Manchester United Talk banner

Is the goal valid?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Keano! said:
Reason I said no goal...

...there us a rule stating that no player may use objects other then himself including
opposing players and posts/crossbars to gain any advantages

Therefore, the player is gaining an unfair advantage...that's my view on it anyways.

It doesnt say anything about teammates? i say if the keeper placed his hands on a teammates shoulders and jumped and pushed off them n scored i think the goal wud stand so going off this i say it should be a goal as just because the players lift the keeper and not the keeper propelling himself there isnt much diffrence to me. so i say goal

but my dad says...

isnt it unfair sportsmanship? u cant catch the ball in your shirt and run with it as thats unfair and wud result in a indirect free kick so the same should happen here?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Keano! said:
I always wondered what would happen in that situation with the ball up the shirt! :p
u bet me to it. just goin to post, why doesn't a goalkeeper put the ball in his jersey and run in to the opposite goal. I can't really think of an offense off hand, maybe shielding.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Damian said:
but my dad says...

isnt it unfair sportsmanship? u cant catch the ball in your shirt and run with it as thats unfair and wud result in a indirect free kick so the same should happen here?
DING! DING! DING! Your dad deserves a cookie.;) That's the perfect example of putting the ball in your shirt. It is Unsporting Behavior, in the attempt to circumvent the rules of play. A yellow card on one of the players should suffice (or technically all three if you are mad enough and big enough of a jerk), with an indirect free kick coming out.

However, I know that it is in one of my rule books about using your own teammate in a ladder, not sure if it is college or high school rules.

·
23,699 Posts
I see the logic in it being Unsporting Behaviour.:)

Much like pushing your team mate ahead of you to connect the ball into an open net? :p

But what if they 'collided favourably' which resulted in a goal? :D

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Collided favorably, fine.

Lifting one or even using one to climb by pushing on their shoulders, not fine. ;)

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Ridiculous situation here !

Its like saying Goalkeepers using their caps to save a goal or Like Keano said Catch the ball in the shirt and run to teh goal ?

Some rule is there surelY ?

NO GOAL !

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I originally thought goal but then the more I read the thread, the more I was persuaded otherwise.

But Cappy knows his stuff about refereeing so I usually side with him anyway! :p

21 - 31 of 31 Posts