Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without meaning to jump the gun, I know we still have to beat Everton to get to the final. but who would you rather face if we get there? Arsenal or Chelsea?

We have scores to settle with both teams after losing FA Cup finals to them in recent years. Arsenal was the hardest to take because of how dominant we were in the game, the lost on penalties. For that reason I'd rather face them and have the opportunity to get revenge and show them who the real kings of the FA Cup are.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Arsenal for sure, it would be a lot better of a football contest IMO..
Even though we are going to play them another 3 times in the next few weeks anyway..!
Arsenal robbed us a few years back in the final aswell on penalties, when we played them off the pitch that day..
Remember FA Cup Final 2007 against Chelsea - Terrible Game..!
I've a feeling it's going to be a good game tomorrow with a few goals in it and i've a slight feeling Everton will beat us..!

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
don't think there's much difference in it tbh. both will be tough games for us. id prob have to say chelsea because i think if arsenal lose it will knock their momentum down for their games against us because they are on a massive high atm.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
I'd like Arsenal cause:

1) Arsenal United games are always better
2) Better football
3) Chelsea's a harder team to beat atm

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I'm not sure.

Obviously, Arsenal would be a better game in terms of the football and we owe them for 2005, so I'm tempted to say them. But we play them in the Champions League semi's and then in the League in the second last game of the season so the games might get a bit boring.

I'll still say Arsenal though :p

·
23,699 Posts
On the day Arsenal can be as good.
You are dolling up more and more with your avatar. Hmm... ;)

I would be amazed if we 'choose' team to play against. I don't think there is a phenomenon called the Easier Game Phenomenon, especially in a knockout or in a final. For me, both are equally tough to play against and barring luck, whoever "turns up" on the day will be almost certain of clinching it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
To be honest I think that it would be easyer for us to win vs Arsenal but also I think that they have faster players in attack and that`s what I don`t like at all. I would say that it would be better for us to play VS Chelsea in the finale.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I know I'm to late but if I had to pick it would be Chelsea and I'm glad they won! Just so Hiddink knows that United is the best.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
i thought it would be chelsea predicted them to win 2-0 which wasnt far wrong, i don't want to be playing arsenal again and having our season rest upon a succesion of games with them. i also think chelsea still have a weak underbelly and are there for the taking this time. the tough one will be against everton who i rate highly and the job moyes has done there

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Arsenal definitely, Chelsea play boring football and make their opponents play boring football. The FA Cup final should be a spectacle for the fans, and that would be more likely with a game against Arsenal than Chelsea.

Everton is going to be a very, very tough match though and we're anything but guaranteed to reach the final.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts