Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
All the pros when asked who the best player they have played with/against say Paul Scholes. Genius, enough said.

Funny how we all rate Patrice Evra as the top dog, yet he isnt first choice for France, Cliche is!

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
dobermann said:
All the pros when asked who the best player they have played with/against say Paul Scholes. Genius, enough said.

Funny how we all rate Patrice Evra as the top dog, yet he isnt first choice for France, Cliche is!
I think you mean Abidal;)

Anyway I think our world class players are Rio, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo.

I would Rooney in there, but he is far too inconsistant IMO. If he fulfilled his potential he would top that list IMO.

Scholes, Giggs and VDS all used to be World class IMO.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
trikam patel said:
scholes, rio, vid, evra, ronaldo, carrick
Scholes? Maybe you thought the question was how many players are or were world class.

But Carrick? Okay, he is under-rated and is a vital cog in our midfield. But i can name atleast 5-7 midfielders who all are better than him.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
dobermann said:

Now you know why Raymond Domenech is under fire :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
dobermann said:

Abidal is France's first choice under Domenech, but that might still change.

Can you name me a better left back in the world than Evra. I will grant that there are players who might be of his calibre, but not better.

To me, that's world class and have you seen Clichey this season? Not a patch on Evra.....

·
Registered
854 Posts
red devil jeff said:
Okay, this topic was discussed before, last season in a thread opened by jazz.

So this season, name the players in United that you think is worthy of the tag 'world class' and why.

Here is my list

Cristiano Ronaldo: Like i need to explain why :rolleyes:

Rio Ferdinand: He has been doing consistently well in the heart of our defence. He should have been in the list of players competing for Ballon d' Or. His reading of the game is fantastic and pockets Fernando Torres for fun.

Nemanja Vidic: The only defender in the Ballon d'Or list along with Sergio Ramos. He puts his head in places where players are afraid to put their feet in.

Patrice Evra: Best left back in the world imo. There are not many left backs out there who can challenge Patrice for a place in the world eleven.

I'm tempted to put Wayne Rooney in that list. For me, Rooney has world class ability but he is not consistent enough with his performances to be tagged as world class :(

So, fire away........

Edit: I just want to make it clear that the question is how many players in United are still world class?
Ye I agree with all this.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
thats why he would sit in the middle and spray those passes about.
Obviously he would have some lad like Kaka playing in front of him doing the leg work ;)
Scholes is still God! no matter what anyone says. Wait and see how influential he will be second half of the season.
Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I have to agree with the majority here and say that our World Class players, imo, are Rio, Vidic, Evra and Ronaldo.

We have a lot of great players no doubt, but I think these 4 are the only players who we can genuinely say are World Class.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Guess it won't be a bad idea to bump this old thread.

In our current team, I'd say only Rooney, Evra, Vidic and Ferdinand are world class.

So not much change from my initial list. Rooney has replaced Ronaldo as our chief attacker.

Vidic looks likely to leave after this season and Ferdinand is on the decline. That leaves only Rooney and Evra as genuine world class players in our team.

·
Registered
26,221 Posts
Most players can do that, even Park can be World class on his day.
Yeah but Park does that twice a season at max, where as Giggs and Scholes produce at least 6-7 World Class displays a season. In the last week Scholes was outstanding against City and Arsenal.

·
Registered
568 Posts
players who are still world class, and show it..

Rooney, Vidic, Evra, Berbatov (although can be on and off)

Giggs, Scholes, VDS(?) And Ferdinand show it, but obviously theyre not what they where...

Players who show glimpses of being world class, are Nani and Fletch.

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
VDS, Evra, Ferdi, vidic(not quite but close) Rooney are all world class
Fletcher is in his own class, above world class, hes everywhere

·
Registered
26,221 Posts
players who are still world class, and show it..

Rooney, Vidic, Evra, Berbatov (although can be on and off)

Giggs, Scholes, VDS(?) And Ferdinand show it, but obviously theyre not what they where...

Players who show glimpses of being world class, are Nani and Fletch.
Berbatov has never shown any signs of being World Class during his time at the club, he has his good months but to say that he has been World Class is pushing it.

Van der Sar's influence at the back is invaluable. Even though Kuszczak had a good run, it's no surprise that we hit top form when Van der Sar returned to playing in between the sticks.

Fletcher yes but Nani is a no-no, people were calling for his head three weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
things have changed since the thread started , utds world class players at the moment are rooney and evra on a consistent basis i don't think anyone else is quite world class at this given time because of loss of form or injuries .ps fletcher's world class in some big games but needs more consistency.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts