The strength of English sides in this season's Champions Leagues has prompted
AC Milan's Kaka to admit he would consider a move to the Premier League should
he ever leave Italy.

The current World Player of the Year has seen his side struggle in the fading
Italian League while Milan's ageing players were beaten badly by English
competition in the Champions League.

Although he still claims to be happy at the San Siro, Kaka has stated that he
would be interested in a move to one of England's big clubs - which has
obviously led to speculation that he could come to United.

BUT WOULD WE WANT HIM :confused:

There's no doubt that the Brazilian playmaker is one of the greatest players in the
world but I'm not sure where he would fit into the current United side. Since we
play with a strikerless formation involving three free roaming forwards in Rooney,
Ronaldo and Tevez there isn't much space for Kaka in our forward line.

And with the midfield equally congested with players who can pass including
Scholes and Carrick, it's difficult to imagine where Kaka would play - especially
with the emergence of Anderson who could eventually eclipse his Brazilian
teammate.

It would also cost the club an astronomical amount in transfer fees and wages to
tempt the player and, although we are expected to spend again in the summer,
that money has been reserved for priority positions such as a striker and full
back.

I'm also not sure how Kaka's arrival will affect Cristiano Ronaldo with both players
likely to claim the starring role in the side - and Real Madrid have shown us that
collecting the greatest players doesn't necessarily lead to the strongest team.

Then again, Kaka is world class with proven experience of performing in pressure
games and would probably enhance any team that he played for.

Let me know if you can imagine Kaka coming to United ...

And if he did - what would he do ... ?

Where could he play ... ?

How often would he get a game ... ?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
kaka is a great player, a player who can step up a gear in big matches. so as long as he is interested in joining us and we can recruit him at a reasonable price, i believe all the supporters would only be happy. but whether he can adapt to the premiership is a whole other question.

position wise, i believe he has been playing as an attacking midfielder or a shadow striker in a christmas tree formation for ac milan under ancelotti. we may not have a position like that in our current formation, but i believe a great player like him can easily adapt into our system, playing attacking football, or like kaka and rooney once said, brazillian football. our triple threat of ronaldo, rooney and tevez may have been allocated particular positions at the start of the match, but as the match goes on, all three of them are given the license to exploit any weakness in opposition defence, and we also often see rooney and tevez tracking back defending as well. so i believe kaka has the ability to be part of our triple threat with his dribbling ability, creativity and all the weapons he possesses, as well as the ability of a midfielder to track back.
or maybe, fergie would be able to put in a system which all four of the players can play together, who knows? fergie and carlos have already come out with a system to accommodate ronaldo, rooney and tevez at the same time, without jeopardising our defence, as well as fulfilling their attacking prowess.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I think it wuld be a great buy...however it isn't very likely.

At ac milian he has alot of licence to play in a free role, alot more than he would be able to at Man U.

Having him at Man U would have benefits thou...he would garner double-teams from opp defences and would allow Ronaldo to play alot wider more often and from deeper on the field...in more of a true wingers role...as I think he would be of better use to united...espically with KAKA up front! Just my opinion

·
Registered
488 Posts
OMG!!! I finish a long piece of writings over this articles to see my laptop shutdown due to low batt...

In Short... Many of our players this season covers versatile roles so I see no problem having Kaka in the squad. Having him will only be a plus for he had already proven that he's at the range of WORLD CLASS... With Scholes and Giggs on their way to retirement, their wages should be enough to cover his. The astronomical amount in transfer fees I will have to agree with Carly as Kaka has just agreed to an extendsion of his contracts to 2013 a few months back.

The fitting of the attacking midfielder and shadow striker will be rather new to what Sir Alex have been playing over the years but it does offer a better cutting edge on the attacking side. We are definately no Real Madrid who collects expensive players and won nothing... What they lack of is a Master tactician of experience... Sir Alex??? Get behind Schuster!!! If he is to bring in Kaka, there will be a place that fits him well. He will definately get to play as many games as Ronaldo is given, no doubt.

He was the World, Fifa and European Player of the year 2007, top scorer in the 2006–07 CL campaign with ten goals, which proved a catalyst in steering Milan back to European success. This is good enough to prove that he's ability to adapt and play anywhere in the World.

By the way, the title should goes Who Wouldn't Mind Having Kaka???
A well disciplined and skilful player like him will be welcome to anywhere with open arms...

Thumps up for him if he chooses Manchester United...

19 Posts
He will be a fastastic addition into our squad especially our attacking force. any team in the world won't refuse to Kaka into their team.

So here we go if Kaka joins United.

G.Neville.................Rio..................Vidic...............Evra

Ronaldo................Carrick...........Scholes.............Nani

...............................Kaka..............................................

........................... Rooney.................................................

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Of course there would be room for kaka in our team you could fit him any team though i love carrick and scholes and giggs and hargreaves and park he would be in before all of them in all seriousness

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
As good as Kaka is, I'd not take him if we had the chance. Ronaldo, Anderson, Scholes, Giggs, Nani, Park, Hargreaves, Carrick, and Fletcher. Our midfield is stacked. Where would he fit in the midfield? Would he fit in the midfield? Would we play him as a second striker instead, and rest either Rooney or Tevez, or both if we pick up another striker? We don't need Kaka. Plus there's the fact that there's no reason why Kaka would leave Italy that I know of, and if he does leave, how much would it take to let Milan let the FIFA World Player of the Year go?

And we don't need another big player like him either. Our team chemistry is fine the way it is. We don't need to become the next Galacticos team.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
We are lacking a goal scoring midfielder from central midfield. Scholes is in the twilight of his career and Anderson hasn't opened his account yet.

With Kaka's pace he would also provide cover on the wings (I'm sure he's played right-wing for Brazil).

Anderson may start banging them in next season but I think it would be crazy to turn down the opportunity to sign someone of Kaka's quality. People may say he's struggled for form this season but AC Milan are an ageing team who are about to enter a transitional period. I believe the pace and skill Kaka provides would be perfect for our attacking style of play.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
spot on reddwarf.

We have no goals coming from our center midfield, Anderson was bought as an attacking midfielder but he has yet to score and SAF has been using him as defensive midfielder for a while now. So really we have 3 defensive midfielders in Carrick, Hargreaves and Anderson, the only goal threat WAS Scholes, but he's nearing his retirement now.

Kaka is a phenomenal player, any club in the world would have him if they had the money.

Our best set up would probably be

Neville..........................Rio...........................Vidic..........................Evra

Ronaldo.............Carrick/Hargreaves.............Anderson.............Nani

....................................................Kaka.......................................

....................................................Rooney.......................................

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I would love any world class player like him to come to OT. He can replace Scholes in the long run and play a more attacking centre mid and hence Carrick or Hargo dropping deeper to a DMC position. Him right behind Rooney nad having Ronaldo on the wings would be amazing! We would win the CL every season lol He would be a gamble like Veron BUT he is much much better than him and let me remind people he has experience at such a young age and players at younger age can fit in better like Torres has. I also heard he was supposed to sign for us when we signed Ronaldo and Kleberson BUT he did not get a work permit and hence moved to AC Milan. We instead got Kleberson - who did not get a work permit for Arsenal (Gilberto wanted him) and Tottenham and got 3rd time lucky with Man United.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I think he could be the new Scholes he's certainly capable of playing in that type of role..

I wouldn go out of my way to sign him cos we've alot of quality here already, I'd prefer if Anderson became the best in the world instead!

But if he's available we certainly wouldn say no!!!

christianoharleiro said:
Our best set up would probably be

Neville..........................Rio...........................Vidic..........................Evra

Ronaldo.............Carrick/Hargreaves.............Anderson.............Nani

....................................................Kaka.......................................

....................................................Rooney.......................................
I assume this is in the future cos Scholes is still our most important midfield player!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Of course we should sign him he is FIFA player of the year & he haz achieved alot at milan!!!!
after ronaldo he would be the best player in the squad!!! Imagine him, ronaldo,ferdinand, scholes,giggs and anderson in one team !!!:):):)

"It will be difficult for Manchester United to win"
William Gallas
Man Utd 4-0 Arsenal

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I doubt we would ever get him but if the opportunity arose we would have
to consider it. He still is (Ronaldo aside) the best player in the World,
and won all the individual awards last season as well as being the main
reason Milan won the CL.
If he did come to OT, Im sure we would have no problem fitting him in.
Our team would be unstoppable if we had him.

My only concern would be playing Rooney up front on his own.
I think we all know he is better playing off the main striker in the pocket.
Maybe someone like Huntelaar or Villa for example would be a more
appropriate and feasable purchase.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i think we do need kaka......we need that extra bit of skill in CM after scholes leaves us........and everyone must remember how he played against us last in the UCL.....we do need a player like that IMO.......
but doubt it we will get him...but im sure this wasnt meant to be a transfer thread....

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
take him or leave him, we've got ando i'd take him any day and i'd rather have english lads such as rooney carrick hargo scholes
we dont need him even if he is one of the worlds best :) how good it is to say that and mean it :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts