Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You said a second ago he's been 'poor this season'. If that were the case, Chelsea's defensive record would be considerably worse, don't you think?
It's teh way Chelsea set themselves up. Mikel sits in front of the defence and Ballack doesn't get forward at all anymore. Chelsea set themselves up NOT to concede. They're not a team that'll take teams apart. Have you actually seen Terry this season? He's been out of position so many times and need people to cover his mistakes so often.

Btw, my opinions aren't just from this season. Terry is so overrated it beggers belief. Carvalho has been making him look good for years.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Btw, JOS plays alot for United. One bad defender isn't going to cost you too many goals. especially if you have as strong defensive players as Chelsea do. They don't concede from corners either because they have some fantastic headers of the ball.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I haven't seen enough of Chelsea this season to judge him, but their defensive record speaks for itself. Against us at OT he was poor, I'll admit.

I'll also point out that he was missing last week against Liverpool, and they were leaking goals.

I'm not solely basing my selection on this season anyway. I rate him over Ferdinand, period.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I haven't seen enough of Chelsea this season to judge him, but their defensive record speaks for itself. Against us at OT he was poor, I'll admit.

I'll also point out that he was missing last week against Liverpool, and they were leaking goals.

I'm not solely basing my selection on this season anyway. I rate him over Ferdinand, period.

He's been poor all season. Really poor, he has been out of position so many teams it's beyond belief. his marking is suspect and it's really only his bravery and heading that keep him afloat.

May I point out, one of the goals was a penalty and the other was a terrible piece of goalkeeping from a free-kick. They had clearly switched off by that time anyway. The tie was over.

Tbh, that last comment shows you don't really take that much interest in football. Anyone I speak to realises Terry's overrated. I know Carvalho was carrying him. Great leader and decent header and brave to boot. Not much else though. Medicorce defender.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
He's been poor all season. Really poor, he has been out of position so many teams it's beyond belief. his marking is suspect and it's really only his bravery and heading that keep him afloat.

May I point out, one of the goals was a penalty and the other was a terrible piece of goalkeeping from a free-kick. They had clearly switched off by that time anyway. The tie was over.

Tbh, that last comment shows you don't really take that much interest in football. Anyone I speak to realises Terry's overrated. I know Carvalho was carrying him. Great leader and decent header and brave to boot. Not much else though. Medicorce defender.
Huh?

Overrated, probably, but mediocre? Come on.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts

I'm sorry but what a way to contradict yourself, pillock.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Warning: this post may contain a different opinion to yours.

I said I haven't seen enough of Terry to generalise his season as good or bad. On his day, he's a better player than Ferdinand. So, no, I didn't contradict myself in the slightest.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
On Rio's day he is better than any other defender on the planet, especially in the last 20 years. So how does that work? Or do you love Terry.

You did.

I can't judge Terry this season."
"I think Terry is better than Rio."

What the ****. Come back when you have an argument that fits and then people might listen to you.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I can't judge Terry's season as I haven't seen him enough, so I'm not going to try and guess who's had the better season.

Fact is, you wouldn't have a problem with those statements if I had switched Ferdinand and Terry's names around. You're just annoyed that I chose a Chelsea player over one of ours. It's my OPINION. Christ. Forums - they're for just that, you know?

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Seems you're getting stressed over some comment from some lad you don't know. Chill out, but I'll let you off as you are still young.

The whole point in these type's of threads is for the world's best XI to be named.
If someone said chose your best United team, you wouldn't put Anderson in on last season't performances, or Gary Neville in on performances 10 years ago. So why would you put Terry in yours based on how he played pre-this season?

I wouldn't have a problem with Rio and Terry "switching around" because it will then be right, as Rio pisses all over Terry. So, again, you're chatting crap.

Why would I be annoyed over a Chelsea player being chosen? I chose Essien over United midfielders FFS. Making up crap, again.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I'm not getting stressed. I'm explaining.

You've just admitted that had I switched their names around, you wouldn't have a problem, even though the statement would still not make sense - according to you.

No, I wouldn't judge a player based off of their performances years ago, but I'm also not going to judge one player off of an apparent bad spell, when I know what he's capable of.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
I'm not getting stressed. I'm explaining.

You've just admitted that had I switched their names around, you wouldn't have a problem, even though the statement would still not make sense - according to you.

No, I wouldn't judge a player based off of their performances years ago, but I'm also not going to judge one player off of an apparent bad spell, when I know what he's capable of.
The two comments linked, yes their would be a problem obviously. But if you altered the seond comment, then it would be right. Terry isn't even the best centre half at Chelsea!

What apparent bad spell? Bad spell's don't last years.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I don't know when this bad spell started. I'm relying on what you and peterswellman have told me, and according to that, he's been mediocre.

Terry isn't even the best centre half at Chelsea. - Never claimed he was the best, in the world, or at Chelsea. All I've said is that he's better than Ferdinand, which I stand by.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts