Manchester United Talk banner

World XI

2K views 41 replies 20 participants last post by  Sownak27 
#1 ·
After reading CROoney's post on the meaning of world class. I thought i wonder what everyone's world eleven would be here's mine:

- - - - - - Buffon - - - - - -
Ramos - Rio - Vidic - Evra
Messi - Cambiasso - Gerrard - Roanldo
- - - - - Villa - Eto'o

Whats everyone else's? :)

#27 ·
^^back on topic at last thank God.

vava-the first post he quoted was one of MY posts, and nothing to do with you.
He wasnt having a pop in that post. Your 'row' has gone far enough off topic
so Ill be deleting all the off topic posts now......
you both have different views, fair enough, just leave the insults. thanks.

#28 ·
red devil jeff said:
Kaka is way over rated imo. I don't think Kaka deserves a place in the current world team setup. He had one good season with Milan in which they won the CL. Even in that season, although he was brilliant in the CL (especially against us) his league form wasn't that breathtaking. Also it has to be noted that his international form isn't stellar either (most notable in Brazil's performance in the last world cup). For me,

Ronaldo 07-08> Messi 08-09> Kaka 06-07

Maybe it's a bit unfair to put Messi in the equation above coz the season isn't over and Barca is yet to win a trophy this season. In terms of Importance to their respective clubs, I think Gerrard is more important to Liverpool that Kaka is to Milan. Gerrard has saved the scousers on countless occasions and is the heartbeat of that club.

Although Kaka was an important part in CL winning Milan team, even if you take Kaka out, Milan still had other world class midfielders like Gattuso, Pirlo and Seedorf in their team who were just as important as Kaka.

His form this season and on the previous season hardly suggests this guy deserves a place in the current world team.
At last an opinion that we can discuss.

See to me mate, Kaka has permenant class. He has the wow factor that can change a game in a secodn with a breathtaking through ball or simply taking taking the ball and running at the defence.

I'll agree with the Ronaldo, Messi and Kaka equation 100%.

Of course they still did. But atm, Milan's team is so old that Kaka is key too it. Liverpool now have a much younger midfield and there are better players now atm that will step into Gerrards shoes than will step into Kaka's.

#29 ·
peterswellman said:

See to me mate, Kaka has permenant class. He has the wow factor that can change a game in a secodn with a breathtaking through ball or simply taking taking the ball and running at the defence.

Of course they still did. But atm, Milan's team is so old that Kaka is key too it. Liverpool now have a much younger midfield and there are better players now atm that will step into Gerrards shoes than will step into Kaka's.
Haven't you said all this before:eek:

Look Gerrard and Kaka are both very different players, Kaka has that wow factor but Gerrard has different qualities.
And you can have your view on Kaka been more important to Milan than Gerrard to Liverpool.... but thats insane to think that. But it's your view:D

Gerrard is Liverpool= fact
Is Kaka Milan?

#30 ·
VaVaVoom said:
Haven't you said all this before:eek:

Look Gerrard and Kaka are both very different players, Kaka has that wow factor but Gerrard has different qualities.
And you can have your view on Kaka been more important to Milan than Gerrard to Liverpool.... but thats insane to think that. But it's your view:D

Gerrard is Liverpool= fact
Is Kaka Milan?
Yet, you couldn't muster up a reply. Unlucky.

Question did you see the protests when Kaka was going to be sold to City? Kaka is the golden boy of Miland loves teh clubs. Ask any Milan support does Kaka have the same importance to miland as gerrard has to Liverpool and they'll tell you exactly what i've been saying all along. Just because he wasn't born in Milan doesn't meas he can't love the club.

#31 ·
peterswellman said:

There's no doubt about Kaka's importance in the Milan team. And yes he has the ability to change the game. I would have been inclined to add him to my world XI had he carried the old aged Milan team to a better league position in the current and the previous season. But that was not the case. The only striking contribution made by Kaka was his CL performance in the 06-07 season and he ended up as the CL top scorer. Other than that, I don't find his league contribution or his International performance to be stellar. Also, it has to noted that in the year Milan and Kaka won the CL, Milan had a negative points start in the league. So they basically gave up the scudetto concentrated only on the CL.

#32 ·
-------------------------------------------Buffon--------------------------------------------

Alves--------------------Vidic----------------------------Neasta-------------------Evra

--------------------------------------------Xavi-----------------------------------------------

Messi ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ronaldo

--------------------------------------------Kaka-----------------------------------------------

--------------------------Villa---------------------------Eto------------------------------------

#33 ·
red devil jeff said:
There's no doubt about Kaka's importance in the Milan team. And yes he has the ability to change the game. I would have been inclined to add him to my world XI had he carried the old aged Milan team to a better league position in the current and the previous season. But that was not the case. The only striking contribution made by Kaka was his CL performance in the 06-07 season and he ended up as the CL top scorer. Other than that, I don't find his league contribution or his International performance to be stellar. Also, it has to noted that in the year Milan and Kaka won the CL, Milan had a negative points start in the league. So they basically gave up the scudetto concentrated only on the CL.
That maybe the thing, in Italy the thing they all want is the CL. Considering Milan had such a poor starting they were never going to bother really pushing for the league. Still though, it doesn't really excuse Kaka.

I'm a huge fan, he is simply brillant in my eyes.

#39 ·
kaka is world class, no doubt about it and i agree with that he is the prince of milan if not before the man city saga, he is probably loved even more now! :cool:

By the way peterswellman, the reason im going to assume people are picking xavi or gerrard over kaka is because kaka really is not a central midfielder. He plays second striker position for milan even though earlier in his career he was an attacking midfielder.

By the way, i agree, kaka as an individual is better than gerrard...but i do think gerrard is a top footballer too...though scholes when he was a little younger, besides keano showed him up more than a few times.

Just on a side note...kinda brings me back onto your topic about world class again...If the term is only used for players of the highest quality who are in top form, then last season kaka would NOT have been a world class player but we both know he is a world class player :cool:

Oh and by me saying i prefer kaka over gerrard is not me going against you or anything vavavooom because you're a kool dude and i aint someone who thinks i know it all or anything, i'm just givin' my opinion ;-)

My team!

-----------------Cassilas---------------

Maicon ----- Rio------ Vidic ------ Evra

-----------------Xavi-------------------

-------------------------Iniesta-------

-------------Kaka---------------------

----Messi--------------------------Ronaldo

-------------------Eto'o----------------

Explanation!...

Only reason i chose maicon ahead of alves OR ramos was because he is better at the defensive part of his game and has just as good a engine as the other two so in a team where there is not ball winner in midfield, the defense even in the fullback positions need to know how to defend!

I cannot believe NOBODY picked iniesta...one of the best creative midfielders in the world right now.

I think my team is pretty strong and would get loads of goals with ronaldo, messi and eto'o even though the two wingers roam alot and hardly track back. lol.

OH and i was temped to possibly put david villa in the team just behind eto'o instead of picking Kaka but i'm sure my mind will change every once in a while! :cool:

pz!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.