only superstars in a team is not a good thing.
probably if park would have been like ronaldo for ex,( not tracking back and defending ) and if his main goal was the attack he would have done better. but he has tasks from fergie and he has to do his job. and he does it very well
even so he is a good attack player.

lol stress head, how different can people opinions be....

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your spot on with park regarding his crossing/shooting but your wrong about tevez, tell me what's bad about Tevez ability, imo he is quick, agile and as skilful as rooney as well as being a work horse.
Tevez is a good player, but he doesn't come close to an in form Wayne Rooney. Rooney beats Tevez in all aspects of his game, passing, vision, shooting, finishing, everything. The only thing he's better at is running around a lot. I'm not saying he's a bad player because clearly he's not, but he's not a patch on Rooney.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Tevez' workrate is valuable to the team because he constantly hassles defenders when they are on the ball often causing them to misplace a pass, kick the ball out of play or boot it forwards which gives back possession of the ball to us.

I've never seen a forward put in so much effort to win the ball back for his team. Defending from the front not only gives us more possession but limits the number of chances the opposition can create.

Park, on the otherhand, just seems to run and run and run like an Energiser bunny but it never really amounts to much.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
I'm with Zuco on Park, doesn't creat enough for me.

But about Tevez, I dunno whos side I'm on. While i rate Tevez very highly like Stress Head does, i still don't agree that he's anyway near Rooney, Tevez isn't half as clever as Rooney on the ball, Rooney has alot more to his game, passing, more control to name a few.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i agree with the tevez vs rooney thing. but then again rooney too is a bit of a worker...

but i dont get why park is so under-rated. park has no quality ? thats an odd statement to say the least.

nani scored his goals with second league teams, why does fergie plays with park instead of nani in the big games ? because he is better. the cover he provides for evra is vital ( especially whit evra's form lately). that cant be over-rated.
nani is inconsistent ? to be like that you have to play good every now and then. when was nani's last good game ( except the nice goals, having a good shot from 25-30 meters is not enough to make nani a good player) ?

as i said someone has to work in this team. having only superstars in a team is not a good thing.
probably if park would have been like ronaldo for ex,( not tracking back and defending ) and if his main goal was the attack he would have done better. but he has tasks from fergie and he has to do his job. and he does it very well
even so he is a good attack player.

lol stress head, how different can people opinions be....
Nani's last good game was the Carling Cup semi against Derby. He's a very inconsistent player at the moment, but he's miles ahead of Park in terms of raw talent and attacking quality. Park plays in the big games because of his defensive qualities, nothing to do with his attacking prowess because quite simply he has very little of it. And even though he's consistent, he's consistently average.

I just find it strange that a winger can be voted man of the match despite not having had a single shot, not putting one good ball into the box and not creating any goalscoring opportunities. That's what wingers are supposed to do, but Park rarely does any of them. While Nani is inconsistent and his decision making is piss poor, he is at least trying to score or create opportunities for team mates.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Some of these posts are crazy!!!
Winger's aint meant to be the work horses of the team, thats for your midfield and defenders. Thats Zucos main point here, wingers are meant to creat and Park doesn't do it enough.

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Tevez is a good player, but he doesn't come close to an in form Wayne Rooney. Rooney beats Tevez in all aspects of his game, passing, vision, shooting, finishing, everything. The only thing he's better at is running around a lot. I'm not saying he's a bad player because clearly he's not, but he's not a patch on Rooney.
I know your not saying he aint a bad player but you never singled out his disadvantages like you do with park, tbh Rooney/Tevez both same as in quality imo

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know your not saying he aint a bad player but you never singled out his disadvantages like you do with park, tbh Rooney/Tevez both same as in quality imo
Not even close. Rooney is the far superior player, it shouldn't even be debatable. Rooney is capable of running the whole team and dictating play with clever passing and vision. Tevez is not.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
against derby ? that sais alot.
but ur not bringing any new arguments. you didnt commented my post altho you quoted it.
take my arguments and comment them one by one. at least make me see you read my post.

lets have a debate. im sick of threads like " zuco sais it, the others agree" cuz this is the way things seem to work around here

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
but ur not bringing any new arguments. you didnt commented my post altho you quoted it.
take my arguments and comment them one by one. at least make me see you read my post.

lets have a debate. im sick of threads like " zuco sais it, the others agree"
What are you talking about? I'm able to make up my own mind thanks :thumbsup:

Lets have a debate, tell me why Park is so good? Is is because he works hard for the defence?? Well the whole point of the thread mate...... we need more from our wingers, we havn't been in the goals this season and Park might have a bit to do with that.

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Not even close. Rooney is the far superior player, it shouldn't even be debatable. Rooney is capable of running the whole team and dictating play with clever passing and vision. Tevez is not.
In your opinion he might be able to do, but the fact is he has not yet, so you can't really go off what you think, it's best if i opt out of these silly threads and not get involved :whistling:yes he's a good player with passing/vision but so is Tevez imo :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
And Stress Head, Wayne Rooney is one of the best strikers in the world when he's on form. Tevez would only wish to do some of the things Rooney does.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

lets have a debate. im sick of threads like " zuco sais it, the others agree" cuz this is the way things seem to work around here
He's only played one other game since the Derby game and that was the final. What it tells you is he hasn't played much.

Nobody agrees with me just for the sake of it, that's a silly thing to say.

And I didn't realize I had to construct my posts to your specifications :whistling:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
its all about balance , you have got to have your headless chickens and work horses to counter act the players like berbatov who are there for their skill and passing.
You do not want all work horses or all skillful players either

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In your opinion he might be able to do, but the fact is he has not yet, so you can't really go off what you think, it's best if i opt out of these silly threads and not get involved :whistling:yes he's a good player with passing/vision but so is Tevez imo :thumbsup:
Of course he has. He's dominated games on many many occasions during his time with us. Tevez hasn't done it once. Watch football much? :whistling:

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And Stress Head, Wayne Rooney is one of the best strikers in the world when he's on form. Tevez would only wish to do some of the things Rooney does.
Indeed. I always find it strange when people say Tevez is as good as Rooney, because they're poles apart in my opinion.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
He's only played one other game since the Derby game and that was the final. What it tells you is he hasn't played much.

Nobody agrees with me just for the sake of it, that's a silly thing to say.

And I didn't realize I had to construct my posts to your specifications :whistling:
no, you have to repeat the same things over and over again, but when i bring some arguments you must say something about them....but you are only repeating the things you said once again.

tha fact that he hasnt played since then also sais alot.

i dont know if they are doing it for the sake of it , but all i see its threads like that.
you say something and the other 20 posts are like " i agree" , " spot on" etc . lets have another post kind of a thing.

·
Registered
100 Posts
workrate is important seeing as only a few of them are doing it for our team (park, tevez, rooney). in fact it is hard to find players who will give their all for 90 minutes in the pitch, that is why I highly rate these guys.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts