Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Don't be ridiculous, it would be impossible to sign him. Everton have only just bought him for £11m and he is on a very long contract. We would have to pay double that to get him, which obviously is too much for a player who has never played in the champions league. Be a bit realistic with your suggestions and think before making pointless threads.

·
Registered
303 Posts
superguy said:
Don't be ridiculous, it would be impossible to sign him. Everton have only just bought him for £11m and he is on a very long contract. We would have to pay double that to get him, which obviously is too much for a player who [/B]has never played in the champions league. Be a bit realistic with your suggestions and think before making pointless threads.

He has played in champions league he scored against us at OT for Haja Split or someone, but i agree good goal score but for money we would have to pay better strikers out there

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
superguy said:
Don't be ridiculous, it would be impossible to sign him. Everton have only just bought him for £11m and he is on a very long contract. We would have to pay double that to get him, which obviously is too much for a player who has never played in the champions league. Be a bit realistic with your suggestions and think before making pointless threads.
^Ditto! In the first place, there's not even a need to dip into the transfer market in search for another striker! Secondly, we are Manchester United, the best football club in the world FFS! If we really had to dip into the transfer market, we only go for the best as we are the best! ;)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
superguy said:
Steady on Superguy.....every member has the right to make a thread,
be it ridiculous or not. I seem to remember you suggesting we sign the
likes of Derbyshire, Kevin Doyle or Owen.......
Not much CL experience in the first 2 lads, is there?

We are all entitled to our opinions and mine is that Yakubu is a better
player than ALL 3 of the ones you mentioned.
The Yak scores buckets of goals and holds the ball up really well, but
is he a player we will or should sign.........in short...NO!!

alto10 said:
He has played in champions league he scored against us at OT for Haja Split or someone, but i agree good goal score but for money we would have to pay better strikers out there
Well remembered and it was Fergie who told 'Arry Redknapp to sign him
up quick smart. So if Fergie thinks he is a class act then.......I guess he is.

·
Banned
28 Posts
I apologise if my email was a bit harsh, don't get me wrong he is a good player. But for the money we would have to pay there are better options. However, to say that Yakubu is better than Owen is incorrect in my opinion. Yakubu has not played for a MEGA club and proved himself at the highest level. Owen scored tons of goals for Liverpool, has won european trophies and is close to being Englands highest ever scorer. He also consistenly scored for Real Madrid when he was given a run of games. He has had injury problems since he joined Newcastle but he is over them now, his movement and sharpness to get into goal scoring positions is back and once he gets a bit more confidence he will start knocking in those chances. Also his contract is up at the end of next season so if Newcastle do not sell at the end of this season he will walk away for nothing at the end of next season. So we will get him for a great price, if you offer them a player in exchange we may not have to pay anything. When I mentioned Derbyshire I was talking about potential not the finished product, you cannot deny that he has great potential. Doyle was fantastic last year, he has not scored as many this year because Reading lost the main creative force in there midfield Steve Sidwell. I believe he can acheive again what he did last season in a team that is creating lots of chances.
Just because we have disagreed on this Jazz 16, I still believe you deserve a payrise for your excellent work. And apologies to manutdman if I was over critical.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
^^^^^^^
Differences of opinion will always occur. Football is all about opinions.
This place would be pretty boring if we all agreed the whole time.
Anyway dont worry about it, and please forget this payrise lark.
I do this for fun and the love of my club...

·
Registered
582 Posts
superguy said:
I apologise if my email was a bit harsh, don't get me wrong he is a good player. But for the money we would have to pay there are better options. However, to say that Yakubu is better than Owen is incorrect in my opinion. Yakubu has not played for a MEGA club and proved himself at the highest level. Owen scored tons of goals for Liverpool, has won european trophies and is close to being Englands highest ever scorer. He also consistenly scored for Real Madrid when he was given a run of games. He has had injury problems since he joined Newcastle but he is over them now, his movement and sharpness to get into goal scoring positions is back and once he gets a bit more confidence he will start knocking in those chances. Also his contract is up at the end of next season so if Newcastle do not sell at the end of this season he will walk away for nothing at the end of next season. So we will get him for a great price, if you offer them a player in exchange we may not have to pay anything. When I mentioned Derbyshire I was talking about potential not the finished product, you cannot deny that he has great potential. Doyle was fantastic last year, he has not scored as many this year because Reading lost the main creative force in there midfield Steve Sidwell. I believe he can acheive again what he did last season in a team that is creating lots of chances.
Just because we have disagreed on this Jazz 16, I still believe you deserve a payrise for your excellent work. And apologies to manutdman if I was over critical.
Good on ya mate, that is very big of you...I applaude you

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
superguy said:
lol no problem

1 - 14 of 14 Posts