Manchester United Talk banner

Xavi, Van der Vaart

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  hatedastarfish 
#1 ·
Would United be better off signing either one of the two, giggs wont last much longer, same as scholes, that takes alot of the experience out of the midfield, we need another strong miidfielder, Carrick and Fletcher wouldnt be a consitant partnership throughout a whole season. Nani and anderson arent fully ready yet either. Park and Hargreaves, whenever he returns are utility players.

#2 ·
Totally disagree about Anderson, thought he was great tonight and how the hell can you call Hargreaves a utility player? What's the point in splashing out loads of money on another midfielder, we have a great array of talented players, who, by the way, are happy to come in and play when they get the call. Do you think either of those two would be happy sitting on the bench? We need to give our lads more time, and more support

#3 ·
Xavi wont leave Barca, Van der Vaart is trouble.

Personally were set for another year at least in centre midfield. Giggs and Scholes still have another season left. Carrick is a solid player. Fletcher has improved this season alot and Anderson is finally showing some of the form that earned him high praise last season with his good play.

Plus we have Possebon and Gibson starting t come through. Ljajic is on-loan at Partizan and will join up with us in January.

Oh and Hargreaves will hopefully be back fit and raring to boss the midfield next season

#4 ·
United tend to splash out on player not fully worth the amount payed, for instance, berbatov, a great player, but 30million+ and the results, Tevez gives the same and more, and with the young talented strikers United have was there much point buying another one, Im not say berba is a bad player now or anything, and how many games did hargreaves play when he was fit?

#5 ·
I'd love to see Xavi come here mate, but it's not gonna happen..!
As for Van Der Vaart - :laugh: No thanks..!
Our midfield is strong enough at the moment.. I for one can't wait for Hargreaves to come back from injury, as I think he's a hugely important player for us..!
Giggs and Scholes still have another season with us.. Anderson looks to be showing promising signs aswell from his last few performances.. Ljajic coming in January aswell..!

#6 ·
United tend to splash out on player not fully worth the amount payed, for instance, berbatov, a great player, but 30million+ and the results, Tevez gives the same and more, and with the young talented strikers United have was there much point buying another one, Im not say berba is a bad player now or anything, and how many games did hargreaves play when he was fit?
37 appearances in the first team

One big problem that everyone seems to ignore is that whenever Utd come knocking on the door, the money men start rubbing their hands and hike the price, we're always going to have pay over the odds because of our stature.

#7 ·
37 appearances in the first team

One big problem that everyone seems to ignore is that whenever Utd come knocking on the door, the money men start rubbing their hands and hike the price, we're always going to have pay over the odds because of our stature.
That's the thing lot of fans tend to forget when a club signs a player for a big fee. They use it as a big factor in criticism of players who dont live up to the higher expectations the fee can bring. It's not the player who sets the fee, the selling club does.

Carlo, you're making a positive impact here. Good poster and hopefully you stick around:specool:

PS: Some class artwork and photo's on your site mate

#8 ·
37 appearances since we signed him in 2007, i hope to god I'm going to eat my words when he comes back from injury, but so far so bad and 20 odd million could've been put to better use.:blink:

For all its worth, which may not be alot, i think united need one major midfielder, along the lines of Keane, and that could be near impossible to do:(

#9 ·
37 appearances since we signed him in 2007, i hope to god I'm going to eat my words when he comes back from injury, but so far so bad and 20 odd million could've been put to better use.:blink:

For all its worth, which may not be alot, i think united need one major midfielder, along the lines of Keane, and that could be near impossible to do:(
We'll have that when Hargreaves returns;)

#11 ·
Carlo, you're making a positive impact here. Good poster and hopefully you stick around:specool:

PS: Some class artwork and photo's on your site mate
:thumbsup: Thanks mate

What you have to consider is that he only has had 3 appearances this season. He played in 34 last season and I thought he was brilliant, exactly what we need in CM, he's a great Defensive midfielder who will play well behind the likes of Ando. He's good at coming forward, very intelligent and very strong. He's just been really unlucky with his injuries. If we had bought him the season before, then he wouldn't have broken his leg and we would have one of the best midfielders in the world. He had great prospects to become a legend not only for us but also for the national team. I for one want to see him come back to his full potential and beleive (if he stays injury free) that he will.

#14 ·
I don't think both Barcelona and Xavi will be happy about parting ways.

On the other hand, I'd be very happy if we get Van Der Vaart. His class is unmistakable and we don't have a naturally gifted attacking midfielder like him. Furthermore, he won't cost a fortune as he is unsettled over there.

#17 ·
How is he trouble? I think Madrid just isn't the right place for him.
He has had problems with late night drinking and falling out with team mates and now he and Juande dont seem to be on great terms. Also, Madrid would not sell him to us unless it was a cash + VDV for Ronaldo deal IMO.

Dont get me wrong, he's a talented player but I dont think we need another midfielder just yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.