Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric Cantona will be taking the 'youngters' that worked on his film 'Looking for Eric' to Cannes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1242545/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/02/08/rio-ferdinand-rewards-kids-starring-in-his-film-with-pep-talk-115875-21107698/

Rio Ferdinand 'rewards' kids starring in his film with pep talk.

Rio Ferdinand's Live the Dream Foundation is a worthy cause.

But the Manchester United star came across as a cheapskate when a newspaper revealed last week how he had arranged for a group of youngsters to work on his Brit flick.

Rio and Chelsea's Ashley Cole are helping to finance a gangster blockbuster starring US rapper 50 Cent.

The article described how "thrilled" the group of 12 were to be rubbing shoulders with stars like Fiddy, Danny Dyer and Rio - even though they weren't being paid for 14-hour shifts.

Instead, their "reward" was a pep talk from Rio and the opportunity to lug around lighting equipment and keep the film crew supplied with refreshments.

Compare that with the treatment United legend Eric Cantona gave to a group of Manchester youngsters working on the Ken Loach-directed movie about the Frenchman's time at Old Trafford.

Cantona's crew were paid £80 a day for an eight-hour shift, fed as much food and drink as they could consume and were taken to a "wrap" party by Cantona.

King Eric also ensured that each youngster will be in Cannes for the film's premiere in May.

Spot the difference !!.
Clue....One of the above is a legend.........

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Rio Ferdinand, is your ego so big you think a few words from you is good enough not to pay some kid for a 14-hour-shift? Dispiccable.

Cantona, you just never fail to keep going up and up in my estimations.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
TheManc said:
Don't see what the big deal is tbh.

If they don't want to do it they don't have to....
The deal is its a matter of respect from a man as rich as Ferdinand is, to pay the boys a fair wage for putting in a 14 hour shift for them.

He wouldn't do a 14 hour shift for free, in fact after being payed 50 grand a week to sit on his arse for 8 months after his stupidity got him suspended, he demanded a new improved contract.

Thats the big deal.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
TheManc said:

Im with you...

I dont think its fair for us to keep comparing players and judging them for every little things they do to them being legend of man utd what more things they do outside of manchester united. Everyone has their own character as a person and we cant expect them to do all the right things always. So now Rio is not a legend because of what he did outside of football and for being a cheap skate? Give rio a break its credit crunch! :p

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
babysenorita said:
Im with you...

I dont think its fair for us to keep comparing players and judging them for every little things they do to them being legend of man utd what more things they do outside of manchester united. Everyone has their own character as a person and we cant expect them to do all the right things always. So now Rio is not a legend because of what he did outside of football and for being a cheap skate? Give rio a break its credit crunch! :p
No ones saying he is or isn't a legend.

And believe me its not the credit crunch for him!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
babysenorita said:
Im with you...

You can't buy class and respect, some have it, some don't !!

Title said it all.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Richie said:
The deal is its a matter of respect from a man as rich as Ferdinand is, to pay the boys a fair wage for putting in a 14 hour shift for them.

He wouldn't do a 14 hour shift for free, in fact after being payed 50 grand a week to sit on his arse for 8 months after his stupidity got him suspended, he demanded a new improved contract.

Thats the big deal.
But they don't have to do it , thats the point.

If they don't like it they can say 'no'.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
i was referring to the cantona legend part ...

All im saying is that we cant expect them to do the same thing cause they are not the same person..futhermore we didnt actually know what the kids role are? They might be there for the whole 14 hours but during that time they might only be used once for no one knows?

Also the kids isnt complaining....so why should we :p

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
babysenorita said:
i was referring to the cantona legend part ...

All im saying is that we cant expect them to do the same thing cause they are not the same person..futhermore we didnt actually know what the kids role are? They might be there for the whole 14 hours but during that time they might only be used once for no one knows?

Also the kids isnt complaining....so why should we :p
Sorry but there's a big difference in not paying the youngsters, sorry but there's a big difference in not feeding the youngsters as much food and drink as they could consume. Sorry but there is a big difference to being given a talk and being given the chance to go to a wrap party.

It's obvious which person each set of youngsters now have more respect for and who they think has class. (and that wont be ever forgotten).

I know what the youngsters roles were since i know quite a few people who were there on both filmings. (which is why i posted the thread as i never go by media crap reports unless i know they are facts).
I know how long both sets of youngsters were employed for, what there roles were and know which legend treated them the best and who intends continuing to do so in Cannes.

I posted exclusive photo's on here from the Eric Cantona filming taken by friends who were there and this forum has also had info/interviews with Eric long before any others. ;) and will continue to do so.

Not having a go at you Siti but some are a lot closer to things than others. ;)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
TheManc said:

Honestly I agree. Now, if Rio had said this this and this and then just gave them a talk, that's different. But if they just assumed stuff, then that's just their own fault for not asking what they were getting out of it.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they did it just for bragging rights anyway. "Guess who I'm working with!"

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PrinceZane said:
Honestly I agree. Now, if Rio had said this this and this and then just gave them a talk, that's different. But if they just assumed stuff, then that's just their own fault for not asking what they were getting out of it.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they did it just for bragging rights anyway. "Guess who I'm working with!"
Try reading the thread and what FACTS are given.
Then...
Read my post above please PZ.
Some people know and some people assume and guess about things.
Good "guess" and "assumptions" but wrong.

By the way i know who the youngsters would sooner be bragging about working with and i think so do most other members on here.

·
HODOR!
7,033 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
By the way i know who the youngsters would sooner be bragging about working with and i think so do most other members on here.
Yeah so do i: Cashley ofcourse:D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts