Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hypothetically speaking, if ronaldo leaves this summer who would you like to see as his replacement Young or Ribery and why?

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Ribery's the better player, but Young isn't as injury prone as Ribery.

Young's English as well, and will know how big United are. Will no doubt already know quite a bit of United history, just by living in England and playing against us.

Young can play both sides and probably an option through the middle too.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Ribery is better, alot better. But young is improving each game more than anyone i've ever seen.
Ribery now, but you isn't far behind!!!

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Young is very good, and creates alot of goals with his crosses, but Ribery just seems made for United if you ask me.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
umm, Ribery, because he's already better established in the international world, and i just think he brings more to the plate than young

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Ribery>Young Fact....
but Stephen made a great point about Young being English.
tbh Id take either if they were going!!!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I would much rather have young, he is a fair bit younger than ribery and i think for his age he has shown more promise. He is also another young english player which is good for united and as mentioned before doesn't seem like one to get injured alot.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
major point in favour of young is ribery has been round while now and he's good but i dont quite think hes totally hit the heights expected of him, young is still young and the progress he continues to make is amazing.....i don't think he is going to be one of those young players who goes off the rails or who doesn't live up to their potential - young is the real deal

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
I would much rather have young, he is a fair bit younger than ribery and i think for his age he has shown more promise. He is also another young english player which is good for united and as mentioned before doesn't seem like one to get injured alot.
They are only 2 years apart to be fair. I always thought Young was way younger than he was.:confused:
Ribery isnt exactly injury prone to be fair. He broke his leg which can happen.
Its more bad luck than anything. Young is a really amazing player but I think
Ribery is in a class of his own. Easily one of the top 10 best players in the world.
He has all the attributes including a fierce determination to win. Ribery for me.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Jesus Ribery is another planet to Young and that isnt being ****ty on young he is a great player but Ribery is one of the worlds best.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Ribery all day long.

The man is a very intelligent football, with creativity, vision and the ability to execute.

he can play on the left or behind the strikers.

A lot of times he cuts in from the left and joins the attack, causin havoc. A top, top player.

Young is also very good, but I would pick Ribery at the moment.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
People seem to forget a few things though one ribery did nothing at galatasaray, he has been playing in weaker leagues than ashley young as well, i have no doubts ashley young could tear up the french league with not many problems.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
People seem to forget a few things though one ribery did nothing at galatasaray, he has been playing in weaker leagues than ashley young as well, i have no doubts ashley young could tear up the french league with not many problems.

Ribery is a proven international he isnt hype he is a great player.

Young is good but rough around the edges .

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
red dave said:
Ribery is a proven international he isnt hype he is a great player.

Young is good but rough around the edges .
i take it you didn't read my post :rolleyes: , where did i say anytihng about him being hype he is obviosuly a very good player but he has only recently moved to a bigger league and a league that is not to the standard of the premiership. I rate ribbery quite highly but i think ashley young will turn out to be a better player that is my opinion and i have given reason.

·
Registered
734 Posts
to be honest i havint seen much of Ribery only the odd clips and obviously he looks good in them but i havint seen him play a full 90mins in a while but if ye reckon hes that good thats fair enough as i think that Young is a quality player and would love it if we bagged him.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
RIBERY RIBERY RIBERY!!!FOR ME!!!! he's far better than young..you can compare young with him...young is to overrated. while ribery is world clas

1 - 20 of 43 Posts