Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading CROoney's post on the meaning of world class. I thought i wonder what everyone's world eleven would be here's mine:

- - - - - - Buffon - - - - - -
Ramos - Rio - Vidic - Evra
Messi - Cambiasso - Gerrard - Roanldo
- - - - - Villa - Eto'o

Whats everyone else's? :)

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
cassials

sergio ramos rio vida evra

messi xavi essien ronaldo

villa benzema

subs:given carvalho lahm ribery gerrard etoo torres

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Casillas

Ramos Vidic Rio Evra

Ronaldo Xavi Kaka Messi

Torres E'Eto

No Kaka in any of your sides. That's just plain wrong ffs. Players like Rooney, Essien and Sneijder and then no Kaka. Jesus christ that's just wrong.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
peterswellman said:
Casillas

Ramos Vidic Rio Evra

Ronaldo Xavi Kaka Messi

Torres E'Eto

No Kaka in any of your sides. That's just plain wrong ffs. Players like Rooney, Essien and Sneijder and then no Kaka. Jesus christ that's just wrong.
This is what i'd go wth, maybe Essien instead of Kaka to add bite and power to the middle. How people have Benzema ahead of Torres and Eto'o is a joke. Benzema has serious potential and i'm sure will be world class in 3years but not just yet. French league isn't big enough.
Eto'o and Torres are on a different planet.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
This is what i'd go wth, maybe Essien instead of Kaka to add bite and power to the middle. How people have Benzema ahead of Torres and Eto'o is a joke. Benzema has serious potential and i'm sure will be world class in 3years but not just yet. French league isn't big enough.
Eto'o and Torres are on a different planet.
As is Kaka, he's one of the best in world. The way he's been overlooked by some is totally shocking. Xavi is quality but even I wouldn't have him in ahead of Kaka.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
peterswellman said:
Casillas

Ramos Vidic Rio Evra

Ronaldo Xavi Kaka Messi

Torres E'Eto

Can't disagree with that, thats how mine would go as well. Only player I may switch around is Eto'o but I'd have to think about who for.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
peterswellman said:
As is Kaka, he's one of the best in world. The way he's been overlooked by some is totally shocking. Xavi is quality but even I wouldn't have him in ahead of Kaka.
This time last year and year before i had Kaka as the best in the world, but i'd even have Gerrard in ahead of him now.

And Nemanjaaaaa, please look at Eto'os score to game ratio before you take him out of your team;)

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
This time last year and year before i had Kaka as the best in the world, but i'd even have Gerrard in ahead of him now.

And Nemanjaaaaa, please look at Eto'os score to game ratio before you take him out of your team;)
You would have Gerrard in ahead of Kaka? That's just insane. Kaka is one of those who will always be world class, his moments of sheer brillance are insane. What has Gerrard done over Kaka to make you warrant putting him in your team? They are very similiar, Kaka singlehandedly drags Milan through games and is waaaaay more creative.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
peterswellman said:
You would have Gerrard in ahead of Kaka? That's just insane. Kaka is one of those who will always be world class, his moments of sheer brillance are insane. What has Gerrard done over Kaka to make you warrant putting him in your team? They are very similiar, Kaka singlehandedly drags Milan through games and is waaaaay more creative.
Didn't Gerrard almost single handedly win the dippers the champs league in 05.
Hasn't he gotton the dippers 3 points on numerous occasions with last minute strikes through the years and more this season, his leadership and fighting spirit is a dying breed and i love it.

If i had a choice of KaKa or Gerrard coming to OT i'd pick the latter everytime.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
peterswellman said:
Casillas

Ramos Vidic Rio Evra

Ronaldo Xavi Kaka Messi

Torres Eto'o

lol here was are again.
Id go along with that side more or less, although Id possibly play 5 in the middle
and add Gerrard and take out Torres.
Id go Alves at the back cos he is better than Ramos (too many mistakes)
Buffon, Essien and Ibrahimovic just miss out.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
Didn't Gerrard almost single handedly win the dippers the champs league in 05.
Hasn't he gotton the dippers 3 points on numerous occasions with last minute strikes through the years and more this season, his leadership and fighting spirit is a dying breed and i love it.

If i had a choice of KaKa or Gerrard coming to OT i'd pick the latter everytime.
They won on penalties right? So no, he got them the draw but didn't Kaka destroy them in the first half and in Istanbul. If Milan didn't have such a big lead they would have never had sat back and let them into the game. Gerrard as far as I recall played alot of the first game at right-back.

Kaka has never scored or aided get Milan point. Ever.:rolleyes: Pick Gerrard over someone as simply sublime as Kaka is just wrong. Leadership and determination are all well and bloody good but if you don't have the skill of Kaka you will wion **** all.

Kaka every single time for me.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
lol here was are again.
Id go along with that side more or less, although Id possibly play 5 in the middle
and add Gerrard and take out Torres.
Id go Alves at the back cos he is better than Ramos (too many mistakes)
Buffon, Essien and Ibrahimovic just miss out.
;)

Nothingw rong witha bit of discussion mate. Specially when it's healthy. Big fan of talking football with you btw, you know what you're talking about.

I'll agree, maybe Torres could be dropped alrite and I totally forgot about bloody Alves. Certainly would be in mine, only saw Ramos above and he was all I could think of.

As there is such an abundance of talent in midfield you would probably have to go with 5 in midfield.

·
HODOR!
7,033 Posts
Buffon

Alves.......Rio..........Vidic..........Evra

Gerrard.........Kaka...........Xavi

Ronaldo.............Messi

Eto'o​

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
peterswellman said:
They won on penalties right? So no, he got them the draw but didn't Kaka destroy them in the first half and in Istanbul. If Milan didn't have such a big lead they would have never had sat back and let them into the game. Gerrard as far as I recall played alot of the first game at right-back.

Kaka has never scored or aided get Milan point. Ever.:rolleyes: Pick Gerrard over someone as simply sublime as Kaka is just wrong. Leadership and determination are all well and bloody good but if you don't have the skill of Kaka you will wion **** all.

Kaka every single time for me.
Whats penalties got to do with it, they wouldn't have got to the final if it wasn't for another late Gerrard strike RIGHT?
And where was the Kaka in the second half? Have you watched much of the Italian league lately or you just read to much of the Man City/Kaka transfer:rolleyes:. Kaka hasn't been the same in the last 18months. It happens dude, i thought Ronaldinho would over take Pele and Maradona a be classed as the greatest ever but that hasn't happened.

I'd have Gerrard in my team over Kaka NOW<--- anyday. Kaka went missing in that Champs league, but it's not in Gerrards nature to do that.
You clearly have different taste in players than me, thats what football is all about isn't it!
But personally i think on current form Gerrard is worth 2 of Kaka.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
vava has a point. Gerrard has done some sick shit for Liverpool annoyingly
and unfortunately. Kaka hasnt been the same since he won world player
of the year. I coudnt pick between the 2 tbh, hence having them both in my team :p
They are BOTH world class and BOTH amongst the top 10 players in the world.
Nothing to choose between them at all really......

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
Whats penalties got to do with it, they wouldn't have got to the final if it wasn't for another late Gerrard strike RIGHT?
And where was the Kaka in the second half? Have you watched much of the Italian league lately or you just read to much of the Man City/Kaka transfer:rolleyes:. Kaka hasn't been the same in the last 18months. It happens dude, i thought Ronaldinho would over take Pele and Maradona a be classed as the greatest ever but that hasn't happened.

I'd have Gerrard in my team over Kaka NOW<--- anyday. Kaka went missing in that Champs league, but it's not in Gerrards nature to do that.
You clearly have different taste in players than me, thats what football is all about isn't it!
But personally i think on current form Gerrard is worth 2 of Kaka.
You say where was Kaka in the second half but where was Gerrard in the first or Istanbul? Same point really as you're makiing, they both stood up to the mark.

Yes I have but because Kaka has been slightly off the boil isn't entirely his fault. Have you seen the Milan team as a hole? The average age of a team put out by them is crazy. His teammates just don't have the same ability they once had and there is only so much he can do.

Atm, i would even go as far to say that Liverpool have a better team than Milan. taking into account age etc.

It's not Gerarrd's nature to go missing? He has done it countless times against us. maybe i'm a little sort on memory but I can't really remember the last time he had a good game against us.

That's hyperbole mate. One Gerrard is two Kaka's, that's beyond extreme tbf. kaka was nominated for the Ballon D'or last year. Was Gerrard so don't even think about spouting that 18 months crap and me not knowing what i'm talking about.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts