Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
If he could handle the constant abuse then why not?

I doubt anyone would be able to take it though, he'd never hear the end of it.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Sporting4Ever said:
Quite an interesting topic of discussion...
Before I go any further, I'd like to ask anyone here, namely the yanks, if they know of any athletes that compete in team sports, i.e., football, American Rules football ;) , basketball, handball, rugby, any of them, that have come out of the closet?
There was a guy in the NBA who came out (he was from England too...I'm just saying) and for whatever reason it was a huge deal, and Lebron James said some dumb stuff about not being able to trust someone who kept it a secret from his teammates...yeah right :rolleyes:

Oh and there was that guy who played for City...Justin Fashton or something like that. He got arrested in Maryland for raping someone or something like that, I remember hearing about it on the news.

Never mind here's his wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Fashanu

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
reddwarf said:
Piazza - what about the basketball player Dennis Rodman? He announced he was bisexual and openly visited gay bars when he was playing for San Antonio didn't he?
I think that was just a publicity stunt, all his shenanigans were.

There was that English guy who played for the Utah Jazz who wrote his auto about being gay, and it made headlines everywhere, he was on the Daily Show and everything, I can't for the life of me remember his name though.:mad:

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Cappy said:
Yeah, but tennis is far from the the mainstream of the professional sports world.

Also, I believe Amaechi didn't come out til after his playing days were over.
You are correct. But FFS, Magic Johnson has AIDS and he managed, no reason to see why he couldn't have hacked it if he came out of the closet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts