Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I haven't seen enough of Chelsea this season to judge him, but their defensive record speaks for itself. Against us at OT he was poor, I'll admit.

I'll also point out that he was missing last week against Liverpool, and they were leaking goals.

I'm not solely basing my selection on this season anyway. I rate him over Ferdinand, period.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
He's been poor all season. Really poor, he has been out of position so many teams it's beyond belief. his marking is suspect and it's really only his bravery and heading that keep him afloat.

May I point out, one of the goals was a penalty and the other was a terrible piece of goalkeeping from a free-kick. They had clearly switched off by that time anyway. The tie was over.

Tbh, that last comment shows you don't really take that much interest in football. Anyone I speak to realises Terry's overrated. I know Carvalho was carrying him. Great leader and decent header and brave to boot. Not much else though. Medicorce defender.
Huh?

Overrated, probably, but mediocre? Come on.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Warning: this post may contain a different opinion to yours.

I said I haven't seen enough of Terry to generalise his season as good or bad. On his day, he's a better player than Ferdinand. So, no, I didn't contradict myself in the slightest.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I can't judge Terry's season as I haven't seen him enough, so I'm not going to try and guess who's had the better season.

Fact is, you wouldn't have a problem with those statements if I had switched Ferdinand and Terry's names around. You're just annoyed that I chose a Chelsea player over one of ours. It's my OPINION. Christ. Forums - they're for just that, you know?

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I'm not getting stressed. I'm explaining.

You've just admitted that had I switched their names around, you wouldn't have a problem, even though the statement would still not make sense - according to you.

No, I wouldn't judge a player based off of their performances years ago, but I'm also not going to judge one player off of an apparent bad spell, when I know what he's capable of.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I don't know when this bad spell started. I'm relying on what you and peterswellman have told me, and according to that, he's been mediocre.

Terry isn't even the best centre half at Chelsea. - Never claimed he was the best, in the world, or at Chelsea. All I've said is that he's better than Ferdinand, which I stand by.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.