Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Oooh, good question.

I recently heard reports coming from Italy that a male prostitute had claimed that over 20 Serie A footballers were regular clients of his. The prostitute also said that the footballers were terrified of their sexuality becoming public knowledge and he refused to name any of them.

Although I truly believe that we live in a more tolerant society these days I think it would be very difficult for an openly gay footballer. I have no doubt that he would be a target for fans and I fear that the level of abuse he would get would astonish a lot of people.

Although tbh I do not see why something as private as your sexual preferences should be made public. I think Max Mosley would agree. :D

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
IanDangerously said:
Speaking of the whole Kick Racism thingy, where does the Park song fall within that? I mean it is openly racist against people from the Republik of Korea.

I was going to sing it last night but as I was the only person around me singing and there were a pair of stewards glaring at me, I decided not to. :p
It's not anti-Korean, it's anti-Scouse :p

Besides, they do eat dogs in Korea. How can a factual statement about culinary preferences be considered racist?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Piazza - what about the basketball player Dennis Rodman? He announced he was bisexual and openly visited gay bars when he was playing for San Antonio didn't he?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts