Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Hmmm, I think I'll try and get a half days holiday for the semi-final.

I assume if we get to the final then it will be at the weekend?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clarky101 said:
bang on the justin.tv at work then :D
The streaming at our work place is crap, only bbc is the streaming half decent. At least the final is on the Saturday.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
semi-final is 10.30 on thursday.
final is 10.30 on sunday.
i would like to think mutv have some rights but i highly doubt it.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
It's unbelievable that in the UK you hav to pay to watch
England play. In Italy by law every match, competetive or not,
is televised.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
PeeJay said:
is televised.
it's an absolute disgrace, that our national team rarely, if ever, feature on national television. eventually, we will head down the road of italy and spain where every top division team has every game televised, if not on normal telly, at £10 a game.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
PeeJay said:
is televised.
You can hear the England fans singing 'We hate Setanta!' whenever the match is on Setanta, which is quite funny.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
reddwarf said:
You can hear the England fans singing 'We hate Setanta!' whenever the match is on Setanta, which is quite funny.
funny thing is they're just a commercial enterprise like sky......people i blame are the muppets at the european union for forcing through the law changes to open up competition so we the " consumer" benefit from greater choice.......how i am benefitting from having to spend a wad more cash each more i do not know...wish they would explain that one to me

·
Registered
366 Posts
PeeJay said:
is televised.
Forgive if Im wrong but I thought the government in england passed a bill in the commons where all home competitive games whether it be football , rugby etc have to be shown on the free-to-air channels eg the bbc . Its a different story for friendlies and away games . Again not too sure on this but I think they are open to the highest bidder .

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
PeeJay said:
is televised.
Sometimes.

When I first bought sky tv, it was mainly to watch United. Then sky added pay to view and I said no straight away, I paid enough as it was.

I did, however, eventually add MUTV at £6 per month.

Now I view cable and Setanta 1 & 2 are free inclusive in package. I added MUTV which is a pain considering I get Arsenal and Liverpool tv (spit) for free. Lets face it who the hell would pay for THEM!!?

Regarding England, it depends on the "massiveness" of the game, most friendlies are on BBC or ITV I think. So do not pay. I do not generally watch England friendlies, they are so boring.

finally, moving thread, this is not about United par se.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
The rights for England internationals are currently owned by ITV and Setanta. The competitive away games are all on Setanta and the competitive home games are all on ITV. ITV also secured the rights to show 8 England friendlies over the next 4 years.

There was a big furore when Setanta could not come to an agreement with ITV to show highlights of England beating Croatia 4-1 and Setanta ended up allowing non-subscribers to watch the highlights but not on the day of the game.

BBC have very little live football these days. They showed Arsenal v Twente in the Champions League qualifiers but that's probably it for the season unless they beat Channel 5 and ITV to the rights for the latter stages of the UEFA Cup.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts