Manchester United Talk banner
181 - 186 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've probably said these same things a few times but I think it's worthy of its own thread.

I don't see why people rate players like Park and Tevez so highly just because they run around like lunatics for 90 minutes. Of course it's nice to see that passion and commitment in players, but it's no substitute for real quality.

I'd take a fully fit and in form Rooney and Nani over Tevez and Park any day of the week. Rooney does everything Tevez does, only twice as good. And the same can be said about Nani over Park, except Nani is very inconsistent.

While Park will run his socks off for the entire game, his crossing, shooting and passing are poor. Nani, while inconsistent, has shown that his crossing and shooting are very good, but his passing /decision making needs improvement.

Park has contributed just two goals and three assists this season. Nani has six goals and four assists despite playing half the amount of football that Park has. As a winger for Manchester United I expect more from Park. Commitment to the cause isn't enough, commitment won't unlock a defense or score a goal from 30 yards, only talent and skill does that. I just wish people would stop over-rating players because of 'workrate'.
Thats bollocks mate. You need a squad of strong players who will sit on the bench and be ready to perfom when called on. How can you criticise park. Ask gunners and chelsea how good he is. Man U have strong squads and these players are imporant. Tevez came off bench and turned game. If we only had a squad of 15 we would not be in rome or champions again.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Thats bollocks mate. You need a squad of strong players who will sit on the bench and be ready to perfom when called on. How can you criticise park. Ask gunners and chelsea how good he is. Man U have strong squads and these players are imporant. Tevez came off bench and turned game. If we only had a squad of 15 we would not be in rome or champions again.
No...

·
Registered
21 Posts
read my post , make a fair point and we will see after that, we will go from there.

im not saying you cant make up your own minds, its more a problem of will maybe....
Come on. Everyone is on about Berba + Tevez. That Nani is crap or just hasnt lived up to expectation. Park and Nani is a no brainer. Lets realise how hard Evra works. He is weapon.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Every team needs players with extensie stamina to carry on chasing for the whole game. It means the oposition can be pressurised for longer which in turn can lead to more mistakes meaning more goals. Also when a team is chasing for a goal, the player with higher workrate and stamina will have the advantage over the more tires oposition player.

181 - 186 of 186 Posts