Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FUMING Manchester United season-ticket holder Lee Cooney last night told Alex Ferguson: “You disrespected us with your Wembley performance.”

Cooney, 32, spent almost £400 on a 440-mile round trip to London to watch his heroes continue their quest for the Quintuple.

But after Sunday’s FA Cup semi-final penalty shootout defeat to Everton, his hopes were left in tatters thanks to Fergie’s choice of a ‘third string’ and a deeply disappointing United display.

Radio phone-ins and internet messageboards began to groan under the weight of fans’ complaints about the manager’s flawed tactics.

Cooney said: “Last week Ferguson laid into Rafa Benitez for being rude to Sam Allardyce and for labelling Everton a ‘small club’.

“Well, this time it was him being disrespectful to me, all our fans, Everton and football in general.

“His team selection was ridiculous and I left feeling thoroughly annoyed. I left home on Saturday morning assuming Wayne Rooney would be unfit and that, maybe, Ben Foster would play. What did we get? A third string full of kids.

“We’re talking about a club trying to lift the Quintuple.

“Well, that chance was thrown away.”

You ripped me off, Alex! | The Sun |Sport|Football

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
All I have to ask the people that are so pissed about this is this:

In case United ONLY won 4 of the 5 titles, which would you prefer loosing:
-FA Cup
-Premier League
-Champions League

I'd wager (there it is again) that virtually all will say FA.
So shut it.

·
Bra-burning feminist
3,918 Posts
1. That's SIR Alex to you, you muppet.
2. Sir Alex doesn's show disrespect to the FA Cup; we've played soooo many games this season and been going in so many competitions that he can't put the same first 11 out every game, it's impossible
3. We're really close in the league to winning it, and Liverpool - our bitterest rivals - are not far behind us. It's VITAL we win the league this year for the club, we have to rest some of our best players for a potentially difficult game against Pompey
4. Rooney, Carrick and Fletch all had knocks and Sir Alex was taking precautions so they'd be ready for Wednesday night against Pompey.
5. Giggs played against Porto and can't play another game in such a short time period these days,
6. Rio, Vidic, Scholes, Berbatov and Tevez were all there and involved, as was Evra. They are 1st string, not 3rd.
7. The kids at United are excellent. The side we put out was strong enough to win.
8. There's no shame in losing on penalties after being denied a stonewall penalty earlier in the game.

Rant over.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
All I have to ask the people that are so pissed about this is this:

In case United ONLY won 4 of the 5 titles, which would you prefer loosing:
-FA Cup
-Premier League
-Champions League

I'd wager (there it is again) that virtually all will say FA.
So shut it.
but why shud people like him shut it, he was hoping to see the top players to play, spent his hard earned money following his time, but instead of seeing the top players he got the third string team...

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,242 Posts
People like this annoy me, not happy unless we win everything. I've been to plenty of games where we lost/drew/fielded reserve players etc. I was over for the Spurs game, where Tosic, Fabio and Chester all got their debuts, and I was delighted to see them play. All I can say is that it's a privelage to be there, although maybe not over the moon when we didn't win but how could anyone accuse Fergie of ripping them off!!! In his reign it's been an honour to be a supporter (it always is for me anyway)

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
but why shud people like him shut it, he was hoping to see the top players to play, spent his hard earned money following his time, but instead of seeing the top players he got the third string team...
People like him should shut up because it was OBVIOUS to everyone, after the team that played at Porto, that the semi would be played with a lot of backups. If Lee Cooney doesn't know enough about football to know that, it's not SAF's fault...

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
People like him should shut up because it was OBVIOUS to everyone, after the team that played at Porto, that the semi would be played with a lot of backups. If Lee Cooney doesn't know enough about football to know that, it's not SAF's fault...
well it wasnt obvious to me that he was playin a second string team, even watching mutv and it wasnt obvious to them either, they thought the first team were playin, you must of been the only person that knew he was playin a second string team so were ya, he must tell you the team the nite b4 does he..

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
If he thinks that this Fergie`s pick was ridiculous, then there's no other way how to take it rather than the fact that this so called fan does not believe in those kids, and the ridiculous adjective was meant to these players. We don't need such ******** at this club, sorry to say.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
well it wasnt obvious to me that he was playin a second string team, even watching mutv and it wasnt obvious to them either, they thought the first team were playin, you must of been the only person that knew he was playin a second string team so were ya, he must tell you the team the nite b4 does he..
No, actually I tell him. No one knows this, but I'm actually United's manager, and have been so since 96, when SAF had a holiday in Portugal and we met. He calls me everyday, about the team's condition, and I give him the setups for each game. He handles the subs by himself...

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
No, actually I tell him. No one knows this, but I'm actually United's manager, and have been so since 96, when SAF had a holiday in Portugal and we met. He calls me everyday, about the team's condition, and I give him the setups for each game. He handles the subs on himself...
haha next time yer talking ask em will he off load berba in the summer mate haha:rofl:

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
haha next time yer talking ask em will he off load berba in the summer mate haha:rofl:
Can't discuss club policies, mate. That's why you only see me speaking hipothetically on those matters, and why I never post on the team setup topics. People would find out soon enough that I was waaay to accurate in my "predictions".

·
Registered
12 Posts
fergie never puts a team out to lose does he an i think his startin team was smart considerin the pitch at wembley is a vast playin surface aint it

he picked the team wit youth an exuberance to keep battlin an with a good work ethic

also the younger players would be definately up for the task as as it was there chance to show wat they can do

it jus didnt come off on the day

fair play to phil neville who was absolutely outstandin an his penalty was so calmly taken to finish off the day

berbas pena was sooooo bad tho

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
most of the players that played on sunday were the players that got us to the semi, Fergie was right to start them... it would have been more ideal to have rooney/ronaldo to call from the bench but so be it... it cost me a fair few quid to go too but i still enjoyed my day despite the disappointing result... the likes of Gibson, Rafael, Foster, Wellbeck etc have now played in 2 big games at Wembley, thiss will pay off in the future believe me!! ALWAYS TRUST FERGIE, and try to look at the positives also... something was always going to give

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
fergie never puts a team out to lose does he an i think his startin team was smart considerin the pitch at wembley is a vast playin surface aint it

he picked the team wit youth an exuberance to keep battlin an with a good work ethic

also the younger players would be definately up for the task as as it was there chance to show wat they can do

it jus didnt come off on the day

fair play to phil neville who was absolutely outstandin an his penalty was so calmly taken to finish off the day

berbas pena was sooooo bad tho
ya i though phil neville was outstanding, he was a great player when at united and has gotten better since joinin everton, hopefully one manc will get his hands on the fa cup, *** on everton:whistling:

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
He's right in a way..! He paid good money to go to an FA Cup semi-final where he was hoping for his team to win.. He might have been disappointed by the starting 11, but the way he's criticised Fergie though is ridiculous..!
A lot of United fans would have been disappointed leaving Wembley on Sunday, but it was the luck of penalties that decided the game in the end.. It wasn't because of a bad team performance or anything like that.. The guy just needs to get over it and move on..!

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
This one time I saw Sir Alex on the street and asked him if he had change for a 10-spot. He said sure, and only handed me a fiver while walking away laughing. You ripped me off, Alex!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts