Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's list the worst ever players. No particular reason, just for a laugh :p

Taibi - United's worst ever 'keeper by a country mile.

Winston Bogarde - Played just eleven games for Chelsea because he was so crap, they wanted to sell him but he refused because he knew he'd never get a similar contract elsewhere. They paid him 40 grand a week to play in the reserves. To rub salt in the wound, when Chelsea won the FA Cup it triggered a bonus payment in his contract, even though he didn't play a single game that season :rofl:

Ali Dia - Played only about an hour of football. Signed by Southampton after his agent called Graeme Souness and said he was George Weah's cousin. Souness believed him :rofl:

Eric Djemba Djemba - So bad they named him twice!

----------

Who else deserves to be on the list?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
bosko balaban... villa signed him for nearly 6 million he made 9 appeareances -7 as a sub mainly in non-descript cup matches adn was let go for nothing. irocivally back in eurpe he went on a scoring spree again that first inspired villa to sign him. some players just arent suited to the PL are they

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
branco- the much feted brasilian legend who arrived at middlesborough.......sadly he was legend earlier in his career - the overweight bag of ***** that turned up at the riverside was a disaster of epic proportions

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
The worst players in the Premiership are the newly
promoted team-s reserves.
Djemba-Djemba would be a star player for Stoke or
whatnot.

Taibi aswell.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Definitely does NOT deserve to be on this list. Dont mind what other people see, the lad has actually played lots of great games, as well as some bad ones, but still....
Titus Bramble has been brillant this season. 13 clean sheets Wigan have had when he's been in the side.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Exactly. Its just a common misconception that he is shit. Ok, he is no world beater but still, he deserves a a bit of respect. I think I made a thead about him a while ago....Ill have a look!
I heard the other day he was being tipped for an England call-up, he should have been in there instead of King cos at least he's no injury issues

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Exactly. Its just a common misconception that he is shit. Ok, he is no world beater but still, he deserves a a bit of respect. I think I made a thead about him a while ago....Ill have a look!
found it:http://www.manutdtalk.com/forums/football-banter/18786-titus-bramble.html thought it might have gotten more replies...
That's for sure. it's just momentary lapses in concentration that have let him down. Obviously, working with Bruce and his coaching staff have ensured he makes huge leaps and bounds. He's a good footballer and in no way is he as bad as people like to make out.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Okay this is really vague but there was there was a manager who's name I can't remember, of a team I can't remember, in the 90s, who bought a player who was recommended by an agent for a reason which turned out to be a lie... who turned out to be absolutely terrible and was swiftly sold!

I just can't remember the finer details but it was a well known thing!

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Okay I've found out the details!

Somebody CLAIMING to be George Weah rang Graeme Souness - then manager of Southampton - recommending somebody who he CLAIMED was a top Senegalese international with 13 caps. Souness fell right for it and took the striker on, he brought him on as a substitute against Leeds, and after a magnificently terrible 53 minutes took him off again. Two weeks later his contract was canceled. He then signed for non-league Gateshead who quickly transfer listed him. He hasn't been heard of since!

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's Ali Dia, the third player in my opening post :whistling:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts