Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like a lot of supporters, i have been really annoyed this week with ronaldo showing no commitment to the club that has made him the best player in the world, but that a side if he decides he wants to go then i think we should let him if the price is right. But i feel this because Ashley Young the young villa winger/forward imo is the hottest young prospect in the premier league and i think that not only will he get more assists than ronaldo he will also give you a great asset from set pieces aswell, and his goal tally will rise ever year, i just think this boy would be brilliant in our flexible front line and i think his game would really grow and be brought on to another level at united, anyone got any opinions on this ? :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
naa bentley isn't really for me, i dont think he has the pace that the modern game needs, good player in a 4-4-2 but as everyone knows we change our play regularly and i dont think bentley would be a good ronaldo replacement, much prefer ashley young :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah i would agree with that ^^^ but i cannot see it happening, unless ronaldo leaves simply because there are priority positions for example centre foward and right full back, but this would be the signing of the season for me ! he's absoulute class and having watched him a lot at watfprd i cant believe how much he's improved in what 1 and a bit seasons he's the best english talent right now imo :) c'mon fergie get the checkkkk book out :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
theres no doubt ronaldo is better than young, but young is light years better than nani in terms of final ball and his consistancy in the final thrid of the pitch, so what if he costs 18-20m he's a top english prospect, especially when giggs leaves we will need another top draw winger and i have a feeling this boy could do it at ot, he'd be a dream of a buy for us this summer imo

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
united og, all opinions are valid mate, but he is very pacey he can play down the middle or on either wing, he's a real talent :) the threads just looking at possiblilties to who could come in if ronaldo went:)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
imo it's out of him and Arshavin to take Ronaldo's place if and when he leaves, hey we could get both with all that money we'll be getting :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
jazz mate, Ronnie and Bentley are in completely different leagues, there worlds apart in terms of ability and influence on a game, we all know how arrogant Ronaldo can be and is most of the time but we let him off because he is so effective in an important moment in a game, Bentley is being kept out of the england team by the ageing David Beckham, i cant see us fans letting Bentley off if he brought his arrogance to Old Trafford because quite simply he isn't good enough, i've noticed on this forum some hate Bentley and some love him ... for me Ashley Young would get my backing everytime ... Bentley on the other hand i'd really hate to see him at united, granted he can cross a ball but with a lack of pace and a bad attitude i wouldnt be excited to see him at OT :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
no to be fair Ronaldo is more arrogant, but my point is he gets away with it simply because he is the best player in the modern day, Bentley on the other hand is a second rate, poor man's David Beckham ...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
NoxiousD said:
How is Ronaldo more arrogant? Ronaldo wasn't allowed to even speak to the press during his first 3 years at the club, hardly being arrogant then was he?

Bentley is forever known to be saying he is best at his club, playing at wrong international level etc
How isnt't Ronaldo more arrogant more to the point, he couldnt speak to the press simply because he couldnt speak the language for one, but you could always tell from the very first day he had that certain arrogance about him, it's not bad if it's controlled imo, for instance Cantona had it in abundance. And it's the arrogance on the pitch that Ronaldo has always had if you go to OT and watch him you can see it if a move doesnt work out he will throw his arms in the air and show his attitude problems, and when he scores he celebrates on his own as if nobody else is good enough to celebrate with him, that how he's more arrogant than Bentley, but hey he's light years ahead of Bentley talent wise so i can accept that if he stays :) and dont you worry mate, Ronaldo believes he's the best player at united dont be fooled ...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
yeah i agree ^^^ i also would say he'd have the persoanlity of Giggs and wouldnt be tempted to go abroad or to another club if he came to United, he's a fantastic young winger and at this age to come to a club like United it would be perfect for him :) his end prduct is what amazed me last season !

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Wazza i agree, i think he would be superb addition anyway, weather Ronaldo stays or goes i think he would be a major plus for us, has the ability to become a brilliant top class winger.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
lol, instead of successfully operating on his ankle, they should of let a few stretford enders loose on his bloody ankle ! greasy tart, sell him

1 - 17 of 17 Posts