Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it rains, it pours and David Moyes will have a bit of a headache on his hands now.
I guess the upside is he'll get to see what Victo Anichibe is made of, but he won't have a backup.

I guess he'll have to buy some reinforcements in January.

Yakubu out for the season

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4572789,00.html

Achilles tendon injury ends striker's season whilst Saha suffers hamstring tear

Everton manager David Moyes has confirmed that striker Yakubu has been ruled out for the rest of the season and fellow forward Louis Saha will spend a period on the sidelines, following injuries sustained in the victory over Tottenham.

Yakubu had to be substituted early in the first half, only to be replaced by Saha who would later leave the field on a stretcher.

The Nigerian striker now faces a long road to recovery from an Achilles injury and will not return before the Premier League campaign draws to a close in May.

"He's ruptured his Achilles which will keep him out for the rest of the season," said Moyes of his £11.25million signing.

"And Louis Saha has a torn hamstring.

"With the victory we've been hit really hard with injuries and as we know James Vaughan is out for a couple of months minimum already, so we're really short."
Hit really hard

With Victor Ancihebe the only recognised forward left for Moyes to choose from, Everton will be expected to dip into the transfer market come January.

However, when questioned about his transfer plans, the Toffees boss revealed that he doubted the club could afford to invest in more players.

"We don't have great cash and at the moment we certainly couldn't, so we've been hit really hard," he conceded.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Poor old Louis. It was only a matter of time :(
As for the Yak, its bad news alright. Everton will struggle to get into Europe this season.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Sad news to the blue scousers

Yakuba is a great striker and he do allot fot the team

Anichibe is a good lad too but as RFR said he will be their only striker

imo Everton will buy Ste Fletcher

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Jeebs!! Talk about bad luck,after a good result for them this happens,i dont like Everton but i like Moyes,he says it how it is and after the meeting the bloke in my Catering days i can vouch that hes proper sound

Z

·
0 Posts
abojodeh said:
Sad news to the blue scousers

Yakuba is a great striker and he do allot fot the team

Anichibe is a good lad too but as RFR said he will be their only striker

imo Everton will buy Ste Fletcher
They've got the youngster James Vaughan too, but he's no Yak that's for sure.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Ouch! Two quality strikers injured at once.

Sure, Saha's isn't too much of a surprise tbh, as sad as it is. But Yakubu getting injured at the same time and for the length of time is a big blow for Everton.

I'm a big fan of Yakubu personally tbh. I think hes a quality striker, and is good enough to play for the big 4 (Though I'm sure there'd be plenty of people who would disagree with me.)

There'll definitely need to look to the transfer window for help.

Blade said:
They've got the youngster James Vaughan too, but he's no Yak that's for sure.
I'm sure he's injured as well, is he not?

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Blade said:
I don't know to be honest. They're well and truely screwed if he is.
Well, neither of us must have read the whole article;

"With the victory we've been hit really hard with injuries and as we know James Vaughan is out for a couple of months minimum already, so we're really short."
:rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
364 Posts
i honestly feel sorry for everton. Even in the transfer market, they were in for players like cana,naughton, but teams with more money offered better deals.
They are in for a bright swedish prospect,elm, but fulham will probably hijack that deal too.

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,242 Posts
Larrson would be a good move for both club and player, he hasn't got that long left in his career and they are desperate for a short term fill in. I had Vaughan in my Fantasy Football till I heard he was injured, he's got a lot of potential and I think he's on the verge of being a first team regular. Shame about Louis and the Yak. I want Everton to do well, if they do better than City I'd love it.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Larrson would be a good move for both club and player, he hasn't got that long left in his career and they are desperate for a short term fill in. I had Vaughan in my Fantasy Football till I heard he was injured, he's got a lot of potential and I think he's on the verge of being a first team regular. Shame about Louis and the Yak. I want Everton to do well, if they do better than City I'd love it.
02-12-2008, 07:50 AM by Versa

1 - 19 of 19 Posts