Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 186 Posts

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
What are you talking about? I'm able to make up my own mind thanks :thumbsup:

Lets have a debate, tell me why Park is so good? Is is because he works hard for the defence?? Well the whole point of the thread mate...... we need more from our wingers, we havn't been in the goals this season and Park might have a bit to do with that.
read my post , make a fair point and we will see after that, we will go from there.

im not saying you cant make up your own minds, its more a problem of will maybe....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
no, you have to repeat the same things over and over again, but when i bring some arguments you must say something about them....but you are only repeating the things you said once again.

tha fact that he hasnt played since then also sais alot.

i dont know if they are doing it for the sake of it , but all i see its threads like that.
you say something and the other 20 posts are like " i agree" , " spot on" etc . lets have another post kind of a thing.
From time to time, I'm known to say things that make sense. Doesn't happen often though :whistling:

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Indeed. I always find it strange when people say Tevez is as good as Rooney, because they're poles apart in my opinion.
They have the same qualities, the are the same type player if you wanna call it that way but Rooney is a class apart. He does more with the ball, uses it better, he has long range passing, he can slow play down, they're qualities Tevez doesn't have and then the Qualities Tevez has Rooney does them better, apart from temperament.

Rooney :first:

Tevez :second:

Ron Jeremy :first::first:

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
From time to time, I'm known to say things that make sense. Doesn't happen often though :whistling:
once again you comment only the things you like. now i know you cant have a debate. you are used to say something and others to agree with you.
i rest my case...

whistling emoticon doesent make you right or cool.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
workrate is important seeing as only a few of them are doing it for our team (park, tevez, rooney). in fact it is hard to find players who will give their all for 90 minutes in the pitch, that is why I highly rate these guys.
every player gives a 100% . if they didn't fergie wouldn't keep them in the team . and running around non stop doesn't make you a world class player . it's a good quality to have in players but no more

G

·
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
once again you comment only the things you like. now i know you cant have a debate. you are used to say something and others to agree with you.
i rest my case...

whistling emoticon doesent make you right or cool.
You're telling me that everyone agrees with everything I say because of who I am. That's ridiculous. Who I am means nothing, I'm no better or worse than everybody else on here and if people agree with me it's because they think I'm right. Plenty of people have disagreed with me on many things. If that's what you think then fair enough, but I can't debate with that kind of stupidity.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
who said its because its who are you ?
in fact who are you ? your not like a god or something are you ?
i dont know why they are agreeing, altho there are some probable causes wich i dont want to mention.

ok, plenty of people have disagreed with you, but im sure things never turend into a debate, cuz you dont seem to know what that is.

aah, of course....when you feel like loosing ground and without arguments you resume at calling others stupid. not surprising, just as i thought.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
who said its because its who are you ?
in fact who are you ? your not like a god or something are you ?
i dont know why they are agreeing, altho there are some probable causes wich i dont want to mention.

ok, plenty of people have disagreed with you, but im sure things never turend into a debate, cuz you dont seem to know what that is.

aah, of course....when you feel like loosing ground and without arguments you resume at calling others stupid. not surprising, just as i thought.
Grow up.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
rooney is the best forward we have , he changes games with his running shooting and goal scoring , he is also a very unselfish player and puts players through who are in a better position , tevez doesnt although this is a minor criticism of tevez .
On the park issue i have said it before he is just lacking a bit of end product to his hard work and endeavour , he doest shoot often enough for me , but he is a quality player who can be relied on to perform in big matches.
Nani has everything in his armoury but just does not know how to use it all effectively , he passes when he should shoot and shoots when he should pass , i have great faith he will come good although he comes under severe criticism from united fans.
Also i disagree everyone agrees with zuco , i personally agree with good constructive posts who offer a good argument and reason as why they think you are wrong .
Too often people keep arguing and slagging each other off , instead of conceding the point , there is nothing wrong with being wrong as long as you admit it.
I must admit i do respect certain members more than others , but that is just history and how much you agree with their opinion

·
23,699 Posts
This is a rather strange discussion topic.

I think "work rate" is very important for us when we are in poor form or not on song, and when we needed it to preserve or to grind out a result.

Yet it is also over-rated when we are huffing and puffing, and when we needed a moment of brilliance from someone somewhere somehow to score that winning goal to separate the teams.

Or comin from another angle, an awesome team full of stars in their respective positions without the "work rate" of some fringe players can still be found wanting when it is not firing on all cylinders.

Players like Fletcher, Park and Tevez are the type of players that give us the so-called "work rate" while players like Berbatov, Ronaldo, Scholes and Giggs are the type that give us the spark or brilliance to win matches.

The only different, exceptional and thus most precious player in the class of his own that gives us both 'work rate" and brilliance is - no prize for guessing, don't state the blinking obvious blah blah blah... albeit comes with a lousy termperament and self control so bear with it - Mr Wayne Rooney.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Back on topic...

I think work rate is valuable, but not as a substitute to technical skill, it has to compliment technique. Park has the technical skill of a league 1 player but rides along with his unquestionable work rate and enthusiasm. In fairness, he's played well lately when the team was down and that says a lot about his character, but his work rate will never be enough to make me think he's good enough to be our first choice left winger which is why I think we will sign a winger in the summer. Because of his poor footballing ability, the other players are reluctant to pass to him in attacks which really hinders our attacking flow; and when they do pass to him its very often given away and there goes an attack out the window.

Having said that his running and movement and a good quality to have in a squad player. But it is definitely the case that work rate is over rated.

Tevez is slightly different, he does have technical skill and, on his good days, uses his work rate to get himself in the game and create things for the team. That is good use of work rate, complimenting technical skill. But when you consider he's scored 3 league goals all season, I'd sooner spend the money on someone who won't run so much but will ultimately, bring more to the team.

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
And Stress Head, Wayne Rooney is one of the best strikers in the world when he's on form. Tevez would only wish to do some of the things Rooney does.
Never said he was not one of the best strikers in the world VaVaVoom but he aint exactly the most prolific striker :whistling:

Of course he has. He's dominated games on many many occasions during his time with us. Tevez hasn't done it once. Watch football much? :whistling:
Not like you zuco, as i said this before I'm a man with a lot to do in my own time but have been too many games in the past watching them at Old Trafford and at away games, anyway regarding your point with this thread, Tevez is not over-rated and you did not state Tevez bad points like you did with bruce lee :whistling:

think i might pack me bags and head off back home to me mums (if only if i could) and get an office job so i can keep up to date more often

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
i think every team needs its workers it lets the better players play their game and do the extaordinary stuff, it only becomes a problem if the player who is on the pitch to be a worker- or a ' water carrier' as deschamps was dubbed by someone :) spends the entire time running around the pitch like a headless chicken

i have a problem with tevez running all over the pitch-its amazing and all that, but the guy IS a talent and should be popping in the goals and doing the amazing things not tracking back to hos own penalty area

G

·
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Never said he was not one of the best strikers in the world VaVaVoom but he aint exactly the most prolific striker :whistling:

Not like you zuco, as i said this before I'm a man with a lot to do in my own time but have been too many games in the past watching them at Old Trafford and at away games, anyway regarding your point with this thread, Tevez is not over-rated and you did not state Tevez bad points like you did with bruce lee :whistling:

think i might pack me bags and head off back home to me mums (if only if i could) and get an office job so i can keep up to date more often
I was having a sneaky dig at you because you said Rooney hasn't dominated a game yet ;)

With regards to Tevez, the reason I described Nani and Park in detail was because I wanted to use them as examples of the contrast between quality and workrate. If I were to list Tevez bad points, there wouldn't be as many as park because he's a much better player, but I do think he gets over rated because of all the running he does. In my opinion he's a poor man's Wayne Rooney.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
This is a rather strange discussion topic.

I think "work rate" is very important for us when we are in poor form or not on song, and when we needed it to preserve or to grind out a result.

Yet it is also over-rated when we are huffing and puffing, and when we needed a moment of brilliance from someone somewhere somehow to score that winning goal to separate the teams.

Or comin from another angle, an awesome team full of stars in their respective positions without the "work rate" of some fringe players can still be found wanting when it is not firing on all cylinders.

Players like Fletcher, Park and Tevez are the type of players that give us the so-called "work rate" while players like Berbatov, Ronaldo, Scholes and Giggs are the type that give us the spark or brilliance to win matches.

The only different, exceptional and thus most precious player in the class of his own that gives us both 'work rate" and brilliance is - no prize for guessing, don't state the blinking obvious blah blah blah... albeit comes with a lousy termperament and self control so bear with it - Mr Wayne Rooney.
yea it is kinda strange...

i probably said it before but i'll say it again: a good team is balanced between skilled players and hard workers. that is a must imo.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
They have the same qualities, the are the same type player if you wanna call it that way but Rooney is a class apart. He does more with the ball, uses it better, he has long range passing, he can slow play down, they're qualities Tevez doesn't have and then the Qualities Tevez has Rooney does them better, apart from temperament.

Rooney :first:

Tevez :second:

Ron Jeremy :first::first:
I see a lot of Tevez in Agüero & I think we'd all agree that Agüero is definitely a flair player, although his finishing needs work.

The thing is I think Tevez does have more quality than he shows at United.

I simply believe that English football & Ferguson are not conducive to Tevez displaying his true abilities.

Ferguson encourages players to run like lunatics. I think if Tevez was in Spain he'd show more flair.

He has flair. He'd probably also score way more goals. That said the fact is Rooney is the better of the two.

He can do all that in English football. I wonder what he'd be like in Spain or Italy. I think he'd make it.

P.S. Ron Jeremy references are always welcome. Some say he really has done over 1000. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
the best teams have always and will always be a combination of players who aren't big name stars doing a lot of unsung work while the stars are then allowed to go on and do their thing.
look at my pic...the one to the left.....over there muppet lol of falcao......... the greatest team i ever saw- brasil 82 my heroes besides the reds, but they didnt have a proper worker in that team- they were ALL STYLE AND NO SUBSTANCE!!!. fantastic to watch , but lacked a certain type of player in their team who would sacrifice himself and do the dirty work.

anyone who disagrees is a total muff

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
I was having a sneaky dig at you because you said Rooney hasn't dominated a game yet ;)

With regards to Tevez, the reason I described Nani and Park in detail was because I wanted to use them as examples of the contrast between quality and workrate. If I were to list Tevez bad points, there wouldn't be as many as park because he's a much better player, but I do think he gets over rated because of all the running he does. In my opinion he's a poor man's Wayne Rooney.
I have noticed it a lot on here lately :rolleyes: i respect your opinions though in regards :thumbsup:

21 - 40 of 186 Posts