Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The worst ever Premier League eleven has been named in a survey.

In the brackets is the percentage of votes that person received.

GK:
Massimo Taibi
Backs:
Titus Bramble (38) Jean Boumsong (22) Darren Pea**** (18) and Abel Xavier (21)
Mids:
Eric Djemba-Djemba (26) Luke Chadwick (21) Carlton Palmer (20)
Up-Front:
Lee Dong-Gook (20) Tomas Brolin (19) Diego Forlan (17)

The bad news is Manchester United contribute more players than any to the team.

What would be your Worst EPL XI?

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Forlan
its unfair he was decent he wasn't a flop
he maybe didn't score his first season....but the next season was good/average
and he was young and it was his first european try

that formation is B.S scousers have bough 20 Flop and non are included :mad:
the XI is propabely made by scousers

my XI is

Goalie

Taibie
Defence
Bramble Boumsong Xavier Song Traore
Midfield
Djemba x2 (forgot his name :eek:)
Strikers
Dundee Moriantes Cisse

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Sorry, but Forlan wasn't a flop.

Maybe he didn't score 20-30 goals a season, but his general play was good. I was a big fan of Forlan.

Morientes or Cisse should be in instead of Forlan, as abo said.

I want to know where this team came from, and who voted. :rolleyes:

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
veron...flop. he wasnt a success but most definitely not a flop

agree with the scouser flops tho. remember when senegal did well in world cup and liverpool bought half the team

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
antdevil78 said:
veron...flop. he wasnt a success but most definitely not a flop

agree with the scouser flops tho. remember when senegal did well in world cup and liverpool bought half the team
i didn't want to put him in the squad
but i forgot the name of a midfielder who i want to use in the squad
i will put () instead until i remember his name

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
This is way to hard to work........... you could pick 11 stoke players or derby players frm last year.

we should start again..... naming the biggest money flops and sham them.
sheva, veron, reyes and the likes......... even tho i did like veron

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
jerrakos said:

GK:
Massimo Taibi
Backs:
Mids:
Up-Front:

put balaban instead of forlan and biscan instead of djemba and you have yourself a team..i honestly think djemba wasnt given a chance

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Here's the worst team ever...

----------------------Reina------------------------
Arbeloa-----Carra****---Agger--------Aurelio
Kuyt-------Gerr****------Mascherano-Babel
-----------Torres----------Keane-----------------

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
CROoney said:
put balaban instead of forlan and biscan instead of djemba and you have yourself a team..i honestly think djemba wasnt given a chance
I was going to say Miss-a-lot-o-vic but yeah Bosko Balaban was worse. :cool:

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
jerrakos said:

GK:
Massimo Taibi
Backs:
Mids:
Up-Front:

Er...... I think Forlan was a flop. It doesn't matter how he played, he was bought to score goals and he didn't do that. He did score against Chelsea and Liverpool though, but at 7.5million pounds, surely can be considered a flop. A total of 17 goals in 96 appearances for Man Utd equals being a flop.

Djemba-Djemba wasa flop too, but I can think of others that were worse than him in midfield. Luke Chadwick made a good start to lie in the first team, but just stagnated. I'm not sure he should be considered a flop and he's easily faster than a lot of other players.

My worst prem 11 in a 4-3-3 formation :) :

GK:
Massimo Taibi
Defenders:
Titus Bramble | Jean Boumsong | Philippe Sanderos | Ramon Vega
Mids:
Eric Djemba-Djemba | Salif Diao | Nigel Quashie (relegation expert)
Up-Front:
Lee Dong-Gook | Diego Forlan | Albert Luque |​

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Taibi was nothing to Mark Bosnich. Cant understand why we had him TWICE. :eek:

Taibi made a fool out of himself in United but shown why Fergie brought him to OT when playing in Serie A always playing for poor teams...but Bosnich. :eek:

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
A few who I believe should be included:

-Morientes
-Jose Reyes
-Shevchenko
-Veron

Otherwise I agree with it; Bramble was bound to be there, same with Djemba-Djemba!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
abojodeh said:
weird why no one have Sean Dundee in his XI :confused:
LOL at the song...but your addition made it a hit so no need to thank me ;)

Sean Dundee, oh yeah...well if he had sign for any other then the fools he'd be a flop. He was one of their best strikers. :rolleyes:

OH I hardly remembers him. He didnt do many games for the fools, did he?

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
what about william prunier, Steve marlet and this bloke:

Ali Dia -Southampton

Ali Dia is a former Senegalese footballer who once played for English FA Premier League club Southampton, after falsely claiming to be a Senegalese international.
Having already had a failed trial at Rotherham United, Dia was signed by Southampton manager Graeme Souness in 1996, after Souness received a phone call purporting to be from Liberian international and former FIFA World Player of the Year George Weah. "Weah" told Souness that Dia was his cousin, had played for Paris Saint-Germain and had played 13 times for his country. In actual fact, none of this was true, and the phone call was from Dia's agent. However, Souness was convinced, and signed Dia on a one-month contract.
Dia played just one game for Southampton, against Leeds United on November 21, 1996. He came on for Matthew Le Tissier who was substituted after 32 minutes but his performance was spectacularly below Premier League quality; many would say that Dia was the worst player to ever play for Southampton. He himself suffered a substitution after playing for 53 minutes. Leeds won the match 2-0.
Dia was released by Southampton two weeks into his contract. He briefly played for non-league Gateshead F.C., before fading into obscurity. He has achieved a notorious status amongst English football fans for his lack of ability, and is regularly featured in lists of bad players or bad transfers.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
16-Keano-16 said:
what about william prunier, Steve marlet and this bloke:

Ali Dia -Southampton

Ali Dia is a former Senegalese footballer who once played for English FA Premier League club Southampton, after falsely claiming to be a Senegalese international.
Having already had a failed trial at Rotherham United, Dia was signed by Southampton manager Graeme Souness in 1996, after Souness received a phone call purporting to be from Liberian international and former FIFA World Player of the Year George Weah. "Weah" told Souness that Dia was his cousin, had played for Paris Saint-Germain and had played 13 times for his country. In actual fact, none of this was true, and the phone call was from Dia's agent. However, Souness was convinced, and signed Dia on a one-month contract.
Dia played just one game for Southampton, against Leeds United on November 21, 1996. He came on for Matthew Le Tissier who was substituted after 32 minutes but his performance was spectacularly below Premier League quality; many would say that Dia was the worst player to ever play for Southampton. He himself suffered a substitution after playing for 53 minutes. Leeds won the match 2-0.
Dia was released by Southampton two weeks into his contract. He briefly played for non-league Gateshead F.C., before fading into obscurity. He has achieved a notorious status amongst English football fans for his lack of ability, and is regularly featured in lists of bad players or bad transfers.
I was thinking of this guy too but then I thought. Darn, if you earn your contract like this you're not 'the worst' but if Souness had paid PSG £5M for him and he'd be released after two weeks that would be a classic.

I hope Ali Dia carried on with his career ....in JAIL LEAGUE. His agent could carry on being the manager behind bars too.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts