Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
7-1 versus Roma anyway? i know it wouldn't be up there with the most important wins but my god did we play football that night! best performance i can remember for a long long time!we were amazing from the 1st whistle to the last :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Juventus away in '99, Arsenal semi final replay in '99, obviously the two CL finals.
The 4-3 game against Madrid at OT was unreal. The best game of football i've ever seen. Talk about excitment, pity we were knocked out.
Dippers/Anfield/John O'Shea......
These 6 games for me plus the game vs Barca in 94? 2-2. What a game.

edit: and this one :D
7-1 versus Roma anyway? i know it wouldn't be up there with the most important wins but my god did we play football that night! best performance i can remember for a long long time!we were amazing from the 1st whistle to the last :thumbsup:

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
They did, at half time we were level on points with them and at full time we were 5 points clear!
That was a great game.

They scored via a deflected free kick and then a 20 yearder from Fernandez, then O'Shea grabbed one back after the keeper spilled it, then P. Neville did the right thing, after which Rooney scored with a class goal (first touch a little heavy though), then Rooney set up Eagles, who nearly tripped as he was running with the ball, and who started screaming like a girl after he scored :D

Although that game ruined Ronaldo's season. He was injured but was forced to come on after we pulled one back. Obviously he made it worse. We also left a part of ourselves at that ground. 3 days later we were demolished by Milan.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
That was a great game.

They scored via a deflected free kick and then a 20 yearder from Fernandez, then O'Shea grabbed one back after the keeper spilled it, then P. Neville did the right thing, after which Rooney scored with a class goal (first touch a little heavy though), then Rooney set up Eagles, who nearly tripped as he was running with the ball, and who started screaming like a girl after he scored :D

Although that game ruined Ronaldo's season. He was injured but was forced to come on after we pulled one back. Obviously he made it worse. We also left a part of ourselves at that ground. 3 days later we were demolished by Milan.
Yeah that was class. When Eagles put that goal away i accidentally a beer across the room celebrating!

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
changes regularly but the 77 cup final win that stopped the scousers treble was sweeter than a candy floss dipped in aspartame .

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's hard to pick just one. Juventus away in '99, Arsenal semi final replay in '99, obviously the two CL finals. Too many amazing games to pick one.

with you there mate, obviously the 99 CL Final for obviosu reasons will always rank as one the greatest.:cool:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
It has to be the champions league final in 99 , ole's strike sent us to heaven being there was the most amazing night ever better than moscow

·
Registered
773 Posts
4-3 vs Madrid was fantastic, I wonder what would have
happened if we had Eddy back then.

4-2 in 06/07 vs Everton was exceptional aswell. 0-2 down with
Chelsea winning, then O'Shea scores, Phil Neville own goal,
Ronaldo comes on, header and Chris Eagles scores a good
goal to make it 4-2.

2-1 vs Sunderland in 02/03 was a match I really enjoyed for some
reason. Rio and Veron combine to score an own goal and Sunderland
go what at the time was referred to as Liverpool style. For
80 minutes or so they defended bravely then Beckham scores
(a lob?) and Scholes finishes at '90 to win.
+ 1.................

·
Registered
629 Posts
The 99 semi final replay was the best game I've seen in my life. It had everything that we know about football. Penalty save in the 90th minute, red card to keane...the best goal I've ever seen in my lifetime. There won't be any other match like that one I think.

The 4-2 against Everton was something special along with the 7-1 against Roma. We were dwn 1-0 at half time then Piennar scored(?) in the 50th minute while Chelsea were cruising at 2-0. Then came the own goal by Phil Neville and there was no looking back for us. Chelsea drew and we were destined to win the league. That was something special.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts