Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 1274 Posts

·
Registered
26,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Notable results from tonight's games:

Moldova 0-5 England (Lampard with a brace)
Wales 0-2 Belgium (Kompany and Vertonghen), Collins was sent off.
Ireland 1-2 (Keane and Doyle)
Holland 2-0 Turkey (van Persie scored)
Germany 3-0 Faroe Islands (Özil scored a brace)
Liechtenstein 1-8 Bosnia-Herzegovina (Included a Dzeko hat-trick)
Finland 0-1 France (Diaby continues his fine form)
Bulgaria 2-2 Italy (Osvaldo with a brace)
Luxembourg 1-2 Portugal (Ronaldo and Postiga)

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
If that was the case Utd would constantly play their best available team week in week out, but that's not how any tournament/campaign works
It's a good job England don't play week in week out then isn't it? Unless you think we will have learnt more playing Gerrard and Lampard together than playing Carrick?

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Does anyone else agree with the idiot commentators about the penalty?
I'm watching the highlights, and they keep banging on about how the rules say "deliberate handball".
Well I'm sorry, but if you use an illegal part of your body to prevent the other side from scoring, that's a foul in my book.
That's why during free-kicks and also during open play, many defenders have their arms behind their backs to prevent the ball from hitting it.

·
In Jones we trust
8,412 Posts
I read somewhere, well it was on the BBC site that Gerrard thinks England can win the World Cup. LOLOLOLOLOLOL.
I hate Gerrard but he's the captain of one of the world's leading footballing nations that are currently ranked third in the world (rightly or wrongly, we are). What do you expect him to say: "No we're shite and will get to the last-16 or quarters if we're lucky?"

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
I hate Gerrard but he's the captain of one of the world's leading footballing nations that are currently ranked third in the world (rightly or wrongly, we are). What do you expect him to say: "No we're shite and will get to the last-16 or quarters if we're lucky?"
Well, anyone with half a brain would say it, so I guess you're right, we shouldn't expect it from him. ;)

·
Registered
26,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bosnia-Herzegovina have a very good team at the moment. 3-1 up tonight on the back of an 8-1 win at the weekend. Dzeko, Misimovic, Pjanic, Ibisevic and Begovic are all quality players.

1 - 20 of 1274 Posts