Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just love doing these fantasy lineups!

Put your dream first team for next season.
11 starters, 7 subs.

Try also to discuss your tactics, if they are not the typical 4-4-2

I would LOVE to see Fergie buy Franck Ribery and David Villa. Both are possible as Robery has been making noises that he wants to move and Valencia are in serious financial trouble.

For my line-ups, I will include teams with and without Ronaldo or Tevez, as they may or may not be here next season.

The First line up would be:

Berbatov

Rooney - - - - - Villa

Ribery - - Carrick - Hargreaves

Evra - Vidic - Ferdinand - Brown

Foster​

Subs: VDS, Evans, Rafael, Anderson, Park, Nani, Welbeck

This would be a scenario where Ronaldo and Tevez are no longer around. Hopefully Hargreaves can make a full recovery.

This tactic would allow Ribery and Hargreaves to tuck in tight next to Carrick when the opponents are in possession or during build up play.

When attacking or on the break, both Ribery and Hargreaves could push forward and wide.
Berbatov also likes to drop deep, so he could drop down to collect the ball while Rooney and Villa move up and wide to stretch play, stretch play before joining them in attack.

Another scenario would be, if Ronaldo stayed, to play a 4-4-2.

Ribery is capacble of playing as an attacking midfielder and often cuts in from the left to take up a position behind the strikers and create havoc.

In my opinion we don't really have an attacking midfielder at the moment, so Ribery would definitely bring something to the team.

Rooney - Berbatov

Ribery - Carrick - Anderson - Ronaldo

Evra - - Vidic - Ferdinand - - Brown

Foster​

Subs: VDS, Evans, Rafael, Hargreaves, Park, Nani, Villa

Squad:
Keepers: Foster, Kuszczak, VDS

Defenders: Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand, Brown, Evans, Rafael, Fabio, Catchcart. O'Shea, Neville

Midfielders: Ribery, Ronaldo, Carrick, Hargreaves, Scholes, Giggs, Anderson, Park, Nani, Gibson, Possebon,

Strikers: Rooney, Berbatov, Villa, Welbeck

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Foster
Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Ronaldo Carrick Hargreaves Nani*
Berbatov/Villa*/Rooney

*Benzema?
*Young/Ribery?

Bench: VDS, Evans, Brown, Anderson, Giggs, Park, Berb/Villa/Roon

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Rooney Berbatov

Park ..................Ronaldo

Giggs Carrick

Evra Vidic Ferdinand Brown

Van Der Sar​

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
van der Sar

Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra

Park, Carrick, Fletcher, Ronaldo

Rooney, Berbatov

Bench: Foster, Rafael, Evans, Scholes, Giggs, Nani, Welbeck

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
can i include dreams like the marked improvement of players who are already here.
if so, i'd like to see anderson really start to fulfill the potential that got him so much adulation when he first arrived. spurs last week was the first time in a while that he has taken the game by the scruff of the neck, ran at players, hassled them etc. granted, he's been injured, but since the middle of last year he has flattered to deceive for quite a while.

---------foster---------------
brown--ferdinand--vidic--evra
--------carrick--anderson----
ronaldo-------------------ribery
------------rooney------------
-------------berbatov---------

that team with the noted improvement of anderson would be nigh on unstoppable in my opinion.
two classy wingers who would cut in and get you goals. anderson with driving runs from deep. my personal opinion is when he can run with the ball on regular occasions and get it into the box, he will begin to score. because he will be more often getting forward as a part of our play, and will learn that their is no harm in hanging on the edge of the box waiting for a knock back, as rooney and scholes do at corners. he would begin to get in good positions and once that first goal comes, 5/10 a season could follow. it's all confidence with him, and the fact that he hits the corner flag more often than the target with shots gives him no encouragement to shoot again. logic prevails in the argument that the more you are in the box, the more chance you have of scoring.

i think it's fairly well established that nobody would change 3 of our back 4. and for the right back slot, that nobody thinks of bringing somebody in. In a "dream team" for us to all be happy with our defence and keepers is great.

we all know about rooney's best position. it has been documented since he arrived here that he likes to drop off and that's his position. ronaldo and ribery would support from the wings and become a 3-pronged attack behind berbatov, who has in my opinion, the best close control in the game. that just brings players into the attacks, and it is no mean feat for a centre forward to have nearly as many assists as goals.

in an ideal world, tevez would stay for about £20m and sit on our bench with:
kuzczak, o shea, rafael, park, giggs, nani, tevez.

i think we are in a very good position. we have assembled a fantastic squad of players who understand the importance of each other, and are all ready to step in when needed, to sit on the bench when they need a rest, and not to get complacent. they are generally a young bunch, with a coupe of notable exceptions, but i think if the core of the squad sticks together, it could be a few years of united dominance.

the future is most certainly bright

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
The squad we have now, but replace Tevez with Villa/Eto'o/Benzema and buy Ribery.

There isn't a strongest team for me.

·
Registered
458 Posts
------------VDS------------
Alves--ferdinand--vidic--evra-
--------carrick--Gatuso------
-----ronaldo---------Kaka----
--------rooney----Messi------

This would be in my opinion dream team. But it is imposible to make them function good. I don`t know do you all remember Real Madrid when they had players like Zidan, Ronaldo, Beckam, Figo, R carlos,.. But as a team they were shit. So, The best team that could be in 2009/2010 should be:
---------VDS---------------
ronaldo-------------------Park

They r already function great, and they r going to win everything this season.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Ideal you say. Hmmmm, that's a big word, well not really but you know what I mean. To have an ideal team from a fans point of view is all well and good but in all fairness we all thought we were going to have an ideal team in 01/02 when we signed Juan Veron and RVN. And we all know how that turned out that season. A measly 3rd behind the dippers and Arsenal.

Of course there are players we would love to see here.... But.... Are they necessary? And will they sisrupt the harmony like Ruud and Veron kind of did. The signing of Veron meant Scholesy was in and out of the team, something that everyone was up in arms about at the time. So, if we signed Benzema or Villa would people be ok with Rooney or Berba being onn the bench every second week ?????? I don't thinks so... However, if I had my chance to choose a team for next seaon , it would be:

--------------Foster-----------

Rafael-----Vidic----Rio------Evra

-----Hargeaves---Carrick--------

Ronaldo------Rooney------Ribery

------------Berbatov-----------

Goalkeepers: Vds, Pig, Foster

Defenders: Rafael, Gaz, Brown, Vidic, Rio, Evans, Evra, JOS, Fabio

Midfielders: Ronaldo, Valencia, Park, Ribery, Fletcher, Hargy, Carrick, Fletcher, Scholes,Giggs, Anderson.

Strikers: Berbatov, Rooney, Welbeck, Campbell

IN: Ribery: £22M, Valencia: £15M

Out: Nani: 7or8?, Tosic: Loan out, Tevez : Good luck.

Now, Tbh, I expect Valencia to be certainly one of the players coming in at the end of the season and if we could get Ribery too then, booyaa... People may think that we would be short in the striking department with that side but I would be happy to see Ronaldo to replace either Rooney or Berbaatov when they are injured and slot Valencia into the wing position. ALSO, I think if Karim Benzema comes on the market then Fergie will have a pop at him and if we get him we would be in a nice position, but that I believe is unlikely.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Mine would be;
- - - - - Foster - - - - - -
Brown - Rio - Vida - Evra
Ron - Carrick - Scholes - Ribery
- - - - - - - Rooney - - - - -
- - - - - Benzema/Villa - - - -

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
-----------Van der Sar
Brown---Rio---Vidic----Evra
------Carrick---Anderson
Hargreaves-----------------Ronaldo
--------------Rooney
---------------Berbatov

Subs: Foster, Rafa, Giggs , Pogrebnyak, Nani, Scholes, and any combo of: Welbeck/Neville/O'Shea/Fletch/Park/whatever other squad player and/or up and comers that would naturally be rotated in.

This is only if Anderson improves like he should btw.

No sense in breaking the bank for anyone, and IMO Pogrebnyak would be the perfect acquisition for two reasons:

1.We need a target man, for a different look.
2.And he'd be a good value, and probably wouldn't mind riding pine most of the time.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
VDS

VIDA RIO EVRA
(all 3 as cb's - evra's played it for france before :p )

CARRICK HARGO ANDERSON

RONALDO ROONEY RIBERY

TEVEZ​

3-3-3-1

IT WOULD NEVER WORK BUT IT LOOKS NICE

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Bring in Ribery/Silva and Benzema/Villa and we're near enough perfect as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Bring in Ribery/Silva and Benzema/Villa and we're near enough perfect as far as I'm concerned.
They would be my exact choices as well, though Im not fussed if we bring in someone or not as Im happy with what we got.

Line up Id like to see:

---------------VDS-----------------

Wes/Raf----Rio-----Vidic------Evra---

Hargo-----Carrick----Scholes/Giggs---Ronaldo

-------Berba-------------Rooney-----

Or else, Ribery on the left and Ron on the right with Hargo/Carrick in the middle.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
They would be my exact choices as well, though Im not fussed if we bring in someone or not as Im happy with what we got.

Line up Id like to see:

---------------VDS-----------------

Wes/Raf----Rio-----Vidic------Evra---

Hargo-----Carrick----Scholes/Giggs---Ronaldo

-------Berba-------------Rooney-----

Or else, Ribery on the left and Ron on the right with Hargo/Carrick in the middle.
I'd agree....

Wes in for Rafael, for now, and Scholsey ahead of Giggsy....but definitly agree with the two wings!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
can i include dreams like the marked improvement of players who are already here.
if so, i'd like to see anderson really start to fulfill the potential that got him so much adulation when he first arrived. spurs last week was the first time in a while that he has taken the game by the scruff of the neck, ran at players, hassled them etc. granted, he's been injured, but since the middle of last year he has flattered to deceive for quite a while.

---------foster---------------
ronaldo-------------------ribery
-------------berbatov---------

that team with the noted improvement of anderson would be nigh on unstoppable in my opinion.
two classy wingers who would cut in and get you goals. anderson with driving runs from deep. my personal opinion is when he can run with the ball on regular occasions and get it into the box, he will begin to score. because he will be more often getting forward as a part of our play, and will learn that their is no harm in hanging on the edge of the box waiting for a knock back, as rooney and scholes do at corners. he would begin to get in good positions and once that first goal comes, 5/10 a season could follow. it's all confidence with him, and the fact that he hits the corner flag more often than the target with shots gives him no encouragement to shoot again. logic prevails in the argument that the more you are in the box, the more chance you have of scoring.

i think it's fairly well established that nobody would change 3 of our back 4. and for the right back slot, that nobody thinks of bringing somebody in. In a "dream team" for us to all be happy with our defence and keepers is great.

we all know about rooney's best position. it has been documented since he arrived here that he likes to drop off and that's his position. ronaldo and ribery would support from the wings and become a 3-pronged attack behind berbatov, who has in my opinion, the best close control in the game. that just brings players into the attacks, and it is no mean feat for a centre forward to have nearly as many assists as goals.

in an ideal world, tevez would stay for about £20m and sit on our bench with:
kuzczak, o shea, rafael, park, giggs, nani, tevez.

i think we are in a very good position. we have assembled a fantastic squad of players who understand the importance of each other, and are all ready to step in when needed, to sit on the bench when they need a rest, and not to get complacent. they are generally a young bunch, with a coupe of notable exceptions, but i think if the core of the squad sticks together, it could be a few years of united dominance.

the future is most certainly bright
Totally agree about Anderson. IF he starts to fulfill his potential and starts running at defenders more we will have a very, very good midfield.

Also liked your use of the word 'nigh' ;)

The more Anderson gets forward, the more he can use his ball control in the box to create havoc and as you've pointed out, the more likely he is to actually score.

I'm quite encouraged by this squad and by the young players coming through and really think that only minimal tweaking is necessry.

Franck Ribery would be an excellent acquisition and one that would improve our team. His ability to attack on the left or cut in function as an attacking mid.

As for the defenders and keepers, I would say that we are doing well in that department.
If Fabio turns out to be as handy as his brother - and his solitary performance to date suggests it, then we have good back up for Patrice in O'Shea and Fabio.

Ben Foster's performance in the CC Final was a throwback to his days at Watford and if he performs like that consistently, can most certainly be our regular number 1.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bring in Buffon as replacement for Van Der Sar eventually, still has some years too, or if he gets chance then Foster, then Rafael, Vidic, Ferdy and Evra, no better defensive lineup on the planet, then have Hargreaves and Anderson in the centre, bring in Ribery on the left, hopefully if Ronaldo doesnt leave then he is on the right, then Rooney and Berbatov. Lose Tevez because for all the brilliance he brings he doesnt want to be on the bench, bring in the Kid from PSG Guillaume Hoarau, watched him in the frence league and he is unreal, very very quick and a wicked finisher. Along with him on the bench would be Nani, Evans, Fabio, Fletcher who is still so underated, steal Welbeck and Foster if Van Der Sar should go.

So......
Gk- Buffon
RB- Rafael CB- Vidic & Ferdinand LB- Evra
RM- Ronaldo CM- Hargreaves and Anderson LM- Ribery
FW- Rooney & Berbatov

1 - 20 of 44 Posts