Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since the transfer window has just finished i would like to ask ya'll who do you think will be the biggest flop of the upcoming season...my guess is pavluchenko !although the way things are dveloping at the moment robbie keane seems to be carrying the flag but i think once he scores his first he'll come good...
guys ......?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
robinho could be the biggest flop, with the heavy price tag on him. it depends whether he can adjust the premier league. brazillian are not that tough(excluding anderson-son-son)

Z

·
0 Posts
Yeah Riera will struggle I think. He was crap at Ciddeh so I see no reason why he won't be crap at Liverpool.

They always seem to buy average players. Pennant, Benayoun, Kuyt etc. Love it :)

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i actually think keane will be a success,,,,remember the last season when torres was crap in the first couple of matches...i was lovin' it...but after he started scoring nothing was the same for me :(

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I think Keane will turn out to be a good signing. He certainly won't be a flop.

But Alberto Reira....wow.... I will say that I will be most surprised, if he does NOT turn out to be a flop.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
The thing about Robbie Keane is this. To be a flop it would have to be Keane himself who failed. This is not the case with Robbie Keane.

It's Liverpool's system that doesn't really work to Keane's advantage. For goodness sakes Liverpool had a good system last year.

Well, good by their standards, meaning not quite good enough. :D Anyway they had a striker who was scoring goals.

Liverpool are like AC Milan. They favour a slow build up through the midfield. They like to control the midfield.

Then they need a striker capable of finishing an attack. They had Torres. All good. Until they bought Keane and Rafa had to change the one system that worked. :eek:

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Oh wait I didn't choose a flop. Luka Modric. So overrated. In fact so is Niko Kranjcar. I don't know what anybody sees in those two.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Riera liverpool

can't say if Robbie Keane is a flop or not cuz he needs time to understand Torres

so don't call Robbie a flop as Berbatov will suffer the same

Dos Santos maybe become a flop but i want to give him some time

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
You cant really say Robbie Keane after 3games, rem Benitez played him on the left so i agree with dlan4327 there who said its liverpools system thats a failure.
He should come good soon.

Coloccini the Newcastle defender cost 10mil and if they leak goals like last year i would call that a flop.

The same goes for Anton Ferdinand for sunderland, they cant leak as many as last year or Anton too could be a failure.

And Saha, if he is fit he will score goals for any team, but keeping him fit is the problem

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I'm gonna give a serious answer and go for

Modric at Spurs

Just think he is a pile of cr4p at the moment from his first few displays.
Maybe Bentley as well...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts