Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Edwin, is NOT world class. No way, no how. His reflexes are a fraction of what they were, he's been flapping at crosses and now his kicking is sub-par. Maybe he was world class once, but not anymore.

Tevez is not world class either. He means a hell of a lot to our team, because his energy functions as a catalyst, but I would not say he's world class.

True world class players are Ronaldo, Evra, Rio and Vidic. And when Rooney discovers his scoring boots again, he will be world-class too. I think Rio and Rooney are two of the few England players, who are wanted by the Italian and Spanish giants.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
-zuco- said:
I have to seriously question whether you have watched a football match...ever :confused:

van der Sar is still one of the best goalkeepers in the Premiership...and
the world. Hes had a few dodgy games and suddenly he's not world class?

Tevez has been as good as Rooney this season and has actually scored
more goals, but you rate Rooney as world class? Tevez is still in his first
season at united and has done exceptionally well, always producing the
goals in the big games where it matters most.

You are right, I have never watched a single game of football *slapshead*

Ok....you deserve better than sarcasm.

Rooney has not had the best of seasons, but I would daresay he is a better player than Tevez. Rooney the last two seasons was a better player than Tevez at West Ham last season and Man Utd this season. Has he scored vital goals? Yes? Is he world class? No.

Why is he not world class? Because in his position, if you are talking about world class strikers, there are plenty in front of him in terms of speed, strength, finishing, aerial ability, positioning, running with the ball, decision-making. And I would say that Wayne would sneak in to most people's top 10 list of best strikers and Tevez would not. Maybe he would sneak into a top 15 or a top 20 list.

Rooney has not had a great season, but Wayne Rooney on form is better than Tevez on form. That's my opinion

Let me make it clear, tevez is awesome. I just think Rooney is more awesome.
And slightly less ugly ;) ....and better hair...... and doesn't celebrate with a dummy in his mouth.

And this is my opinion and I happen to watch football a lot, so there's no need to exaggerate, just because you rate Tevez. I rate him too, I just don;t think if both him and Rooney are on form that he is as good as Rooney. Plus, if I may say so, Rooney is less selfish than Tevez.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts