Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
reddwarf said:
Tevez is a debatable one in my opinion. He's a top class forward and has scored goals in very important matches against very good opposition for both club and country.

However, he is struggling to keep his place in the Argentina side and I'm not sure you can put him in the same bracket as Torres, Eto'o, Van Nistelrooy, Drogba etc...yet.

He's still only 23 though so plenty of time to prove himself. If he manages another good season at United next year then maybe it won't be so debatable!
Since when has a place in the national team been a sign of a world class player? Not all players perfom well for countries yet can still be classed as world class

Two words

Eric Cantona

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
eoininho said:
Carrick... ????? I don't believe a player who would struggle to get into Villa's midfield can have any hope of ever being regarded as WORLD CLASS!
I think he has been consistent this season but his form in recent
weeks has been quite poor.
Thats not MY list as such, but just what others in this thread have mentioned.
Id have Hargo before Carrick.
Anyway the bit at the end was a shout out. I wasnt including them in the
World class bracket.(yet)

·
Banned
503 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
No Rio?

Good call Decky.... VDS still has it

So can we agree on this list?
Vds
Evra
Rio
Vidic
Scholes
Rooney
Ronaldo
Tevez

and a shout out to Anderson, Hargo and Carrick ;)
:D I was waiting for somebody to pick me on that jazz, of course i rate Rio Ferdiinad ;)

G

·
NoxiousD said:
Since when has a place in the national team been a sign of a world class player? Not all players perfom well for countries yet can still be classed as world class

Two words

Eric Cantona
Cantona wasn't in the French team because he had a big
disagreement with the manager. Nothing to do with his ability
to perform on the big stage.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
:eek: No Rio?

Good call Decky.... VDS still has it :)

So can we agree on this list?

Vds
Evra
Rio
Vidic
Scholes
Rooney
Ronaldo
Tevez

and a shout out to Anderson, Hargo and Carrick ;)
VanDer Sar world class........ okay i can live with that, after all he is OUR player:D. Have to agree with decky, goalkeepers are unfortunately under-appreciated. Guess i've been a bit harsh on VDS. One more thing, isn't is a bit too early to call Anderson as world class?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
red devil jeff said:
VanDer Sar world class........ okay i can live with that, after all he is OUR player:D. Have to agree with decky, goalkeepers are unfortunately under-appreciated. Guess i've been a bit harsh on VDS. One more thing, isn't is a bit too early to call Anderson as world class?
Of course its too early to call Anderson world class.
Note the list I had at the bottom (Hargo, carrick and Anderson)
I HAVENT put them in the World class bracket. I just gave them an
honourable mention.
For me, Anderson is a future World class player. Give him a couple of years. :)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Of course its too early to call Anderson world class.
Note the list I had at the bottom (Hargo, carrick and Anderson)
I HAVENT put them in the World class bracket. I just gave them an
honourable mention.
For me, Anderson is a future World class player. Give him a couple of years. :)
I understand the mention... what I was saying was Carrick didn't even deserve a mention!!

Anderson, yes we hope a future genuine world class player, another Scholes hopefully

G

·
Carrick, in my opinion, is the best passer of the ball we
have, alongside Paul Scholes. As long as he has people
in front of him making attacking runs he'll find his target
9 times out of 10. He was one of the main reasons we
won the title last year.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
eoininho said:
I understand the mention... what I was saying was Carrick didn't even deserve a mention!!

Anderson, yes we hope a future genuine world class player, another Scholes hopefully
As i mentioned before, Carrick is one of the most under-rated United players. He was the spine of our midfield last season. Sure he doesn't score like Scholes does, he doesn't have the tenacity of Hargreaves or the flair of Anderson but he is one of the best passers of our team. He is the one who supplies ammunition to our attack, he is our playmaker, the heart of our midfield. He sits deep, makes intelligent interceptions and passes the ball to our attackers. To me, he is top notch.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Edwin, is NOT world class. No way, no how. His reflexes are a fraction of what they were, he's been flapping at crosses and now his kicking is sub-par. Maybe he was world class once, but not anymore.

Tevez is not world class either. He means a hell of a lot to our team, because his energy functions as a catalyst, but I would not say he's world class.

True world class players are Ronaldo, Evra, Rio and Vidic. And when Rooney discovers his scoring boots again, he will be world-class too. I think Rio and Rooney are two of the few England players, who are wanted by the Italian and Spanish giants.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hargreaves no way. Ferdinand, Ronaldo, possibly Evra and Scholes. No one else. World Class is used for too many average players these days. I mean Carrick and Hargreaves will never get near a world 11. Rooney isn't consistent enough to be judged as world class yet. He may well be in a few years.

G

·
RedForceRising said:
Edwin, is NOT world class. No way, no how. His reflexes are a fraction of what they were, he's been flapping at crosses and now his kicking is sub-par. Maybe he was world class once, but not anymore.

Tevez is not world class either. He means a hell of a lot to our team, because his energy functions as a catalyst, but I would not say he's world class.

True world class players are Ronaldo, Evra, Rio and Vidic. And when Rooney discovers his scoring boots again, he will be world-class too. I think Rio and Rooney are two of the few England players, who are wanted by the Italian and Spanish giants.
I have to seriously question whether you have watched a football match...ever :confused:

van der Sar is still one of the best goalkeepers in the Premiership...and
the world. Hes had a few dodgy games and suddenly he's not world class?

Tevez has been as good as Rooney this season and has actually scored
more goals, but you rate Rooney as world class? Tevez is still in his first
season at united and has done exceptionally well, always producing the
goals in the big games where it matters most.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Are only "World-Class" player is Wayne Rooney

World-Class covers areas not only in skill terms, but mental ability, physique,
detirmination, and many more.

To me Ronaldo isnt a world class player, yet.

As for the rest, they're all briliant, although World Class is not a catogary I'd set
them in.

Its a phrse thrown about far too much, and it takes it away from players who
really are "World-Class"

Scholes, Rio and Edwin are also name that spring to mind.

Whenever, Ronaldo performs on the European stage, I'll call him world class;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ronaldo and possibly Ferdinand. Although I think Ferdinand may have to have another season as good as this one, for him to be truly world class. He's been prone to inconsistency, through lack of concentration, which has prevented me from regarding him as world class in the past.

Scholes has been world class in the past, but I wouldn't say he was at the moment.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
I'm not saying Ronny's not brilliant, but is he World Class?

Pele/Maradona/Best.......He's on the road to becoming one, but that path hasn't
ended to me. He's still learning, and each season seems to cutsome of his bad
habits out.

He will be the World's best player in a season or two.......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
RedForceRising said:

harsh on VDS, name 5 goalkeepers in the world better than him!

and I find this ridiculous that you would call VDS not of world class ability yet you have a picture of those two idiots from Wigan that we're ridiculously linked with (in ur sig), they couldnt be further away from world class if they had no legs! is that what you want at our club 3rd rate players? we have a great keeper in VDS, you'll miss him when he's gone!

I think its irrelevant that Italian and Spanish 'Giants' are interested in Rio and Rooney, the power has changed hands the premiership is THE league now!

21 - 40 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.