Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could create a match where two teams consisted only of Man Utd players past and present and who were all in their prime, what would it look like?

The teams would be managed by our two Knights, of course. :)

Mine would have the following:

Schmeichel

Parker - Bruce - Stam - Irwin

Beckham - Keane - Scholes - Sharpe

Law - v. Nistelrooy

vs

Rooney - Cantona

Giggs - Best - Robson - Kanchelskis

Evra - Vidic - Ferdinand - Neville

VDS​

In one team, you would have Becks supplying monster crosses to the most prolific, as well as lethal finishers this clubs has ever seen. In midfield, we'd have possibly the two best central midfielders this clubs has ever seen pulling the strings and Lee Sharpe on the left.

The second team would be able to counter lightning fast with with Rooney, as well as Giggs and Kanchelski on the wings. Also, Giggs had a great understanding with Canona and Gerge Best would do the rest.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
1. Schmeichel
2. Irwin
3. Neville
4. Bruce
5. Vidic
6. Keane
7. Best
8. Scholes
9. Giggs
10. Charlton
11. Cantona

1. Van der sar
2. Evra
3. Dunne
4. Pallister
5. Ferdinand
6. Stiles
7. Coppell
8. Robson
9. Ronaldo
10. Law
11. Solskear

Subs

1. Alex Stepney
2. Stam
3. Parker
4. Kanchelskis
6. Ince
7. Van nistelrooy
8. Rooney

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
1. schmeichel
2 neville
3 irwin
4 foulkes
5 crerend
6 edwards
7 best
8 stiles
9 charlton
10 turnbull
11 merideth

1 stepney
2 dunne
3 evra (swap the above around when necessary0
4 bruce
5 pallister
6 keano
7 beckham
8 scholes
9 Ruud
10 rooney
11 giggs

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
scottsati said:
1. schmeichel
2 neville
3 irwin
4 foulkes
5 crerend
6 edwards
7 best
8 stiles
9 charlton
10 turnbull
11 merideth

1 stepney
2 dunne
3 evra (swap the above around when necessary0
4 bruce
5 pallister
6 keano
7 beckham
8 scholes
9 Ruud
10 rooney
11 giggs

I like the way you kept becks and giggs as there same number but where the hell is Cantona!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
red dave said:
I like the way you kept becks and giggs as there same number but where the hell is Cantona!
the enigmatic frenchman couldn't make the game sadly as he was acting :)

no really cantona is tops but im trying to include a bit from every era and there was always going to be a casualty.....couldnt find space for robson t.taylor,ole, etc etc

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
---------------------Schmeichel
Edwards------------Stam--------Johnsen-----------Irwin
Beckham----------Keane(C)--------Scholes---------Giggs
---------------------------Cantona
--------------------------Van Nistelrooy

Versus:

-----------------------Stepney
Neville------------Vidic-------------Bruce--------------Evra
Best---------Robson(C)--------Ince--------Ronaldo
------------------------------Rooney
-----------------------------Law

Subs:Van Der Sar, Kanchelskis, Sheringham, Solskjaer, Coppel, ahh **** it, you get the idea.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Mark Bosnich; Rafael, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Fabio; George Best, Poborsky, Anderson, Ronaldo, Cantona, Van Nistelrooy.

Peter Schmeichel; Denis Irwin, Jaap Stam, Bruce Pallister, Patrice Evra; David Beckham, Paul Scholes, Bryan Robson, Ryan Giggs; Dwight Yorke, Andy Cole.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
PeeJay said:
Mark Bosnich; Rafael, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Fabio; George Best, Poborsky, Anderson, Ronaldo, Cantona, Van Nistelrooy.

Peter Schmeichel; Denis Irwin, Jaap Stam, Bruce Pallister, Patrice Evra; David Beckham, Paul Scholes, Bryan Robson, Ryan Giggs; Dwight Yorke, Andy Cole.

Mark Bosnich :confused: :confused: You're not being serious are you?

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
GK: Schmeichel
RB: Neville
CB: Ferdinand
CB: Vidic
LB: Evra
MR: Beckham
MC: Scholes
MC: Keane
ML: Giggs
SC: Rooney
FC: Van Nistelrooy

GK: Van Der Sar
LB: Irwin
CB: Bruce
CB: Pallister
RB: Parker
ML: Best
CM: Robson
CM: Charlton
MR: Ronaldo
SC: Cantona
SC: Law

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
PeeJay said:

Mark Bosnich , Dwight Yorke , Rafael , Fabio , Poborsky

Starting with Bosnich considering he wasnt with us long and that he was crap he shouldnt be there . Dwight Yorke was part of the treble team and apart from the first season he never performed to that high standard again. Rafael and Fabio may well make this kind of thread in 10 years if they both play to a high standard . And as for Karel Poborsky great player else where but he was a total disaster at United.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Schmeichel
Rafael
Ferdinand
Pallister
Irwin
Ronaldo
Keane
Scholes
Giggs
Van Nistelrooy
Law

VDS
Neville
Vida
Bruce
Evra
Best
Charlton
Robson
Beckham
Cantona
Rooney

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
red dave said:
Mark Bosnich , Dwight Yorke , Rafael , Fabio , Poborsky

Starting with Bosnich considering he wasnt with us long and that he was crap he shouldnt be there . Dwight Yorke was part of the treble team and apart from the first season he never performed to that high standard again. Rafael and Fabio may well make this kind of thread in 10 years if they both play to a high standard . And as for Karel Poborsky great player else where but he was a total disaster at United.
I don't remember anybody saying we should put the best players in.
If it were so then obviously some players wouldn't be there.

But seing as it's our "dream" weekend, I'll put in who I'd like to see,
not who I think would be more competitive.

Thankyou.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
RedForceRising said:
I'm starting to see that we should ignore PeeJay. He's like Dennis Wise and could start an argument in empty room :rolleyes:
Oh, so I'm starting arguments by stating who I'd like to see in an All-Star
weekend.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
PeeJay said:
I don't remember anybody saying we should put the best players in.
If it were so then obviously some players wouldn't be there.

But seing as it's our "dream" weekend, I'll put in who I'd like to see,
not who I think would be more competitive.

Thankyou.
Well then if thats the case I do apologise and hope you have a lovely evening or whatever time it is where you are.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^Berbatov08 - you sure like Rafael don't ya?!

Noticed before on another thread that you probably think he;s going to be the best thing since...... man united ;)

Nice to see Charlton get into a team.

As a younger fan, I don't get to see too much stuff about Charlton. It's usually all about best from that period and a bit about Law, who's finishing was amazing.

Charlton would be handy though. He could bomb forward from midfield and score a rocket or two for sure.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
RedForceRising said:
^Berbatov08 - you sure like Rafael don't ya?!

Noticed before on another thread that you probably think he;s going to be the best thing since...... man united ;)

Nice to see Charlton get into a team.

As a younger fan, I don't get to see too much stuff about Charlton. It's usually all about best from that period and a bit about Law, who's finishing was amazing.

Charlton would be handy though. He could bomb forward from midfield and score a rocket or two for sure.
From what I see of him Charlton was awesome, so graceful, and yet had a shot like a bullet.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PeeJay said:
Oh, so I'm starting arguments by stating who I'd like to see in an All-Star
weekend.
No, not because of that, but because you consistenly make poor posts that incure other member's ire, because you make condescending posts and because you're a hypocrite.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haggler said:
i lost all respect for anybody that could not find a place in either side for bobby charlton .
haggs.... a lot of people here never saw Bobby Charlton and like I said, there is a lot of footage out there about Law and Best. i've seen exactly one 15minute tribute to Sir Bobby Charlton on MUTV.

I think leaving him out of this kind of fantasy squad is more real than putting him in just based on name alone, no?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts