Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with utd in pretty abysmal form of late we really need our strikers to stand up and be counted but while rooney has shone both tevez and berbatov have not really delivered a lot at all.
yet young macheda has entered the last 2 games with about 20 minutes left and made a massive contribution , even wellbeck looked more dangerous than the departing tevez {villa game}
i know the superstars have had injuries over the last month but neither are making a lot of difference for utd especially in the prem and these 2 kids have got more fight ,bite and hunger about them and if i had to bet on them getting utd a goal my money would be firmly on the kids at this moment in time ! maybe utd should take the gamble and start with 1 of them it might even shock the superstars back into top form in certainly won't make the attack any worse .:thumbsup:

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
I find that pretty normal, young players are always hungry for success and willing to shine and impress the gaffer. That unknown Kiko has stepped up a level and proved his worthiness the same we can say about Wellbeck, he has definitely proved we`ve got quality in these youngsters. Its up to us to work that potential they possess, and up to themselves to keep their feet on the ground and work hard to achieve. Let`s be realistic tho, and overrate no one. I remember Eagles quite clearly myself, that goal v Everton and that decent pre-season he had but he did not make it here.
What`s more great is the fact that these 2 (Wellbeck& Kiko) are unknown to the opposite opponents, so it`ll be more difficult to track then other players like let`s say Carlitos or Berbatov.

They deserve to be where they are, let`s take care of these both gems.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I find that pretty normal, young players are always hungry for success and willing to shine and impress the gaffer. That unknown Kiko has stepped up a level and proved his worthiness the same we can say about Wellbeck, he has definitely proved we`ve got quality in these youngsters. Its up to us to work that potential they possess, and up to themselves to keep their feet on the ground and work hard to achieve. Let`s be realistic tho, and overrate no one. I remember Eagles quite clearly myself, that goal v Everton and that decent pre-season he had but he did not make it here.
What`s more great is the fact that these 2 (Wellbeck& Kiko) are unknown to the opposite opponents, so it`ll be more difficult to track then other players like let`s say Carlitos or Berbatov.

i am not overrating them , i just mean should we use them now when they are showing some fight and would probabley get some more goals to help our quest for number 18 or should we stick with the strikers who are clearly not getting the goals they should be scoring ?
the superstars would still be on the bench and it would be a massive kick up their backside to get them performing to their capeabilities , if utd keep playing this way the league will be lost because we are struggling big time , i say let the kids guide us home and normally i would be dead against it but i just cannot see any spark up front for utd and drastic action should be taken and fergie might just take the gamble.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Welbeck is well due a run in the first team. He's already proves he's got the potential to shine on the big stage and since the rest of our strike force aren't exactly "banging" them in it's worth a try.

Rooney is the only one who always looks dangerous. Teves is one of my fav players but he isn't a heavy goal scorer. As for Berbatov, complete waste of money.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Well, the regulars have had a long season, so they're more exausted, also, they're more predictible, since the opposition have more knowledge about them. The youngsters have hunger for play time and are anxious to perform, they're not as exausted and they're unknown factors, meaning their qualities and abilities are largely unknown. That's what you need in your squad, as well, some young blood that can come in with a desire to perform when your regulars are tired and not delivering.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
i am not overrating them , i just mean should we use them now when they are showing some fight and would probabley get some more goals to help our quest for number 18 or should we stick with the strikers who are clearly not getting the goals they should be scoring ?
the superstars would still be on the bench and it would be a massive kick up their backside to get them performing to their capeabilities , if utd keep playing this way the league will be lost because we are struggling big time , i say let the kids guide us home and normally i would be dead against it but i just cannot see any spark up front for utd and drastic action should be taken and fergie might just take the gamble.
i never said you were overrating them :confused: Was talking in general, as i usually do.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i never said you were overrating them :confused: Was talking in general, as i usually do.
roxi i have been asking myself that very question ! am i overrating those youngsters and i don't think they will be worldclass players far from it but the youngsters do look more lively and deadly inside the penalty area and utd desperatley need goals at the moment , we are still in a very good position but one silly defeat will see put the team and fans under severe pressure .

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
roxi i have been asking myself that very question ! am i overrating those youngsters and i don't think they will be worldclass players far from it but the youngsters do look more lively and deadly inside the penalty area and utd desperatley need goals at the moment , we are still in a very good position but one silly defeat will see put the team and fans under severe pressure .
Noticing someone`s ability and potential is something, and overrate them is something totally different. Those lads made enough to make us talk all positive about them, can`t blame ourselves for letting our imagination spread a little bit ..
i`d say let`s give them their time to evolve even more, and as much as we should not over rate them, we shouldn`t start slating them after having a rough period as this is an expectation from everyone ..

Other than that, i`d say they`re great talents we should take care of :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

i totally agree. i couldn't have said it better. The share of luck has played it's part, but these things are normal. It's nice to see Macheda score, even though it was a lucky goal, but we also saw Welbeck scoring a lucky and cracker goal against Stoke. I realy hope they'll end up being untouchable players at United, but that's a long way till that happnes. Let's take it slow, and not get overwhelmed. Realy hope that these 2 goals won't get to Macheda's head. Balotelli at inter is a good example, of being realy realy arrogant after showing such good qualites at such a young age.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Welbeck is well due a run in the first team. He's already proves he's got the potential to shine on the big stage and since the rest of our strike force aren't exactly "banging" them in it's worth a try.

Rooney is the only one who always looks dangerous. Teves is one of my fav players but he isn't a heavy goal scorer. As for Berbatov, complete waste of money.
What statement was that ? He's the most assist player in manutd squad...:thumbsdownsmileyani

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts

I can`t take you serious by that :thumbsdownsmileyani

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I knew it would be biased from the moment i read "the departing Tevez"
the departing tevez MEANT in the game not leaving utd . but from what he offers utd in the goal scoring stakes he really ain't worth keeping , do you really believe tevez is a world class striker because he does'nt seem to score many for 30 million pounds.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
regarding tevez, this season he has been all about workrate when he gets his chance he hasn't looked deadly in front of goal at all-but can you blame him??

last season working up front in tandem with rooney as a first choice the guy was great and WE were great- trophies tell us that. the main problem tevez has had this season is playing second fiddle to berba and not being able to continue his partnership up front with rooney, coming on here and there and playing in cup matches hasn't given him the chance to continue last seasons form

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I knew it would be biased from the moment i read "the departing Tevez"
and another thing who am i biased towards :confused:,utd i suppose because i support the team and certain players just ain't performing to their capeabilities i am afraid . tevez and berbatov spend so much time in the middle of the park while these youngsters seem to head for the box and they look more likely to score a goal just by that simple fact alone . utd desperatly need to score goals at this crucial stage of the season and we seem to be suffering from stage fright and young macheda seems a very good option at this moment in time .

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
the departing tevez MEANT in the game not leaving utd . but from what he offers utd in the goal scoring stakes he really ain't worth keeping , do you really believe tevez is a world class striker because he does'nt seem to score many for 30 million pounds.
This is exactly what i'm saying about Berbatov. He's been at the club for long enough now and still he hasn't produced the sort of form and amount of goals his price-tag £30Mill demands.

You look at strikers like Torres and when injury-free this guy is scoring heavily, something our club lacks right now. As a striker your main priority is to get in good positions and score goals, Berbatov can't seem to do this for us, maybe he'd be better suited going back to a lower quality club.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Can i just say something about this whole Berbatov debate that people are going on about?

people are saying he is lazy and he's not working hard enough he is so lazy and then when he tracks back and is not in the box you want him to be up top and score goals? what do you want from him? he can only do one of these things he is not superman believe it or not!

has he been worth his 30+ million price tag? no not really but that's football the price was stretched to the limit because it was deadline day and we were desperate to sign him and city wanted him too so Spurs milked it for all they could!BTW look at his stats this season he has gotten into double figure's for scoring and for assists not exactly a bad return isit?

anyway that's off topic but ya i think Macheda deserves a run of games iin the first place and i think Berba would thrive off him tbh it would be like his partnership with Keane at spurs i think! also it would mean we would have a striker up top and that would allow Berba to drop deep and get involved in the game like he loves to do! it would also mean that Rooney could solve our left wing problem for this season anyway!

on a side note can Macheda be given a medal for his contribution or am i dreaming that you can give out two medals to player's who didn't qualify to get one due to lack of games?

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
good post fa

its expected kids will always have that hunger because they wanna shine and they wanna get their name out there and have never won anything before. but berbas never won the league so im shocked he isnt bending over backwards to do so. but he has still kept me happy this season. bagged some important goals and is creating so much. against sunderland yesterday for scholes goal. the way he took the ball down and find space to lay it off to rooney for the cross was magnificent. still a great contribution to our team.

as far as starting kiko. i think it will be to big a gamble in the long run to just whack him into the first team for 90 mins already. a 17 year old needs to be introduced slowly. but welbeck for sure deserves 1 or 2 starts but i think the pressure is to high atm for a 1st team start for even him as if it doesnt go right the critics will be. why start welbeck when we have say berba, tevez or rooney

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
with utd in pretty abysmal form of late we really need our strikers to stand up and be counted but while rooney has shone both tevez and berbatov have not really delivered a lot at all.
yet young macheda has entered the last 2 games with about 20 minutes left and made a massive contribution , even wellbeck looked more dangerous than the departing tevez {villa game}
i know the superstars have had injuries over the last month but neither are making a lot of difference for utd especially in the prem and these 2 kids have got more fight ,bite and hunger about them and if i had to bet on them getting utd a goal my money would be firmly on the kids at this moment in time ! maybe utd should take the gamble and start with 1 of them it might even shock the superstars back into top form in certainly won't make the attack any worse .:thumbsup:
What did you expect from Tevez in the Villa game? He had only returned to England from Bolivia on Friday afternoon :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What did you expect from Tevez in the Villa game? He had only returned to England from Bolivia on Friday afternoon :rolleyes:
well he did not seem to do much in the bolivia game either , they lost 6-1 . and they only play a game of football not a 12 hour shift with a shovel in their hands :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts