Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
I've read various statements over the past few weeks,nothing really gives any light on the situation.One from his God-Father stating that :-"I believe Cristiano has taken a decision that he is going to Real Madrid, but he is not going to reveal it until after the European Championship," Sousa told the Daily Express.

"Cristiano knows that Madrid are a club to which you can never say no. History shows that you can lose the opportunity, and for that reason he is not going to say no to them.

"There are very few people who can say they have the capacity to make their lifelong dreams reality, but Cristiano is in this group of chosen people.

"Cristiano has always told me that his objectives in England were to win the Premier League and the Champions League.

"Now that he has done that, he has nothing left to prove. He knows he needs a new challenge.

"He feels his experience in Manchester has made him stronger. But above all, he knows that a train like Real does not come along every day and he would be stupid to miss it."(source-Skysports.com)

On the other hand there is this article (again from skysports.com) :-

Predrag Mijatovic has quashed rumours that Real Madrid have already reached an agreement with Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Primera Liga champions have been chasing the Manchester United winger for some time, with hardly a day going by without the Portuguese ace being linked with a switch to the Spanish capital.

Real have done little to dampen the furore surrounding the proposed record-breaking deal, but sporting director Mijatovic insists that no agreement between the two parties has been put in place.

"He is an objective, but we cannot do anything if his club do not want to part with him," the former Real striker admitted in Diario de Noticias.

"At this time we do not have anything with the player."

Rules

United have grown increasingly restless at the constant speculation surrounding their star turn, even threatening to report their Spanish counterparts to Fifa should they refuse to back down in relentless attempts to unsettle the Portugal international.

Real president Ramon Calderon assured the Red Devils during the week that they were "not going to influence any player to break their contractual relationship", and Mijatovic has also insisted that the club have no intention of breaking transfer regulations.

"At this moment Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the best in the world, a fantastic player and it is clear that we are interested," he said.

"But he has a team and never will we go against the rules of Fifa and Uefa."

To me it seems,like alot of top flight players,speculation whizzes around like a swarm of locusts,but the fact is until Sunday 10th August when we play Pompey,none of us will know where Ronnie will be next year.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Young is a very good player, no doubt.

But he is not as good as you all say. Yes, hes very good, but imo hes not gonna be World Class, and I don't think hes quite good enough to play at the very, VERY highest level.

Bentley and Young are on a par imo, but I wouldn't want any of them.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
theres no doubt ronaldo is better than young, but young is light years better than nani in terms of final ball and his consistancy in the final thrid of the pitch, so what if he costs 18-20m he's a top english prospect, especially when giggs leaves we will need another top draw winger and i have a feeling this boy could do it at ot, he'd be a dream of a buy for us this summer imo

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
is young really that good? He seems really clumsy to me the few times i've seen him dribble with the ball. He doesnt seem very quick either. I could be wrong because his balls into the box from crossing and dead ball situations seem very impressive but i'm sure nani has more potential! I hope anyway with him being at united!

pz!

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
^^dude i could be totally wrong, im sure you have wayyyyy more knowledge than me about the lad but from the little ive seen of him, it looks like his leanin way to low in the ball when he runs...like he crouches too much and looks like his gonna fall alot and he doesnt seem very quick to me...like gabby agbonlahor is quick...maybe its because i've not seen enough of him...dude put it this way...right now, id take your opinion on him over mine but from what the little ive seen of him, that what i thought.

pz

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
love to see young in utd shirt. unselfish, tricky, great crosser, pacy, has vision on field
the ronaldo thing is becoming nonsensical. whether he is here next season, i would love to see young here.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
united og, all opinions are valid mate, but he is very pacey he can play down the middle or on either wing, he's a real talent :) the threads just looking at possiblilties to who could come in if ronaldo went:)

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
I would definatly go for Young, i said in another post....If RONNIE goes to spain hes just a money grabber not a 'DREAM' grabber....Young is a great player, and also the better he gets the better for england because i think young is what england needs...some pace and trickery in the team, all weve got is joe cole and SWP :(

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
United_OG said:
^^dude i could be totally wrong, im sure you have wayyyyy more knowledge than me about the lad but from the little ive seen of him, it looks like his leanin way to low in the ball when he runs...like he crouches too much and looks like his gonna fall alot and he doesnt seem very quick to me...like gabby agbonlahor is quick...maybe its because i've not seen enough of him...dude put it this way...right now, id take your opinion on him over mine but from what the little ive seen of him, that what i thought.

pz
He's anything but clumsy, top assists in the league last year, even from a team like Villa who don't score too many...

And he's only really outpaced in the league by Agbonlahor, Lennon and Walcott

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
imo it's out of him and Arshavin to take Ronaldo's place if and when he leaves, hey we could get both with all that money we'll be getting :)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Young is good.........He can be a great winger....with aston villa he can assist and score lots of goal............But what if young snub ManUtd...........Lets go for another option.....David Bentley stated he want out of Balckburn.....that's an opportunity.............

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Young is a class act and Bentley is a great player.
Everyone keeps going on about how arrogant and co.cky he is....
Who cares? Look at Ronaldo ffs. He is the most arrogant of them ALL,
and he did superbly for us (in last 2 seasons)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
jazz mate, Ronnie and Bentley are in completely different leagues, there worlds apart in terms of ability and influence on a game, we all know how arrogant Ronaldo can be and is most of the time but we let him off because he is so effective in an important moment in a game, Bentley is being kept out of the england team by the ageing David Beckham, i cant see us fans letting Bentley off if he brought his arrogance to Old Trafford because quite simply he isn't good enough, i've noticed on this forum some hate Bentley and some love him ... for me Ashley Young would get my backing everytime ... Bentley on the other hand i'd really hate to see him at united, granted he can cross a ball but with a lack of pace and a bad attitude i wouldnt be excited to see him at OT :)

21 - 40 of 63 Posts