Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anderson Luís de Abreu Oliveira. So his recent preformances has been nothing special but one forgets how hard it can be for a new player. The culture, language, style of play and weather is very different to what Anderson has played in before.

The fact that he has only played in a few games, you can't be expected to turn Ronaldinho over night.

Anderson has dribbling ability, skills and speed to be magic and score great goals.
He is not at United for nothing because he is something and one of these days he will do something special and you will see a different light !

I watched games of him at Oporto making class runs against the likes of Benfica and Sporting Lisbon. I have seen him play a fair few times for Porto enough to say he is quality and he will only get better.

Give him some time and have a little faith! You'll see!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Anderson's God said:
Anderson Luís de Abreu Oliveira. So his recent preformances has been nothing special but one forgets how hard it can be for a new player. The culture, language, style of play and weather is very different to what Anderson has played in before.

The fact that he has only played in a few games, you can't be expected to turn Ronaldinho over night.

Anderson has dribbling ability, skills and speed to be magic and score great goals.
He is not at United for nothing because he is something and one of these days he will do something special and you will see a different light !

I watched games of him at Oporto making class runs against the likes of Benfica and Sporting Lisbon. I have seen him play a fair few times for Porto enough to say he is quality and he will only get better.

Give him some time and have a little faith! You'll see!
Well said AG!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree............people make snap judgements on players who come from abroad. Ive seen him play and i am confident he will turn on the style! Give him time!

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
I make no judgement but he is coming into Formula One, from Go Karting - he needs to learn how to change gear. Tonight against Roma, when he did come on, he was 2 yards short of pace.

·
Registered
414 Posts
i thought he played his part well when he came on, if giggs released the ball quicker he could have been through nae bother, a couple o times, understandably giggs was slow playin to run the clock. imo andersons just got a taster of what awaits him if he works hard and plays his card right, go anderson, great night and may there be many more

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
i don't think people have slagged him off AG, every body knows he needs time to settle, the points you made are spot on, i just think people expected to see a glimmer of what he's capable of and as yet he hasn't

·
Registered
211 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
i thought he played his part well when he came on, if giggs released the ball quicker he could have been through nae bother, a couple o times, understandably giggs was slow playin to run the clock. imo andersons just got a taster of what awaits him if he works hard and plays his card right, go anderson, great night and may there be many more
I can understand bringing Giggs on, to put his appearences up, but it Nani was in giggs position, he would have played it early and we would have had a oppertunity to relax for the last 5 minuites. Anderson has the potiential, and SAF has the ability to make him a world great.

·
Registered
788 Posts
dovorian said:
I can understand bringing Giggs on, to put his appearences up, but it Nani was in giggs position, he would have played it early and we would have had a oppertunity to relax for the last 5 minuites. Anderson has the potiential, and SAF has the ability to make him a world great.
I dont think that they put Giggs just to put his appearances up, Come on now :confused:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
dovorian said:
you could argue that point of both accounts, did giggs play the ball to late? or did anderson show is inexperience by not holding his run?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I honestly believe that Anderson will become one of the most important signings for years to come for United. Many people see him as a forward player but I think he has shown remarkable adeptness in his short career to play much deeper. He has a credible workrate which people do not give him credit for and is not afraid of a tackle, a point perfectly illustrated by his brief cameo on Tuesday.

This season we have begun to see the interminable decline of United legend Paul Scholes. Undoubtedly the ginger wizard still has much to contribute but United seem to be lacking a a driving creativity from the middle of the park. Putting Carrick and scholes together is currently looking very one dimensional with neither regularly venturing upfield.

Anderson I believe is the perfect fit for the centre of the park and eventually combining him with the workaholic Hargreaves will give united a perfect blend in defence and attack. I am sure that Anderson not only has the all round flair and ability to suceed in this role but he also has the grit and stamina. I for one am excited by the future.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
simonhla said:
I honestly believe that Anderson will become one of the most important signings for years to come for United. Many people see him as a forward player but I think he has shown remarkable adeptness in his short career to play much deeper. He has a credible workrate which people do not give him credit for and is not afraid of a tackle, a point perfectly illustrated by his brief cameo on Tuesday.

This season we have begun to see the interminable decline of United legend Paul Scholes. Undoubtedly the ginger wizard still has much to contribute but United seem to be lacking a a driving creativity from the middle of the park. Putting Carrick and scholes together is currently looking very one dimensional with neither regularly venturing upfield.

Anderson I believe is the perfect fit for the centre of the park and eventually combining him with the workaholic Hargreaves will give united a perfect blend in defence and attack. I am sure that Anderson not only has the all round flair and ability to suceed in this role but he also has the grit and stamina. I for one am excited by the future.
i think we'll see scholes back to his best when he's playing along side hargreaves. while he's playing alongside carrick he has to play deeper coz niether can tackle, as soon as hargreaves is fully fit the leash can be let off scholes, as we all know his best work is dont the final 3rd, and not as a deep playing midfielder

·
Registered
7 Posts
I totally agree......i justed posted something very similar on another thread. But my post was really about Anderson's suitability to that role.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
simonhla said:

Very nice post. I agree except for the part about Scholes' decline. He may be suffering a slight lack of form but as AC9 said he will be back to his best once Hargreaves is back and injury free. Anderson might now be given his chance with both Carrick and OH out for about a month. Anyone know when Fletch is back by the way. I just hope the injuries dont start racking up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts