Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· MUT all-time great
21,930 Posts
red dave said:
Im starting to really like you ;)
Join the club.

I'd never compare anyone to Cantona, or Keane or any other legend, its not fair to any of the parties involved. I like Berbatov, I really do, I think he's fantastic, and you'd never see me slag him, but the persona of Eric is unattainable.

· MUT all-time great
21,930 Posts
PrinceZane said:
You can have it. I'd never admit it in public if I didn't have to :eek:

To get back on topic, as far as attitude, sure. Berba and Cantona are pretty similar. As far as "letting your football do the talking", Cantona by a long shot. But to be fair, give him a season or 2 and ask the question again, maybe we'll be singing another tune :)
I'd take America's military, Canada's beer, Brazil+Argentina's football teams, not to mention with America's current crop of youngsters in a few years, we could be up there.

And as far as attitude goes, I don't remember Berbatov ever running his mouth quite like Cantona did, Berbs actually begged people to stop the comparisons, and to say Eric let his football do the talking is pretty ridiculous, Eric talked as much as he damn well pleased, but he backed it up on the pitch tenfold. Berbatov just keeps quiet and tries to do his thing, and bless him for it. I don't understand how people compare their personalities. Berbs could bang in 35 a year for the rest of his career, and he'd still be less of a legend the Le Roi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.