Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Year 1993 | Manchester United 3-3 Galatasaray

Manchester and Galatasaray very good team.

ManU and GS This Year to meet.

Your İnterpretation ? ..

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
'Welcome to Hell'
Id rather not meet these punks again in Europe after what happened the last time,
but if we were to meet, I reckon United would won.
Will they meet? I have no idea. Who could possibly know until the draw is made?

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
'Welcome to Hell'
Id rather not meet these punks again in Europe after what happened the last time,
but if we were to meet, I reckon United would won.
Will they meet? I have no idea. Who could possibly know until the draw is made?
isn't this the match when Eric got a red card ?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
If the foregin player rule had been back in 93 as it is now United would have had yet another great night in the European Cups. Back then United could only use 3 non English players had to scratch some awesome players.

Back in early 90's we would rock Europe if we would have been free to use the EU players like today. We would have won another Champions League.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
abojodeh said:
we lost because of the super Galatasaray atmosphere
EH? Lost? We went out on aggrigate that time after messing it up at home with a 3-3 draw...it was a scorless game in Istanbul where the police and security staff were beating up Eric and the team had to stay in the locker room to stay safe from the mob outside.

And as I said, if the rules had been the same as now we would have won another Champions League title. But the rules were not the same. Jean-Marc Bosman hadn't reformed the world of sport back then and Galatasaray got their away goals and went through.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
spellbound said:
EH? Lost? We went out on aggrigate that time after messing it up at home with a 3-3 draw...it was a scorless game in Istanbul where the police and security staff were beating up Eric and the team had to stay in the locker room to stay safe from the mob outside.

And as I said, if the rules had been the same as now we would have won another Champions League title. But the rules were not the same. Jean-Marc Bosman hadn't reformed the world of sport back then and Galatasaray got their away goals and went through.
lost i meant didn't go to the next round

i saw the match (istanbul) on tv few months ago and the players were scared

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
abojodeh said:
we lost because of the super Galatasaray atmosphere
SUPER!!!!? You are definitely not a United fan - who do you really follow?

We lost because of the stupid foreigners rule where Fergie had to drop half his team because they were either, welsh, scottish or irish!

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I remember this part of Keano's book. Stupid set of circumstances, that cost us a European cup. The Manchester derby that took place afterward involved the throwing of Turkish delights by those classy Citeh fans if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
If it was not for the foreigners rule we would have overtaken the scousers for champions league wins by now .
That was one of the most powerful teams we have ever had and my particular favourite

1 - 13 of 13 Posts