Discussion Starter #1
i know we discussed Ronaldo V Messi for 446783487634 Times but lets do it again

would you swap ronaldo for messi?
would we have won the CL last year if messi was in our team and not ronaldo

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
That'd really annoy Real Madrid!!! Lol.

Ronaldo was immense last season. He was the top scorer in the Champions League so I doubt we would have won it without him.

Although in terms of future potential I think Messi can only get better whereas I think we may have already seen the best of Ronaldo.

·
Registered
542 Posts
messi atm better dribberler better team player.
i like small players like messi with alot of balence they seem more in control of the ball for instance look at scholes, xavi, david villa david silva most of the spanish side lol.

whereas taller players seem abit less controled when taking on 1v1's

so messi anyday

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
reddwarf said:
That'd really annoy Real Madrid!!! Lol.

Ronaldo was immense last season. He was the top scorer in the Champions League so I doubt we would have won it without him.

Although in terms of future potential I think Messi can only get better whereas I think we may have already seen the best of Ronaldo.
haha
that would surely annoy madrid

but i always had a feeling that messi is a slightly better player but ronaldo scores many goals which is the most important thing

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
If it was up to me and it was for football reasons alone then Id be inclined to swap them .

I have to agree with Reddwarf when he says we have seen the best of Ronaldo . And thats because it cant get any better than last season for him . He was amazing and run the whole of Europe but now he is a marked man being hacked down at every oppertunity .

And the problem with that is that he isnt at good at avoiding tackles as messi . Ronaldo key skill is his ability to play fast play out of his feet very rarely do we see him beat three men with the ball its one and then either a shot or a cross .

So it would be Messi now but two seasons ago when the hunger was burning inside him then it would of been Ronaldo .

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I'd only let Ronaldo go, if we also buy a goal-poacher in the shape of a classic centre forward.

during Ronaldo's current dip in form we have struggled without his goals, so can you imagine the situation if or when he leaves?

I consider both Berbatov and Tevez to be luxury players. Yes, they scored in our last two games, but neither of them are the solution to our problems.

Yes, if or when Ronaldo leaves, I'd take Messi in a heart beat, but only if we bought Ruud van Nistelroy 2.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
RedForceRising said:
I'd only let Ronaldo go, if we also buy a goal-poacher in the shape of a classic centre forward.

during Ronaldo's current dip in form we have struggled without his goals, so can you imagine the situation if or when he leaves?

I consider both Berbatov and Tevez to be luxury players. Yes, they scored in our last two games, but neither of them are the solution to our problems.

Yes, if or when Ronaldo leaves, I'd take Messi in a heart beat, but only if we bought Ruud van Nistelroy 2.

Let me pose this question would you let Ronaldo go if we got Frank Ribery or Benzema ?

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
NO!....ronaldos main assest i think is makin up ground on the counter attack
I know this season everyone is parking the bus, but hes still important to us.
Messi wouldnt fit in, now if were talking ribery then mayb i would consider!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
red dave said:
Let me pose this question would you let Ronaldo go if we got Frank Ribery or Benzema ?
I would let him go if we got BOTH of them.

Ribery could play on the left, Nani on the right & Benzema could partner Rooney .......damn! I need a toilet break now ;)

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
the ronaldo of last season no.....the ronaldo we've been seeing this season a definite yes......messi though may be a step too far unless he really wants to come , think he enjoys life there to much....ashley young would be a good prospect i think

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
scottsati said:
the ronaldo of last season no.....the ronaldo we've been seeing this season a definite yes......messi though may be a step too far unless he really wants to come , think he enjoys life there to much....ashley young would be a good prospect i think

ya actually

they would hold on to him like we did to ronaldo last season

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Last season Ronaldo was, well, incredible as we all saw. His 42 goals and general play was a massive part of us winning the League and Champions League. However, this season isn't going particularly well for him. We wouldn't have been as successful without him last season, even if we had Messi.

Talking about the topic question. Well, I'm getting a bit fed up with Ronaldo and, although I think Ronaldo has more to his game atm, I think Messi will become a better player than Ronaldo.

Would I swap them? Well, I know many will be surprised but I would say no. Why? Well, because I just don't know if Messi would be suited to the Premier League. He would be a star for us in the Champions League no doubt, but it wouldn't be worth the swap if he wasn't to be suited to the Premier League.

If we were discussing swapping Ronaldo for Ribery, I would have no hesitation, especially if we were to buy a striker along with it. As I said in the summer, if Ronaldo was to leave I think we'd need to replace him with a winger and a striker.

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
We have to face the fact that we will be a poorer side if ronaldo leaves and United must sign another great palyer like ashley young. I wouldn't change messi for ronaldo

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
ronaldo is the best player on the planet ,when he performs and for the past 2 seasons he was amazing. when he sulks and behaves like a cry baby he ain't worth having ,sadly he is in that mode at present .
but would messi be any different ! judgeing by some of his dirty spitting antics and cheating he ain't any different to ronaldo , and i would personly stick with ronaldo because form is temporary and class is permanent.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
RedForceRising said:

RFR im getting sick of agreeing with you :p but i agree 100% with that post

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
cantos red army said:
RFR im getting sick of agreeing with you :p but i agree 100% with that post
Canto is the biggest bum licker on here lol!!!!

But a legend all the same !

I could write a post about dog crap and he would totally agree.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
As much as I dislike Ronaldo I think Ronaldo is having a more all around goal scoring ability. Even if we havent seen that that much this season. Free kicks, penalty kicks, left and righ foot and headings...he even tried handballing one game...:rolleyes:

Messi is a pacey little guy but since the last I've seen of Messi is that he's doing pretty much as Ronaldo do, always looks to score himself, there would be a downshifing move to swap the big headed ego from Portugal for the little Argentine. IF/WHEN Ronaldo get his head sorted out and he starts to understand football is a team game and start to feed his team mates with passes rather then to go for a quick finishing to improve his stats I think the club will only benefit from keeping Ronaldo.

But for my own personal view...sell that player NOW!

·
Registered
616 Posts
After last night,yes,it was like he couldnt be bothered and i think if knew Messi was replacing him,why go to Madrid,cos he will win nothing.:D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts